Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Durant is 37 points behind Kobe now...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    Durant needs to score 44 to average 28/game. Thing is though, he doesn't need to average 28 to be above Kobe. Kobe is averaging exactly 27.865. Durant would technically only need to average just above that (27.88 with 38) to be above Kobe, even though it wouldn't show up on NBA.com just because they only use one decimal place. In reality though, his scoring average would be higher.
    Now you have me doing math.

Well at the time that this thread was started Kobe was averaging 28.19607

So Durant would to tie him would have needed 28.1907 x 52 = 1,465.9164 - 1,412 = 53.91 points yesterday to tie him.

The whole thing is giving me a headache. But yeah, I originally did the calculations including Kobe's game last night. But taking that game out, it turns out that Durant needed to score 54 points.

Ok, so far they have both played the same ammount of games, as right now. Kobe has 1,449 and Durant has 1,438. So Durant needs to out score Kobe by 11 points in their next games.
    Last edited by jstern; 04-01-2012 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jstern
    Now you have me doing math.

Well at the time that this thread was started Kobe was averaging 28.19607

So Durant would to tie him would have needed 28.1907 x 52 = 1,465.9164 - 1,412 = 53.91 points yesterday to tie him.

The whole thing is giving me a headache. But yeah, I originally did the calculations including Kobe's game last night. But taking that game out, it turns out that Durant needed to score 54 points.

Ok, so far they have both played the same ammount of games, as right now. Kobe has 1,449 and Durant has 1,438. So Durant needs to out score Kobe by 11 points in their next games.
    No, it was made after Kobe's game (hence saying "and one game less than him") so you'd have to include Kobe's 3-21 game in there after which his average was 27.9 (or 27.865). His math was correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3
    No, it was made after Kobe's game (hence saying "and one game less than him") so you'd have to include Kobe's 3-21 game in there after which his average was 27.9 (or 27.865). His math was correct.
    The original post has the time of 4:32pm my time, and the Laker's game was schedule for 3:30pm my time. But yeah, if it was started before the game, than 37 simply to technically pass Kobe.

Quote Originally Posted by Cangri
    Durant will most likely end up surpassing Kobe, unless Kobe stops playing like complete sht and has some 40 pts games like earlier in the season.
    40 so far tonight.

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

Not going to happen because we keep blowing teams out and he sits the whole 4th

Quote Originally Posted by Westbrook0
    People like you are one of my biggest internet pet peeves.

"Let's only discuss things AFTER they actually happen. There's no point trying to speculate what COULD happen."

So in your opinion, we shouldn't try to speculate on which teams will be in the Finals or which team has a good chance to win it all.

Let's make a topic when they actually win it all, right? Not when they simply look like they could.

That's kind of the whole point of a sports message board and talking sports in general, buddy. Talking about what is happening or could happen in those sports.
    I understand that but this isn't a thread about who has had the better career, who has the best chance at winning a ring this year, no this is a thread about how many points Durant needed to tie Kobe in ppg and games this yr . Which imo is a stat that doesn't really matter. Once he does it, fine make the thread since it would have a legit discussion. But I'm not going to say anything else otherwise. There's more things that can be talked about this yr and this isn't really one of them.

You can talk about a team's chances at a title but don't name it "Thunder need 16 more wins till title". Just name it "Thunder's chances at winning title".
    Last edited by alanLA92; 04-02-2012 at 12:45 AM.

Kobe : 28 FGA
    Durant : 16 FGA

Last night. Almost twice as many shots. It will be interesting race between two though.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman91
    Kobe : 28 FGA
    Durant : 16 FGA

Last night. Almost twice as many shots. It will be interesting race between two though.
    kobe shoot 28 for the first time in a long time, and it had to do with bynum out with injury also he shoot 57%.

Saw a basketball once

kobe>