Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Who has the best future - Rose / Wall / Irving / Stephen Curry / Lillard ?

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    Has anyone stopped to think that Wall might be playing at this level because it is his contract year?

No, because his contract year is next year.

Default Re: Who has the best future - Rose / Wall / Irving / Stephen Curry / Lillard ?

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    Has anyone stopped to think that Wall might be playing at this level because it is his contract year?
    If you watch his game, he's really not doing much different other than hitting his jump shot (which in turn, has allowed to be less tentative on offense) and he finally has his legs under him and his conditioning close to its normal levels. If you pay attention to him, you'd know this is really just a natural progression before. I never quite got where the idea about his lack of work ethic came from anyway.

Also, exactly why would Lillard have more upside than Wall? He's not quite as athletic as Wall, and he's not the passer or defender Wall is on top of being older than Wall.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    why isnt goatbrook on this list?

oh i understand, you didn't want it to be a runaway

1. rose - already has an mvp, could get more if he ever comes back and bulls get him a 2nd star
    2. curry - great shooter, got his shitty college team to the final 4
    3. lillard - already has the 'it' factor. numerous clutch shots
    4. irving - clutch as hell, bad defender though and injury prone
    5. wall - show me more, like the 47 pt game he had. his team needs to start winning, just like irvings
    He's been having a bunch of great games lately and they ARE winning. They have a winning record with Wall this year and a winning record with Wall+Nene last year.

anyone putting Lillard above Wall needs to pass the blunt on. Lillard got dropped into a vastly better situation than Wall or Irving. It's way easier to play well as a young pg with a great big and two wings who can shoot 3's all day.
    Last edited by ralph_i_el; 03-27-2013 at 02:08 PM.

Lillard is taking 6 three pointers a game. That isn't what i am looking for in a pg.

I think Wall has more pg skills than all of those guys. The big question mark has always been his jumper.

He is shooting 48% this month from 10+ feet. If he can continue to shoot over 40% on jumpers i would take him over all those guys. That is a big if though. Before this month he generally shot around 30% on jumpers.
    Last edited by tontoz; 03-27-2013 at 03:37 PM.

Rose
    Irving

Lillard
    Curry
    Wall

pretty sure only 1 of these guys has seen a playoff game in person

Quote Originally Posted by Human Error
    While the league currently lacks quality back to the basket big men, there are lots of great young playmakers. How would you rank those 5 players in terms of future accolades / performances? For me it looks as below.

1. Kyrie Irving
    2. John Wall
    3. Derrick Rose
    4. Stephen Curry
    5. Damian Lillard
    Wow that's a tough one. All of these players are unique in their own way. Very tough to rank.

I think Kyrie Irving has the highest ceiling he is simply too much of a matchup nightmare. he can get anywhere he wants to on the court , because of his absurd ball handling ability. he can finish with either hand. And is the Youngest of the crew at only 21 years old.

John Wall may have the highest statistical ceiling in terms of PPG/APG/RPG/SPG/BPG

Stephen Curry right now is playing at the same level if not higher than Derrick Rose's MVP season. Let's keep that in mind, but Curry doesn't have the athleticsm the other players have. You can put a bigger guy on Curry and it bothers him as we see in the Spurs series.

Damian Lillard is a great player, but just a notch below all the other four from a talent and ceiling perspective. No shame in that though.

From what i've seen

1. Kyrie Irving
    2. Derrick Rose
    3. Stephen Curry
    4. John Wall
    5. Damian Lillard

Lillard is the only one who will be an impact player at 30. Wall relies completely on athleticism and plays out of control; he'll get hurt or burn out. Irving and Curry are made of glass, unfortunately. Rose? Who knows. At the moment we can't confidently predict anything other than Grant Hill 2.0.

Lillard is the kind of player who does really big things and never gets worse. As he gets older and slower, he'll get wiser. If I had to pick one of these guys it'd be Lillard. I just don't have any confidence in any of the others. For Curry and Irving, it's not their fault, and who knows maybe their injury days are over. I doubt it though.

Time to reevaluate your lists