Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default Were Nash & Rose top 5 players in the league the years they won MVP?

'05 is one of the hardest seasons to rank players, as no one clearly established themselves as the best in the league, and ranking a top 5 that year is extremely difficult. But considering the Suns turnaround with his arrival, helping lead his team to the most wins in the league, plus playing as well as anybody else in the playoffs, I'd consider Nash a top 5 player in '05

'06 is a lot easier, and I'd easily rank Kobe, Wade, Dirk, LeBron, and Duncan over Nash, and there's arguably a couple others others you could as well

As for 2011, I'd rank Dirk, Dwight, LeBron, Wade, and Durant over Rose, but if you swapped out Durant for Rose I wouldn't necessarily disagree

What say you ISH?

Default Re: Were Nash & Rose top 5 players in the league the years they won MVP?

Dirk wasn't a top 5 player in 2011

Default Re: Were Nash & Rose top 5 players in the league the years they won MVP?

They were top 1. MVP = best player in the league

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Thoughts Bill?

of course they were,

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    What the **** are you talking about?

He led the league in RAPM in the regular season and led that mediocre supporting cast that sucked with him off the floor to a 55-18 record...2-7 without him.

Then was easily the best player overall in the playoffs.

If that doesn't warrant top 5...we might as well just stop talking basketball.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Nash was top 5 in 06 easily

Rose was top 5 in 11 easily

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob

It doesn't mean that at all.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Yes

Yes, that's why they won MVPs.

I would definitely say Nash was Top 5 in 05, but I am not sure about 06.

Dirk was definitely top 5 in 11, no doubt.

Banned

Why do idiots still try to bring postseason success into MVP conversations? It's 2015, do you retards not understand how irrelevant that is.

25 points per game/7 assists per game/4 rebounds per game/1 steal per game

Anyway, best player on the best team. (funny because people criticize Rose for winning the award but believe Curry was the MVP this year)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor
    Why do idiots still try to bring postseason success into MVP conversations? It's 2015, do you retards not understand how irrelevant that is.

Anyway, best player on the best team. (funny because people criticize Rose for winning the award but believe Curry was the MVP this year)
    The OP asked if they were top 5 players the year they won MVP....and is including the playoffs.

That is different than MVP.

One can think Nash deserved MVP, but wasn't the best player in the league.

I'm not sure why people like you can't see the difference.

I rarely see people say Rose doesn't deserve the MVP actually. It's just that he clearly wasn't the best player in the game.

I don't think Curry was the best either, but he has a better case than Rose did.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    MVP doesn't mean that at all

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RightTwoCensor

except no, the criteria changes every year

if the criteria was "best player on the best team" Shaq would have 2+ MVPs