Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Remember when Lebron missed the playoffs despite having an All-Star Center?

The year was 2005 - Zydrunas Illgauskas had just made his 2nd All-Star game and was considered one of the best post presences in the entire league (17/9 with 2.1 blk).

But despite having an all-star on his team, Lebron missed the playoffs in the weakest conference of all time.

For Lebron to finally make the playoffs in 2006, he needed the Cavs to add the NBA's steals leader and 1st Team All-NBA defender Larry Hughes, as well as Donyell Marshall.

Btw, in 2005, Lebron averaged 27 ppg on 56% TS under the new hands-off defensive rules and paint-camping ban, which was a considerable increase over the previous season under the old rules.

Default Re: Remember when Lebron missed the playoffs despite having an All-Star Center?

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    The year was 2005 - Zydrunas Illgauskas had just made his 2nd All-Star game and was considered one of the best post presences in the entire league (17/9 with 2.1 blk).

But despite having an all-star on his team, Lebron missed the playoffs in the weakest conference of all time.

For Lebron to finally make the playoffs in 2006, he needed the Cavs to add the NBA's steals leader and 1st Team All-NBA defender Larry Hughes, as well as Donyell Marshall.

Btw, in 2005, Lebron averaged 27 ppg on 56% TS under the new hands-off defensive rules and paint-camping ban, which was a considerable increase over the previous season under the old rules.
    Try too hard you do.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Default Re: Remember when Lebron missed the playoffs despite having an All-Star Center?

we all know that Lebron ball sabotages big men on his team, Big z, shaq, chris bosh, kevin love etc.

the WHITE side

King f*cking James has completely mindf*cked the shit out of the poor little fella.

Quote Originally Posted by KendrickPerkins
    King f*cking James has completely mindf*cked the shit out of the poor little fella.

This is what you like to believe.

But in reality, repeating over and over how much better MJ was, is the funnest form of stanning and being a fan

Otoh, you guys coming on here and getting mad and making anger posts is where the mind****ing comes in.. As in me ****ing you

National High School Star

But in reality, repeating over and over how much better MJ was, is the funnest form of stanning and being a fan

Otoh, you guys coming on here and getting mad and making anger posts is where the mind****ing comes in.. As in me ****ing you
    You lose every time you debate...

It's just your confirmation bias prevents you from realizing it

Quote Originally Posted by Kvnzhangyay
    You lose every time you debate...

It's just your confirmation bias prevents you from realizing it

But in reality, creatively demonstrating the significant magnitude of MJ's superiority is the funnest, most intelligent and best form of stanning and being a fan

Otoh, you guys coming on here and making irrelevant posts and getting mad means you lose..

Whereas I stick to the only thing I care about (showing how much better MJ was), while you guys come on here and comment about me, or say how mad you are, or some other BS.

The OP has actually changed my mind. After seeing post after post of his on this forum, I'm now pro-abortion.

Remember when MJ made the playoffs with 30 wins

But in reality, creatively demonstrating the significant magnitude of MJ's superiority is the funnest, most intelligent and best form of stanning and being a fan

Otoh, you guys coming on here and making irrelevant posts and getting mad means you lose..

Whereas I stick to the only thing I care about (showing how much better MJ was), while you guys come on here and comment about me, or say how mad you are, or some other BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Rocketswin2013
    The OP has actually changed my mind. After seeing post after post of his on this forum, I'm now pro-abortion.
    No need for such extremes.

No need to lose your shit about Lebron missing the playoffs despite playing with a 17/9 all-star center who blocked 2.1 shots per game.

Of course, knowledgeable and experienced basketball minds will correctly eliminate him from Top 20 consideration based on this - I don't think another top 20 player ever missed the playoffs while having an all-star teammate.. I could be wrong on that..

But it just seems so horrible to miss the playoffs while having an all-star 17/9/2 big man... Really, really bad

No need for such extremes.

No need to lose your shit about Lebron missing the playoffs despite playing with a 17/9 all-star center who blocked 2.1 shots per game.

Of course, knowledgeable and experienced basketball minds will correctly eliminate him from Top 20 consideration based on this - I don't think another top 20 player ever missed the playoffs while having an all-star teammate.. I could be wrong on that..

But it just seems so horrible to miss the playoffs while having an all-star 17/9/2 big man... Really, really bad
    What you just typed was more extreme than what I did tbh .

BTW Jordan had a losing record in his second year and was outplayed by Moncrief in the first round.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL

charts showing Bulls made playoffs in 1986 while winning 30 games
    Statistical anomaly... They happen.. The Bulls had the 8th best record in literally the toughest conference of all time - that's all that matters.

Btw, if we were talking about any other era - like say the 90's - I'd just say 90's eastern conference > today's eastern conference.... but that doesn't do the 80's justice.

The 1980's eastern conference is widely known as the toughest conference of all time.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Worst poster on ISH
    A 20 year old lebron james carried them to a 42-40 record on 27 7.5 and 7 on 47% fg.
    Outside of big z(who couldnt play much defense on the outside) his 2nd option was jeff mcinnis and drew gooden lmfao.
    You always bring up some stupid shit but dont acknowledge that the bulls made the playoffs with 30 wins or that mj was 1-9 before pippen.
    Seriously im considering getting you IP banned b/c your posts have gotten stale.