Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: Durant says Anthony Davis is next in line for MVP

Comments like this make it hard for me to decide who to keep for my fantasy team. I'm in a keeper league where you can keep 2 players. I have Durant, CP3, and AD. Durant I'm keeping for sure. CP3 has been consistent and tends to be healthy at the end of the seasons when the winner is decided, so I'm leaning towards him, but I'm afraid AD will be a monster that I will regret not choosing.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamwarrior
    Isn't he a Center now? He is going to be an elite Center next year, but he doesn't have the drive to be great.
    Even if he didn't he now has after being praised by the reigning MVP. Durant spreading his competitive spirit in the league, he welcomes challenge.

NBA All-star

20/10?

he's still got a few years of being underappreciated to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Comments like this make it hard for me to decide who to keep for my fantasy team. I'm in a keeper league where you can keep 2 players. I have Durant, CP3, and AD. Durant I'm keeping for sure. CP3 has been consistent and tends to be healthy at the end of the seasons when the winner is decided, so I'm leaning towards him, but I'm afraid AD will be a monster that I will regret not choosing.
    that is tough. is it a dynasty league? AD all the way in that case. he has youth on his side. cp3 might be the 'safer' pick but AD has the better floor imo. he's gained about 15 lbs of muscle this offseason and working on his corner 3's. he'll put up 21/10 with 2.5+ blocks and 1+ steal. if he sprinkles in 3's? holy crap, enjoy that fantasy gold. if you keep those two, just get a heavy assist/steal PG...someone like lawson.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 08-01-2014 at 04:22 AM.

AD over CP3, Pelicans will have to produce from day one to the end, LAC not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    AD over CP3, Pelicans will have to produce from day one to the end, LAC not so much.
    My main fear with taking AD is if the Pelicans rest him in the final weeks if Pelicans are eliminated from the playoffs. The final 4 weeks of the regular NBA season is the fantasy playoffs. CP3 will be battling for seeding nearly guaranteed.

yes he is. thats why i dont understand people underestimating New Orleans. They have a strong team. I see them higher than Mavs or Grizzlies.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    that is tough. is it a dynasty league? AD all the way in that case. he has youth on his side. cp3 might be the 'safer' pick but AD has the better floor imo. he's gained about 15 lbs of muscle this offseason and working on his corner 3's. he'll put up 21/10 with 2.5+ blocks and 1+ steal. if he sprinkles in 3's? holy crap, enjoy that fantasy gold. if you keep those two, just get a heavy assist/steal PG...someone like lawson.
    It is my 3rd season with the same people, but it is the 1st time that we can keep a couple players instead of starting the draft completely over (I fear they will start the draft from scratch anyway considering how badly I dominated last season). CP3 was a big reason why I won (scoring, steals, assists, ft%, threes, and not bad rebounding for a PG). Anthony Davis was a guy I picked up at the end when he was foolishly dropped due to injury (I'm not sure if they were desperate or forgot they could keep him for next season). I didn't have Davis for a single game, I just knew I had the season in the bag and didn't want him picked up by another wise fantasy leaguer.

He's right, though it doesn't exactly take a genius to see it.

Again, if Pelicans aren't in playoff contention in the final weeks, they could shut AD down at that most vital time of my season, which could screw me completely. Beginning and middle are almost pointless if the rest of my season is similar to last season.

I wish I could keep 3.

My main fear with taking AD is if the Pelicans rest him in the final weeks if Pelicans are eliminated from the playoffs. The final 4 weeks of the regular NBA season is the fantasy playoffs. CP3 will be battling for seeding nearly guaranteed.
    NO will be competing for a low spot PO when fantasy playoffs are on. LAC will have #3 locked up by that time IMO.

NO will be competing for a low spot PO when fantasy playoffs are on. LAC will have #3 locked up by that time IMO.
    Even if LAC is locked at #3, they wouldn't rest CP3 more than a couple games like other championship contenders. IF Pelicans aren't competing for a low spot, I could get f*cked. That really is the biggest reason I'm 90% on staying with CP3. Davis sitting at the end of last season screwed the 2nd best fantasy team from even advancing to face me.

Even if LAC is locked at #3, they wouldn't rest CP3 more than a couple games like other championship contenders. IF Pelicans aren't competing for a low spot, I could get f*cked. That really is the biggest reason I'm 90% on staying with CP3. Davis sitting at the end of last season screwed the 2nd best fantasy team from even advancing to face me.
    davis sat more out of injury reasons than team record. pels didn't want to re-aggrevate his back spasms.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    davis sat more out of injury reasons than team record. pels didn't want to re-aggrevate his back spasms.
    Right, teams are more likely to play it safe with nagging injuries if they are eliminated from the playoffs. If the Pelicans were in contention, I'm thinking he would have sat much less.

Why are you talking about last season?