Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default If the Purge was real would you kill?

Or would you hide and hope to survive

Default Re: If the Purge was real would you kill?

i'd fortify my house and snipe nigguhs on the roof with my friends and family.

Dumb concept. But i'd thrive. I couldn't afford (nor would I need) an armored up house so I'd go out into the wilderness and basically be way out in the open. Confident I'd never be found, most people are sheltered pussies these days I always go on several day hikes and mountain bike trips as it is and most of the time I literally never see a soul. People love their A/C, they won't go out in the rain, physical fatigue and exposure to the elements to the degree that I handle is an alien concept to them. If they go to a park they prefer the paved or cinder sidewalks and parking lots and grassy fields and shit. I go a couple of miles into a ravine, camp out under a cliff side, purge weekend would basically be just another camping trip for me.

*EDIT* and no I wouldn't kill.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-19-2014 at 12:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Dumb concept. But i'd thrive. I couldn't afford (nor would I need) an armored up house so I'd go out into the wilderness and basically be way out in the open. Confident I'd never be found, most people are sheltered pussies these days I always go on several day hikes and mountain bike trips as it is and most of the time I literally never see a soul. People love their A/C, they won't go out in the rain, physical fatigue and exposure to the elements to the degree that I handle is an alien concept to them. If they go to a park they prefer the paved or cinder sidewalks and parking lots and grassy fields and shit. I go a couple of miles into a ravine, camp out under a cliff side, purge weekend would basically be just another camping trip for me.

Damn you basically described me in this post... I hate the wilderness I litter every chance I get... I would probably kill smokey the bear during the purge so he can stop preventing forest fires

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    Killed by people on purge weekend

Or eaten by mosquitos all weekend

Tough one

On the real: how does an outdoorsman like yourself combat the annoying gnats? That shit tests my patience. Swarming all over my face getting in my eye and accidentally swallowing em n shit.
    A spray bottle of off "deep woods" (extra potent with DEET) usually does the trick though that shit is bad for you don't make a habit of using it. Honestly I usually don't even bring bug spray unless friends are coming, I don't get bit by bugs much, wearing long sleeve clothing helps, or if mountain biking just staying in motion. Tents if you keep them zipped up are bug free.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-19-2014 at 12:15 PM.

Shitting in the woods is probably the most annoying part. Especially if it's raining or some horse flies find you mid-squat. But If you can shit in the woods you can live in the woods as far as I'm concerned. It's better than being killed in the purge

Dragic4lyfe/michael corleone/etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandito
    Dragic4lyfe/michael corleone/etc...

NBA Superstar

are you really 'man'ing' it out tho? like make your own fire, no tent, hunting game, etc. or any variation there of?

otherwise i'd think its rather easy to survive out there with technology, in fact comfortable and fun. give me a tent, fire starter, grill, bottles of water/hydration backpack, rifle, etc. and i'd think i could first time it pretty easy.....but who knows never tried

altho i agree without a tent to keep the bugs out trying to sleep the insects would drive me nuts. they'd be the reason i'd pack up and go home. well the cold too but i'd assume u have a sleeping bag.
    Last edited by Godzuki; 08-19-2014 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzuki
    are you really 'man'ing' it out tho? like make your own fire, no tent, hunting game, etc. or any variation there of?

otherwise i'd think its rather easy to survive out there with technology, in fact comfortable and fun. give me a tent, fire starter, grill, bottles of water/hydration backpack, rifle, etc. and i'd think i could first time it pretty easy.....but who knows never tried

altho i agree without a tent to keep the bugs out trying to sleep the insects would drive me nuts. they'd be the reason i'd pack up and go home. well the cold too but i'd assume u have a sleeping bag.
    In the summer I can stay 24 hours in the woods with nothing but my camelback with zero discomfort. Wouldn't need a fire or to hunt for food for that short of a span nor a shelter outside the space blanket in my camelback. I carry a poncho if it rains. Always have about 800 calories in snacks packed. I'd do it with no trace left where I stayed, so no fire. Wouldn't want to give my spot away.

In spring or fall or winter things change a lot in Ohio, I could still manage but the fact that you can be seen through the trees easier, the temperatures, and if there is snow - the footprints would all complicate the scenario. But from the movie, looks like purge day was in the middle of the summer. It'd be easy as shit to disappear into the wilderness undetected if that was the case.

BTW, under a non-purge scenario I usually camp backbacking style, 3 days 2 nights, carry everything on your back and hike from destination to destination. That includes with my tent, clothes/tools/etc and food and water/water purification filter. A lot of times for food I take MRE's (military rations, ready to eat). I never hunt for food when I camp, I don't hunt. And for camping it isn't necessary nor can you usually hunt in park systems. I suppose I could fish but I don't bother with MRE's being so convenient. Camping, being outdoors, etc is 2nd nature to me just something I've done all my life, I remember when I was a like 8 years old me and my friends would camp out in tents in the woods in sub zero temperatures with 2 feet of snow on the ground instead of just having a regular sleepover. It was more fun.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 08-19-2014 at 02:05 PM.

Hell no. I would throw a boat party far out in the ocean where nobody could **** with me.

Nah, I'd take the opportunity to do stuff I'd never have the balls to do otherwise. Like running naked down the streets of Englewood screaming 'ni[COLOR="Black"]g[/COLOR]ger', slapping everyone's drinks off their tables at Starbucks, pooping in mailboxes, going into a random person's house and destroying everything with a sledgehammer, etc.

I'd rather die having marginally fu[COLOR="Black"]c[/COLOR]ked shit up before my death, than live in a constant state of shitting myself in fear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Hell no. I would throw a boat party far out in the ocean where nobody could **** with me.
    Yeah I don't have those same kind of resources but basically the same strategy - get away from people. Best course of action IMO. Staying couped up in your home would be a mistake in my opinion no matter how boarded up you make it. It's easy to break into a home. It's not easy to find someone who traveled somewhere isolated and didn't tell anyone where they went.

I'd just move to Canada. The benefits of The Purge are unrealistic anyways

shhhhhhh

Shitting in the woods is probably the most annoying part. Especially if it's raining or some horse flies find you mid-squat. But If you can shit in the woods you can live in the woods as far as I'm concerned. It's better than being killed in the purge
    You ain't lived until a deer fly bites you on your ass...