Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Who has the best future - Rose / Wall / Irving / Stephen Curry / Lillard ?

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    If Wall leads the Wiz to the playoffs I'll be the first to tip my hat....until then I think he's a bit overrated.
    With him the line up they're a winning team this season. By a good margin too. He would be doing it already if not for the injury.

Default Re: Who has the best future - Rose / Wall / Irving / Stephen Curry / Lillard ?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    This is also depends if he's 100% and back to his MVP form.

I disagree with Curry being just a shooter.
    100% Rose was a monster and outplayed every other elite PG for 2 seasons straight.

Even if he comes back 90%, he will still be better than 99% of them.

The thing is Rose doesn't just rely on his athleticism, he actually has tons of dribble moves and fakes along with the best floater in the game that he can get off anytime without momentum, which extends to 10-14 feet. He usually goes glass on his lay ups so that will be there too.

His only tough matchups will be Wall and Westbrook.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

If Wall leads the Wiz to the playoffs I'll be the first to tip my hat....until then I think he's a bit overrated.

No you won't. You'll still call him unathletic.

Kyrie, Lillard, and Curry have never led their team to the playoffs. Do you knock them for that?

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Damian Lillard is the one to lead their team to a championship???
    He's going to be a future ATG. Give him a few years you'll see. Portland will be a playoff team by next year, bank on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    No you won't. You'll still call him unathletic.

Kyrie, Lillard, and Curry have never led their team to the playoffs. Do you knock them for that?
    1. I say Wall is athletic, but not the athlete they projected him to be vertically...speed wise yes, but he doesn't have that wow factor Rw has or Rose and Francis had.

2. I do knock them but Wall has an easier path the playoffs being in the east. My point was I'd take Wall over Kyrie and Curry if he can blossom into a leader.

Saw a basketball once ThunderStruk022's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    lol @ some poster not putting Irving at the top.

Irving was already on a different stratosphere as a 20 year old. Beside from Rose's MVP run (undeserved but a great season nevertheless), Irving's first two years >>> Lillard, Wall, Curry up to this point in their career/

Irving - 21 (birthday 3 days ago)
    Lillard - 22 (23 this year)
    Wall - 22 (23 this year)
    Rose - 24 (25 this year)
    Curry - 25
    lol @ noob cake for lol'ing at posters for not having the same extreme Duke bias as him.

And no Westbrook OP? Really? A 24 year old PG averaging 23-7-5-2 the last 2 years, 23-8-5-2 this year, and for stretches of both seasons he's carried and been the best player on arguably the best team in the West.

Yeah, let's not include that guy. That'd be silly.

Saw a basketball once ThunderStruk022's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    2. curry - great shooter, got his shitty college team to the final 4
    No, they actually lost in the Elite 8. But that was the year all 4 1-seeds made the Final 4. Curry did damn near beat a loaded Kansas team in the Elite 8, though, and Kansas went on to beat the shit out of UNC in the Final 4 then won the national championship game over Memphis.

That was Curry and a bunch of solid D1 ballers, against Mario Chalmers, Brandon Rush, Cole Aldrich, think Darrell Arthur was on the team, and other guys like Darnell Jackson and Sherron Collins who at least spent a little bit of time in the NBA. None of the other players on Davidson sniffed the NBA, and they still only lost to Kansas by 2.

High School Varsity 6th Man entropy35's Avatar

Man why are some of ya'll disrespecting Rose and Wall.

I probably go rose first then Wall then a big gap. I think those two will have one of the better teams and wall can make a 5-28 team go 21-16, now that's impressive. Rose can take a good team to an elite team.

IF you included Westbrook i would take him first. That guy is stupid good with a great team.

06,12,13 NBA Champions Brickz187's Avatar

Westbrook, Rose & Wall are the only ones who matter in that group. I know Westbrook wasn't included in the initial post, but Westbrook should be in this list. Irving has a chance, other than that Curry has ankles made of pudding and Lillard is still in his rookie year.

they would be fighting for home court in the east had he played the whole season

Serious playground baller toneloc103's Avatar

Has anyone stopped to think that Wall might be playing at this level because it is his contract year?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    100% Rose was a monster and outplayed every other elite PG for 2 seasons straight.

Even if he comes back 90%, he will still be better than 99% of them.

The thing is Rose doesn't just rely on his athleticism, he actually has tons of dribble moves and fakes along with the best floater in the game that he can get off anytime without momentum, which extends to 10-14 feet. He usually goes glass on his lay ups so that will be there too.

His only tough matchups will be Wall and Westbrook.
    Actually, I found out sometime last season that Rose has the toughest time against Curry.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=curryst01

I know the sample isn't large, 5 games. They only play each other twice a year (once last year I believe)... but Curry gives Rose problems. He actually does better against Rose than Rondo, Westbrook, or CP3 do. He holds Rose to less points, a lower FG%, and more turnovers.

Rondo:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=rondora01

Westbrook:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=westbru01

Wall:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=walljo01

Paul:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...01&p2=paulch01

Something to note: The Warriors haven't been a good defensive team for a while, whereas Boston and Chicago have been some of the best defensive teams the league has seen recently.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103
    Has anyone stopped to think that Wall might be playing at this level because it is his contract year?

i think wall is just improving.

as it goes for Kyrie v. Wall its most likely gonna be about which of their respective teams does better.

And man do people seem to forget the Rose has had the luxury of having a pretty decent team around him while Kyrie and Wall are playing on injury riddled squads in the midst of their respective rebuilds.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Brickz187
    Westbrook, Rose & Wall are the only ones who matter in that group. I know Westbrook wasn't included in the initial post, but Westbrook should be in this list. Irving has a chance, other than that Curry has ankles made of pudding and Lillard is still in his rookie year.
    I think Westbrook wasn't included in the list because despite being young, most people think he's already made it and there are no question marks about him.

Rose was right there with him on that short list, but his injury puts a question mark next to him. He was playing at a very elite level, but if his injury hurts his play even a little, he could be averaging numbers around the rest of the group he was just put in.

Also, I don't understand how you can say that Rose and Wall are the only ones that matter in that group.

Wall, in his third season, is the second worst player in the group right now. Lillard is the only one that you can argue is worse than Wall and Lillard has more upside than Wall does at this point. Lillard is much more composed as a player and has a much better jumper than Wall.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc103

It's not his contract year. He is signed through the 2014 season. And even if it was, he would be restricted.