Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    70p game: DBook-1 MJ-0 livingby3's's Avatar

Default Suns officially sign Knight, Sonny Weems, Teletovic, and Price

For anyone who's interested.

Don't understand the Price signing. Can't we like get Seth?

http://www.azcentral.com/story/sport...-nba/30325335/

Default Re: Suns officially sign Knight, Sonny Weems, Teletovic, and Price

Who's that young dude on the Suns who does cool dunks? Seems like he might turn into a decent player.

Suns have to start putting it together this season. Bledsoe, Knight, Morris and Chandler, some solid role players in Tucker and Teletovic, good young talent in Alex Len, TJ Warren, Archie Goodwin and Booker. Not sure if they'll make the playoffs but they should show some progress.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Who's that young dude on the Suns who does cool dunks? Seems like he might turn into a decent player.
    Goodwin? He's got a long way to go but he's barely gotten the developmental time he needs. Maybe they've finally cleared some PT for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    Don't understand the Price signing. Can't we like get Seth?
    Apparently Price is one of the premier "locker room" guys around the league, per some comments I heard on a recent podcast. You guys will have enough actual PG mins to give up to Bledsoe/Knight/Goodwin that I don't see Price playing much.

It seemed like the Pellies had the inside track on signing Seth Curry this summer. He probably can see himself carving out some PT if things break right. Not to mention Gentry's relationship with his brother.
    Last edited by SwishSquared; 07-18-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwishSquared
    Goodwin? He's got a long way to go but he's barely gotten the developmental time he needs. Maybe they've finally cleared some PT for him.
    I was actually thinking of TJ Warren, but Goodwin is the guy who had that nasty dunk on Valanciunas. I originally thought it was Warren who did that.

the WHITE side

Fight for the 8 seed STARTS NOW.

Gerald green. Went to Miami

Damn suns should trade away bledso

Decent college freshman

I was actually thinking of TJ Warren, but Goodwin is the guy who had that nasty dunk on Valanciunas. I originally thought it was Warren who did that.
    I'm optimistic about Warren- dude has a great feel for the game. He still needs NBA 3 point range, but I think he should be solid. I didn't watch him when he got minutes last year, but I'm looking forward to seeing him this year. He got buckets in college and has enough size that he should be able to be a good bench scorer.

College superstar

not bad - not bad at all

isn't sonny weems the guy who went to EL and dominated? lol

Apparently Price is one of the premier "locker room" guys around the league, per some comments I heard on a recent podcast. You guys will have enough actual PG mins to give up to Bledsoe/Knight/Goodwin that I don't see Price playing much.

It seemed like the Pellies had the inside track on signing Seth Curry this summer. He probably can see himself carving out some PT if things break right. Not to mention Gentry's relationship with his brother.
    Thanks for the input. That would make sense especially with the numbers of young players the Suns have. but I feel they do need a clearcut on court leader. is bledsoe that guy, we will see

I'm optimistic about Warren- dude has a great feel for the game. He still needs NBA 3 point range, but I think he should be solid. I didn't watch him when he got minutes last year, but I'm looking forward to seeing him this year. He got buckets in college and has enough size that he should be able to be a good bench scorer.

As far as Warren goes, from what Ive seen, its a matter of when not if he becomes a starter. Reminds me of Jamison quite a bit.

He's a young player with basketball instincts well beyond his years, tremendous timing on when to cut to the basket and the ability to score in a myriad of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by PejaNowitzki
    As far as Warren goes, from what Ive seen, its a matter of when not if he becomes a starter. Reminds me of Jamison quite a bit.

He's a young player with basketball instincts well beyond his years, tremendous timing on when to cut to the basket and the ability to score in a myriad of ways.
    U sir, got it. Suns fans around the internet are very high on Warren aka Warr machine n most see him taking that starting SF spot over Tucker this coming season. like u mentioned its only a matter of time this happens, and with Tyson manning the middle helps cover the defensive dropoff from playing Warren over Tucker.
    If the coaching stuff can get this group to play hard consistently, and then if Tyson can give Len some valuable guidance defending the rim, good thing will happen within the next couple of years.

Another concern I have, is when the management are going to trade one of either Bledsoe or Knight. what I believe is that they will be choosing between them as the season progress, determining who's the better fit. These two players are definitely getting their minutes. But then there is also Goodwin n Booker who needs PT to develop.

As a Suns fan I don't mind the position the team is in. Probably gonna be another season fighting for eighth, ending up with that 11-15 pick, but we have pieces to make things right

I rule the local playground

Poor Seth

I remember some pistons fan saying we gave up on an asset (marcus morris) to clear cap space for LA and failed. lol. anyone who's a suns fan were relieved to finally have him off our books. his brother (markieff) is good, really good, but the pro's don't outweigh the cons and some fans would love to see him go too. I have a feeling we're trying to work out a trade that involves him.

Archie's shot is broken. He seem's to be reluctant to actually live up to his potential. He's athletic but lacks any basketball IQ. Not to jump to conclusions but the rookie Devin Booker has already shown flashes of being more NBA ready than Archie Goodwin.
    Last edited by Xover; 07-18-2015 at 10:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by livingby3's
    U sir, got it. Suns fans around the internet are very high on Warren aka Warr machine n most see him taking that starting SF spot over Tucker this coming season. like u mentioned its only a matter of time this happens, and with Tyson manning the middle helps cover the defensive dropoff from playing Warren over Tucker.
    If the coaching stuff can get this group to play hard consistently, and then if Tyson can give Len some valuable guidance defending the rim, good thing will happen within the next couple of years.

Another concern I have, is when the management are going to trade one of either Bledsoe or Knight. what I believe is that they will be choosing between them as the season progress, determining who's the better fit. These two players are definitely getting their minutes. But then there is also Goodwin n Booker who needs PT to develop.

As a Suns fan I don't mind the position the team is in. Probably gonna be another season fighting for eighth, ending up with that 11-15 pick, but we have pieces to make things right
    I don't think either will be traded as they're both combo guards who aren't the best at distributing and play making but aren't exactly ball stoppers either. As long as knight can buy into the system it should work out. My only concern is the SG position and PF position. We'll have to see how weems and whether or not Kief will be able to perform and progress without being emotional about his brother.

TJ is on his way and has great potential but I don't see him taking over the starting position over PJ tucker. PJ is a capable 3 and D guy. He'll be defending most of the leagues starters at SG and SF. There's no need for his defensive talent to go to waste on bench players. TJ isn't anywhere near a great defender but he can learn and it just depends on how much effort he puts in. He'll do what he does best which is score on any team's 2nd unit.