Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: ISH: Where MJ and Shaq allegedly had a higher peak than Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    You just don't get it
    I do get it, your constantly baiting for Jlauber. I get it.

Default Re: ISH: Where MJ and Shaq allegedly had a higher peak than Wilt Chamberlain

CavsFTW, what years are you considering Wilt's peak ?

Wilt is lacking in one of those.
    Even so, his lone 2 rings are 2 of the greatest teams of all-time and can surely compete with any of MJ's teams.

I do have Jordan over Wilt, but not exactly the titles reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    CavsFTW, what years are you considering Wilt's peak ?

Even so, his lone 2 rings are 2 of the greatest teams of all-time and can surely compete with any of MJ's teams.

I do have Jordan over Wilt, but not exactly the titles reason.
    2 seasons are Wilt's "peak(s)"

1962 when coach Mcguire gave Wilt a greenlight on offense and told the team to feed him and told Wilt to try and get 50 a night... Wilt does it - on insane minutes - yadda yadda yadda

1967 when Alex Hannum has Wilt focus on facilitating and only taking high % shots. Scores over 20 a game on .680%, plays insane defense (his defense is phenomenal at this point), and he is #3 or something in assists (and unlike the season after these assists came within the flow of the game, they weren't forced due to Wilt chasing an accolade). Wins a ring on an all-time historically great team. Almost avgs a triple double in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    So Mikan faced off against Bill Russell and Walt Bellamy in his peak? GTFOH Your always trying to convince people that Wilt played in an era identical to the late 40's and early 50's but everybody and their mother these days knows Wilt faced against Kareem Abdul Jabbar and dozens of other bigmen that would shred big men in the post today. I'm not Jlauber, I'm not gonna slap an essay in your face - I'll just post footage instead, it's more concrete - u can't try to sway people Wilt faced Mikan'esq opponents when he's clearly duking it out with Kareem or Russell
    He faced Kareem for the first time in 1969.
    Wilt first played in NBA game in 1959.
    Mikan won an NBA Title in 1954.

So he did not "duke it out" with Kareem for the 9/13 seasons.

List of players over 7 foot, 230 pounds in Wilt's time
    Mel Counts - 7'0", 230 lbs
    Swede Halbrook - 7'3" 235 lbs (played only 2 seasons)

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=252158

Wilt was 7'1, 275-300 pounds. Those are facts.

Your missing a couple dozen players

Wilt Chamberlain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xr3i9jpiTE

George Mikan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xEoCsDKXPo

What's the difference?

Your missing a couple dozen players
    No I'm not. 1 player in from 1959-1973 that played over 3 seasons was 7'0", 230 pounds.

Wilt Chamberlain - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xr3i9jpiTE

George Mikan - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xEoCsDKXPo

What's the difference?
    Mikan to Wilt is about the same as Bob Cousy to Michael Jordan. C'mon man your just asking for Jlauber to come in here and nuke the thread.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Wilt Chamberlain, clowning a bunch of 6'9 Dwight Howard clones since 1959.

2 seasons are Wilt's "peak(s)"

1962 when coach Mcguire gave Wilt a greenlight on offense and told the team to feed him and told Wilt to try and get 50 a night... Wilt does it - on insane minutes - yadda yadda yadda

1967 when Alex Hannum has Wilt focus on facilitating and only taking high % shots. Scores over 20 a game on .680%, plays insane defense (his defense is phenomenal at this point), and he is #3 or something in assists (and unlike the season after these assists came within the flow of the game, they weren't forced due to Wilt chasing an accolade). Wins a ring on an all-time historically great team. Almost avgs a triple double in the playoffs.
    Yeah, that would be mine too.

Wilt 67 was probably the best version of Wilt to me.

What's the difference?
    That Wilt's highlights were way better.

Mikan to Wilt is about the same as Bob Cousy to Michael Jordan. C'mon man your just asking for Jlauber to come in here and nuke the thread.
    No it isn't. Mikan won a Championship in 1954. Wilt played in an NBA game in 1959.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    That Wilt's highlights were way better.
    It isn't what Wilt was doing, it was the defense. The defenses looks the same.

No I'm not. 1 player in from 1959-1973 that played over 3 seasons was 7'0", 230 pounds.
    Sry, I'm not writing an essay for you on the sizes of players from Wilt's time vs the sizes of players from today because I have a life. But the gist will come out like this:

Players from Wilt's time were as tall as players today. Literally, no measurable differences in height at all - trends from that time vs today have changed as far as how players get listed, thus it is an illusion only on paper that players back then weren't as tall (they didn't like to exaggerate, they didn't measure in shoes), or not as heavy as reality (they never updated their list weight after the NCAA). Players on avg did weigh less in Wilt's time than they do today but not nearly as much as anyone would think. This includes Wilt himself - his list info as well as everyone elses is misleading. And the disparity between the weight of Wilt and his competition is if anything - less than the disparity between the weight of say, Shaq and his competition. So if your gonna asterisk Wilt, might as well make a bigger asterisk for Shaq.

Examples:

Thurmond 232-245 - same height w/o shoes as Tyson Chandler
    Embry 245-270 - same height w/o shoes as Tristan Thompson
    Kareem 230-237 - same height w/o shoes as Zydrunas Ilgauskus
    Russell 215-240 - same height w/o shoes as Andre Drummond
    Unseld 245-265 - same height w/o shoes as Ben Wallace
    Bellamy 240-265 - same height w/o shoes as Joakim Noah
    Reed 240-250 - same height w/o shoes as Andre Drummond
    Lanier 265-290 - same height w/o shoes as Tyson Chandler
    Boerwinkle 265-275 - same height w/o shoes as Andrew Bynum

discussion over
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 09-09-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Sry, I'm not writing an essay for you on the sizes of players from Wilt's time vs the sizes of players from today because I have a life. But the gist will come out like this:

Players from Wilt's time were as tall as players today. Literally, no measurable differences in height at all - trends from that time vs today have changed as far as how players get listed, thus it is an illusion only on paper that players back then weren't as tall (they didn't like to exaggerate, they didn't measure in shoes), or not as heavy as reality (they never updated their list weight after the NCAA). Players on avg did weigh less in Wilt's time than they do today but not nearly as much as anyone would think. This includes Wilt himself - his list info as well as everyone elses is misleading. And the disparity between the weight of Wilt and his competition is if anything - less than the disparity between the weight of say, Shaq and his competition. So if your gonna asterisk Wilt, might as well make a bigger asterisk for Shaq.

Examples:

Thurmond 232-245 - same height w/o shoes as Tyson Chandler
    Embry 245-270 - same height w/o shoes as Tristan Thompson
    Kareem 230-237 - same height w/o shoes as Zydrunas Ilgauskus
    Russell 215-240 - same height w/o shoes as Andre Drummond
    Unseld 245-265 - same height w/o shoes as Ben Wallace
    Bellamy 240-265 - same height w/o shoes as Joakim Noah
    Reed 240-250 - same height w/o shoes as Andre Drummond
    Lanier 265-290 - same height w/o shoes as Tyson Chandler
    Boerwinkle 265-275 - same height w/o shoes as Andrew Bynum

discussion over
    Yeah, right. Check the vids, the tape, pics, whatever you want, and you'll see that they are not near Wilt. Except Kareem whom Wilt did not play from 1959-1968, his prime and when he put up his numbers.