Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups KB24Fan's Avatar

Default Re: Steve Nash Is The Most Overrated NBA Player Ever!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GiveItToBurrito
    Then why is it that Chris Duhon played in the same system and averaged just over half as many assists and wasn't able to score as well? And you can make the case that anyone's a product of their system - having Stojakovic on the wing to catch and shoot, West to pick and pop, and Chandler to catch lobs didn't exactly hurt Chris Paul's numbers, but he's still far from just a product of a system. Hell, Kobe benefited from all the spacing the triangle gives him, but it's not like he'd suck if he played in a pick and roll oriented offense. Coaches acquire players who will thrive in their systems, and if there was someone better than Nash for running Pheonix's offense, they'd trade Nash and acquire them just like they did when Marbury was running the team.
    IGNORANT RESPONSE didn't say Nash wasn't an all-star i just said he's not an HOF material...There's alot of Rubbish in this so let me carver through all of them....Duhon at best is a back up, Stojakovic is a shooter he can play in any system IDIOT!!!, Paul numbers r the same without Chandler IDIOT!!!, Look At The Beginning of The 04-05 season Kobe wasn't playing in A triangle an his numbers didn't change at all IDIOT!!! Marbury was a shoot 1st point guard IDIOT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KAJ=GOAT
    Cut it out, hes a two time MVP, and nobody can explain why.

Thats some serious overrating.

Shaq isn't even a two time MVP and his impact far surpasses that of Steve "No D" Nash.
    Amazing passer, amazing shooter, one of the best players in the NBA in clutch times, consistent, makes his players better, great leader, led the Suns to 62 wins tying a franchise record...

See Steve Nash up there above everyone else? That's what you call greatness.

I usually hit open layups KB24Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wagexslave
    Amazing passer, amazing shooter, one of the best players in the NBA in clutch times, consistent, makes his players better, great leader, led the Suns to 62 wins tying a franchise record...
    Jesus Christ WOW!!! Great Shooter Great Passer, Great Offensive System, when does nash rebound,play defense, when do you see nash make a key defensive stop on another point guard...Tony Parker used to rape him in the playoffs...All i'm hearing is Great Shooter,Great Passer you gotta be more than that 2 get in the HOF...

Dunking on everybody in the park

Probably the biggest misconception in basketball.

Player A doesn't make Player B, or C, or D better.

He has a solid offensive game, I'm not denying that,

but there are two sides to basketball, and he just doesn't cut it on the other end to justify why hes great.

Dennis Rodman always gets put down because he didn't do it at the offensive end.

But Steve Nash gets a pass for not having D?

I don't think so.

Banned

nash is great

but there are two sides to basketball, and he just doesn't cut it on the other end to justify why hes great.

Dennis Rodman always gets put down because he didn't do it at the offensive end.

I don't think so.
    I see no problem in those 2 players making the HOF. They're both great in their own way, and should be recognized for it.

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

I don't think so.
    Wow ... so you are saying that playing with a player that can find you when you are open, and even get you open, doesn't make it easier to score, therefore making you a better player? Is that what you are saying?

I don't think so.
    He may not be a good defender overall(he gets walked all over most of the time), but he's one of the best players I've ever seen at drawing offensive fouls. You've got to give him at least SOME credit for how well he draws charges.

I don't think he's the best overall player in the NBA or anything, not even close... but MVP award isn't the "best overall player in the NBA" award. That's why he won.

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

I don't believe in this type of overrating

If 95% of people belive Nash is a great player, and you are in the 5% that doesn't, odds are you are underrating him

Overrating is if, say, Cavs fans think Hickson is the next Malone ... Then they are overrating him because they puting his value above the generally accepted level

Even someone like Joe Johnson I don't think is underated, because if you ask most fans they'll say he's a really good player, Id say he's more overlooked

Not airballing my layups anymore

I am having a hard time naming right now in the league one point guard that can completely shut down another. The pg position is played by a lot of damn good players who are always gonna get there numbers...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalMike
    Nash is a run 'n gun guy... and likely on of the best point guards ever in that sort of offense.... I can't think of anyone better at it from that offensive perspective....

See, this is why people say he's overrated.

See Steve Nash up there above everyone else? That's what you call greatness.
    What? CP3 is doing just as much with at least two hundred less possessions?

I love Steve Nash, but people put him on such a HIGH pedestal.
    Last edited by phoenix18; 02-13-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by spree43
    I don't believe in this type of overrating

If 95% of people belive Nash is a great player, and you are in the 5% that doesn't, odds are you are underrating him

Overrating is if, say, Cavs fans think Hickson is the next Malone ... Then they are overrating him because they puting his value above the generally accepted level

Even someone like Joe Johnson I don't think is underated, because if you ask most fans they'll say he's a really good player, Id say he's more overlooked

Nash is a very tricky situation. No one would rank him with the other 2 time MVp's he has no playoff sucess and he has never been the no questions asked best PG . his teams have always had let downs in the playoffs and he is very weak on D but you cant deny his passing ablilty but I dont see much difference in him and mark Price I find it hard to rank him as a top 10 PG of all time here is the list
    Magic
    Oscar
    isiah
    Stockton
    Cousy
    Frazier
    payton
    KJ
    Kidd
    Tiny
    DJ
    I would take all over Nash without even thinking about it

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by spree43
    Wow ... so you are saying that playing with a player that can find you when you are open, and even get you open, doesn't make it easier to score, therefore making you a better player? Is that what you are saying?

How much better would Steve Nash make Kwame Brown?

Getting a person an easier shot, doesn't equate into making them a better player.

You don't just turn shit into gold because you have the right tools.