Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Players whose Legacies Drastically Dropped after 2018-19 NBA Season

Russell Westbrook been taking L's since 2016. Hell, even before that.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    You're not following.

Give or take means that Lebron is still a top 10 player. Top 3-5 if you want to argue it.

Right now? As in heading into 2019-2020?

You got lists with Lebron outside of the top 5. Peep backpicks. To me? He's still Top 5. Arguably Top 3.
    And who else? Heck, even Curry said that LeBron's top 5 like 2 months ago.

BTW, which backpicks article are you talking about?

That's why I mentioned Laker losses post injury.

LA dropped winnable games against bad teams. While competing for an 8th seed.
    They did. A lot of that has to do with inconsistent lineups and players who were playing while being hindered by injuries.

Oh, and after LeBron came back, the Lakers were missing Ball, Ingram didn't play since the beginning of March, Kuzma missed time, Hart missed time, Kuzma missed a couple of game, Bullock was inserted into the starting lineup, etc..

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    The fact of the matter is, the Lakers were in the hunt for the 8th seed when LeBron activated playoff mode and then they proceeded to go 2-13 in the next 15 games with him in the lineup. Exposed point blank.
    Can you please post that stretch, fish seller?

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    And who else? Heck, even Curry said that LeBron's top 5 like 2 months ago.

BTW, which backpicks article are you talking about?
    2019 player rankings dude. As in SINGLE season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93zief7g2Jk

His stock fell off a bit. Age plays a factor but so did missing the playoffs. Again, to me, Lebron is still a top 3-5 player RIGHT NOW.

6 is underrating him.

I wouldn’t say lebrons stock fell of legacy wise, just wasn’t quite as good as last few yrs and ofc injury will affect some rankings. It’s just extra padding for his career resume(it’s not insignificant a top 10 yr will help career wise), he’s give or take top 3 all time still. Like backpicks thought bron had a down year but also thinks bron is 2nd all time behind Kareem with a good chance at passing him because a 15 year prime is so much value.

A ring would help ofc but it could come as a 2nd guy to ad so like Kareem 85. That’s not legacy altering either. I think next yr is his last yr he could be true mvp lvl but I could be wrong

I have Kawhi and Durant as the best players on the planet followed by a small gap and then Giannis. The rest of the top 6 (Lebron, Harden, Steph) are almost at the same level in my opinion. There isnt much between them.

2019 player rankings dude. As in SINGLE season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93zief7g2Jk

His stock fell off a bit. Age plays a factor but so did missing the playoffs. Again, to me, Lebron is still a top 3-5 player RIGHT NOW.

6 is underrating him.
    Damn. My bad. I thought you were talking about All-Time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    I have Kawhi and Durant as the best players on the planet followed by a small gap and then Giannis. The rest of the top 6 (Lebron, Harden, Steph) are almost at the same level in my opinion. There isnt much between them.
    Man, I was really high on Giannis and Curry, but the PO's were just terrible for them. Giannis is still extremely young, but dude was ridiculously passive in the 4 straight losses in the ECF. Curry flat out choked in the Finals. I mean, even without KD and Klay, the Warriors were still withing striking distance, but Curry was just bad.

Right now, I would rank them:

1. Kawhi (even though dude was invisible in the 4th Q of G6 and his team was elite despite him playing subpar in G1).

2. Giannis

3. Jokic

4. KD/LeBron

5. KD/LeBron

Damn. My bad. I thought you were talking about All-Time.

Man, I was really high on Giannis and Curry, but the PO's were just terrible for them. Giannis is still extremely young, but dude was ridiculously passive in the 4 straight losses in the ECF. Curry flat out choked in the Finals. I mean, even without KD and Klay, the Warriors were still withing striking distance, but Curry was just bad.

Right now, I would rank them:

1. Kawhi (even though dude was invisible in the 4th Q of G6 and his team was elite despite him playing subpar in G1).

2. Giannis

3. Jokic

4. KD/LeBron

5. KD/LeBron
    i think curry was fine. Maybe enough to drop him behind kawhi but he seems to be clearly top 5. had a bad shooting series but because he shoots so many 3's and got to the ft line more than usual, still put up like 60ts%. Still opened things up for teammates. Some layups and plenty of wide open 3's. unfortunately for the warriors dray and iggy werent very good this series.

Like the warriors still put up a rortg of 2.9 tht's not that bad(rs was a rortg of 5.5 compared to league average but with durant). The Rs numbers also undersell the raps defense some however, they obviously turned it up once they got gasol. I think backpicks calculated they're the 2nd greatest playoff defense adjusted for era after the 04 pistons.

GS' problem big picture wise was their shitty defense, granted some of that Currys fault. He did miss a great opportunity game 6 however to force it to 7. not a good game so many people who weigh that heavily will dock him, I dont really however.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    i think curry was fine. Maybe enough to drop him behind kawhi but he seems to be clearly top 5. had a bad shooting series but because he shoots so many 3's and got to the ft line more than usual, still put up like 60ts%. Still opened things up for teammates. Some layups and plenty of wide open 3's. unfortunately for the warriors dray and iggy werent very good this series.
    Green was pretty good in the Finals. Did what was asked of him. 13/11/9/2/1. You can't expect someone like him to score 20 a night.

Iggy is like 40 years old and was HUGE in G6. Gave Curry the help he needed and then some more.

The Warriors outside Curry shot 53% from the field and 40% from deep. Dude was just horrific in that game. Right now, he's definitely not better than Giannis and Kawhi. The rest are arguable, I guess. Also, if it's the PO's, I'd pick LeBron 10/10 over Curry even right now.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAGOAT
    GS' problem big picture wise was their shitty defense, granted some of that Currys fault. He did miss a great opportunity game 6 however to force it to 7. not a good game so many people who weigh that heavily will dock him, I dont really however.
    Dude was god awful. LeBron gets made fun of for a couple of mistakes a game on the defensive end. Curry makes LeBron look like prime Hakeem.

Green was pretty good in the Finals. Did what was asked of him. 13/11/9/2/1. You can't expect someone like him to score 20 a night.

Iggy is like 40 years old and was HUGE in G6. Gave Curry the help he needed and then some more.

The Warriors outside Curry shot 53% from the field and 40% from deep. Dude was just horrific in that game. Right now, he's definitely not better than Giannis and Kawhi. The rest are arguable, I guess. Also, if it's the PO's, I'd pick LeBron 10/10 over Curry even right now.

Dude was god awful. LeBron gets made fun of for a couple of mistakes a game on the defensive end. Curry makes LeBron look like prime Hakeem.
    oh for green and iggy I mean just as 3pt shooters haha. Overall, they did their jobs. Tbf that 40% is carried pretty much by klay but I get your point

Learning to shoot layups

Definitely Curry.

College superstar The Iron Fist's Avatar

The triple double legacy has taken a hit after the last few seasons. Yea it looks nice on the stat sheet but doesn

Quote Originally Posted by Wally450
    Russell Westbrook been taking L's since 2016. Hell, even before that.
    Nah, WB took L's in these past two Playoffs but you can't give him shit for the 2017 season, his team let down down in multiple games against Houston when they blew 8-point leads within a minute of him resting on the bench.

He's fallen off these past two years but 2017 Westbrook was a monster.

Good college starter Charlie Sheen's Avatar

Not a player, but Thibs.