Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    I usually hit open layups KB24Fan's Avatar

Default Steve Nash Is The Most Overrated NBA Player Ever!!!

There is no way that this guy should be put in the HOF he's a system point guard. He's no different than a college quarterback in a pass happy offense he gives you numbers thats it.... He's NEVER going to win a championship he has 2 MVPs that you can argue someone else could have one...
    He had 1 Great Season & Post season that was in 04-05 what else has he done....
    Just Venting...

Default Re: Steve Nash Is The Most Overrated NBA Player Ever!!!

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB24Fan
    There is no way that this guy should be put in the HOF he's a system point guard. He's no different than a college quarterback in a pass happy offense he gives you numbers thats it.... He's NEVER going to win a championship he has 2 MVPs that you can argue someone else could have one...
    He had 1 Great Season & Post season that was in 04-05 what else has he done....
    Just Venting...

what an idiot. rehasing the same things said in what, 2005?

every year, Nash proves more and more he's actually an all time great.

and he's had more than one good playoff run. 06 and 07 are pretty good too.

Great college starter Black Joker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman

and

He's the most ridiculous man in the world

NBA lottery pick

This board is really getting depressing. Used to be there was a lot more good threads than bad, pointless, stupid threads. But these days, good threads are like finding a needle in a haystack and bad threads come by the dozens.

I usually hit open layups KB24Fan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman

do you view colt brennan the same as Tim Tebow... i know basketball forum but what other way can you look at it....All-time great get the phuck out of here... i been watching steve nash since he was in Dallas He doesn't play a lick of defense, and in Dallas his numbers where pedestrian, solid at best...Nowhere near Jason Kidd Is His Prime, Isiah,Penny Hardaway,2 many 2 name...Hell When Chris Paul reaches his prime he'll truly be considered an all-time great

Dunking on everybody in the park

This much is true.

Compare him to the great point guards in history,

Magic, Stockton, Thomas, Robertson, etc,

and he simply does not match up in any way, shape or form.

The absolute worst of multiple winning MVPs.

Neither was even deserved.

GiveItToBurrito
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Then why is it that Chris Duhon played in the same system and averaged just over half as many assists and wasn't able to score as well? And you can make the case that anyone's a product of their system - having Stojakovic on the wing to catch and shoot, West to pick and pop, and Chandler to catch lobs didn't exactly hurt Chris Paul's numbers, but he's still far from just a product of a system. Hell, Kobe benefited from all the spacing the triangle gives him, but it's not like he'd suck if he played in a pick and roll oriented offense. Coaches acquire players who will thrive in their systems, and if there was someone better than Nash for running Pheonix's offense, they'd trade Nash and acquire them just like they did when Marbury was running the team.

I see why our fan base is hated on by most. Idiots.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by catch24
    I see why our fan base is hated on by most. Idiots.

Cut it out, hes a two time MVP, and nobody can explain why.

Thats some serious overrating.

Shaq isn't even a two time MVP and his impact far surpasses that of Steve "No D" Nash.

Dunking on everybody in the park spree43's Avatar

Why are you venting on Nashy? Did he just cut you off in traffic or something?

A system player doesn't shoot those %s and make those assists unless he is great himself. He was top 2-3 for MVP in both the years he won it, there is no argueing that if you are of sound mind and look at it without bias. Whether it was he or one of the others that got it was a matter of opinion, and they majority of the EXPERTS (who watched most of the games that year and have probably been following basketball for a while) were of the opinion that he was most deserving ... so get off Nash's back about the MVPs

1 MVP pretty much makes you a lock for HOF, so I think he's safe to make that as well

If the overwelming majority of true basketball experts and tv analysts who really know basketball say he is great, and you don't, then you are probably missing something and you need to re-evaluate your point of view

Banned

I can't understand why people think it isn't right that Nash has 2 MVP's while O'Neal, Kobe and so on have only 1. The MVP isn't a career reward, it's simply about being the best player on the best team of the season. If someone happens to play in an era that's stuffed with legends then that sucks for him. Nash deserved those MVP's rightfully.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Who isn't a system player? There isn't a guy in the league that wouldn't play better in some schemes and worse in others. I didn't agree with Nash being MVP either, but the fact of the matter is he made multiple All-Star teams as a Maverick and has been an All-Star since D'Antoni left.

Jesus some of you people talk as if you could put any bum in place of Nash and they will thrive. Nash thrived because he was Nash. And why do people still give a shyt about the MVP awards? Really, would it mean so much to you if your beloved player won one extra MVP after cancelling Nash's?
    Last edited by Junny; 02-13-2010 at 12:05 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Nash is a run 'n gun guy... and likely on of the best point guards ever in that sort of offense.... I can't think of anyone better at it from that offensive perspective....