Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default ISH: Where MJ and Shaq allegedly had a higher peak than Wilt Chamberlain

Sry kids, but.... no.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTSOHMtPvz8

No matter what way you try to slice it those guys peaks do not in any way shape or form touch Wilt's. Prime? Perhaps it's debatable due to rings if they are that important to you. But actual individual peak performance? GTFOH the guy owns the record book and nobody has ever even come close to rewriting it. Seriously some of these poll results are flat out embarrassing.

Default Re: ISH: Where MJ and Shaq allegedly had a higher peak than Wilt Chamberlain

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Default Re: ISH: Where MJ and Shaq allegedly had a higher peak than Wilt Chamberlain

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW

Sry kids, but.... no.

No matter what way you try to slice it those guys peaks do not in any way shape or form touch Wilt's. Prime? Perhaps it's debatable due to rings if they are that important to you. But actual individual peak performance? GTFOH the guy owns the record book and nobody has ever even come close to rewriting it. Seriously some of these poll results are flat out embarrassing.

I'd love to see this guy play in today's NBA

Sry kids, but.... no.

when are you putting up some Russell highlight videos? love your work, you must unearth the GOAT

Quote Originally Posted by fpliii
    when are you putting up some Russell highlight videos? love your work, you must unearth the GOAT
    His project is taking a while, it's gotta be done right but in due time I will start to upload some roughcuts

o()xxx[{::::::::::::> SourPatchKids's Avatar

Damn. There's probably very few sports I could beat him at.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow

Deuce you can laugh about it (and dislike my youtube video's - i know that was u lol) all you want but there really is no argument here. In terms of "peak" the summit that Wilt built and the disparity between it and the next best is massive.

Banned

There is a reason Jordan is considered the best player ever lol. There is nothing silly about saying Jordan had a better peak then Wilt.

You got a Chet Walker video?

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    There is a reason Jordan is considered the best player ever lol. There is nothing silly about saying Jordan had a better peak then Wilt.
    to be fair, this is about 'peak' not career. What makes MJ GOAT is his combination of individual achievement, skill and titles.

Wilt is lacking in one of those.

Deuce you can laugh about it (and dislike my youtube video's - i know that was u lol) all you want but there really is no argument here. In terms of "peak" the summit that Wilt built and the disparity between it and the next best is massive.
    I did not dislike any of your videos, lol
    But like I said before - competition and era, repeat after me - competition and era.

George Mikan had a higher peak than everybody. 5 Championships in 6 years! All while being the best player in the league. That is the same defense Wilt faced essentially.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    to be fair, this is about 'peak' not career. What makes MJ GOAT is his combination of individual achievement, skill and titles.

Wilt is lacking in one of those.
    So? Peak vs Peak Jordan and Wilt are really neck and neck to me. Jordan in his peak season lead the league in scoring at 33 points, while shooting 60 TS%, averaged 8 assists, got 8 rebounds, and played at a DPOTY level (which he had just come off of) Wilt was great, and I think he's right there, as I said, but 24-24-8 as the best defender with 64 TS% in a much faster pace is really not on any sort of different level at all. They're the two most amazing seasons ever too me, but I don't know what you could think there is that really separates them much.

Quote Originally Posted by magnax1
    http://youtu.be/XNRo6RJNq6s

It is silly actually.

http://youtu.be/XNRo6RJNq6s

It is silly actually.
    You just don't get it

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    I did not dislike any of your videos, lol
    But like I said before - competition and era, repeat after me - competition and era.

George Mikan had a higher peak than everybody. 5 Championships in 6 years! All while being the best player in the league. That is the same defense Wilt faced essentially.
    So Mikan faced off against Bill Russell and Walt Bellamy in his peak? GTFOH Your always trying to convince people that Wilt played in an era identical to the late 40's and early 50's but everybody and their mother these days knows Wilt faced against Kareem Abdul Jabbar and dozens of other bigmen that would shred big men in the post today. I'm not Jlauber, I'm not gonna slap an essay in your face - I'll just post footage instead, it's more concrete - u can't try to sway people Wilt faced Mikan'esq opponents when he's clearly duking it out with Kareem or Russell