Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Default Re: If you could take back one trade in your team's history, what would it be?

Quote Originally Posted by HylianNightmare
    trading to get hedo BACK after we didn't sign him to that horrible contract
    What about not getting anything in return for Dwight? And not even offloading Hedo in that trade, surely that's worse.

Learning to shoot layups paytonfan's Avatar

Default Re: If you could take back one trade in your team's history, what would it be?

As an OKC fan if we had not rescinded this trade we may have a championship:

OKC got Tyson Chandler (then rescinded it due to concerns about his knees)
    Hornets would have received - Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox & DeVon Hardin

Picture this... we would still have Jeff Green as a trading chip and wouldn't have wasted it on Kendrick Perkins.

(if this trade had gone through we may not have James Harden however).

Utryin2getthepipe? SevereUpInHere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by paytonfan
    As an OKC fan if we had not rescinded this trade we may have a championship:

OKC got Tyson Chandler (then rescinded it due to concerns about his knees)
    Hornets would have received - Joe Smith, Chris Wilcox & DeVon Hardin

Picture this... we would still have Jeff Green as a trading chip and wouldn't have wasted it on Kendrick Perkins.

(if this trade had gone through we may not have James Harden however).
    Not to mention Dallas don't win a chip too!

Being a Seattle Sonics fan:

In 1997. Trading away Shawn Kemp and getting Vin Baker in return.

Both of those guys became washed up due to drugs or alcohol.

I never wanted Kemp traded but it's the nature of the business.

But if I were to trade Kemp, I wish the Sonics FO to trade Kemp to the Spurs for their #1 pick.

That #1 pick, the Spurs used it get Tim Duncan in 1997.

Of course the Spurs would've never given away that pick (essentially Duncan).

But as a fan I can dream right?

High School Starter blazerjimmy's Avatar

One horrible Blazer trade was the Miller for Felton trade....I just think we gave up too much - in addition to sending Miller to Denver, we also sent Rudy Fernandez to Dallas, receiving Dallas' 1st round pick that year, but then sending that pick to Denver....on top of that, we sent the draft rights to the Finnish point guard...Patteri Koponen??? to Dallas as well - not 100% certain, but I'm pretty sure he was a former 1st round pick....was initially stoked to be getting Felton because he'd had a good season split between the Knicks and Nuggets, but then he showed up looking like Oliver Miller Jr.....

Of course, there's always the Jermaine ONeal for Dale Davis trade....

Also, Rasheed Wallace HAD to go....and at the time, getting Shareef Abdur Rahim and Theo Rattliff seemed like a good deal....

I think I'll have to go with the Felton trade....Andre Miller was/is an excellent PG, he simply didn't fit in the jacked up "system" we were running in Portland. We should have/could have gotten more for Rudy and the Finnish kid as well I think - at least a draft pick.....

Speaking of our system, I'm convinced that our system destroyed the confidence of one of my favorite college players, Jerryd Bayless - we draft him, don't play him and then trade him to New Orleans and I'm pretty sure he didn't get too many minutes with CP3 on that team - know he was in Toronto for awhile....think he's with Memphis now. We got a future protected 1st round pick from the Hornets.....which we sent to Charlotte in the Gerald Wallace deal, we then sent Wallace to New Jersey for their 1st round pick which got us Lillard.....so I guess that kind of worked out for us....

Samurai Swoosh

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    Amen brotha

Also trading Elton Brand for Tyson Chandler
    I'm going to do one even better. It's a trade we were going to make, but didn't.

Exiting the 2003 season, after a decent campaign from rookie Jay Williams, and a rejuvenated year coming off ACL surgey, Jamal Crawford was showing great promise.

We weren't going to keep both obviously, and we sat on both too long. Jay Williams got in his motor cycle accident, and we could've shipped him or Jamal Crawford earlier to move up just one spot in the 2004 draft where we would've acquired home town boy, Dwyane Wade.

Imagining a post 2008 D-Rose / D-Wade Chicago Bulls backcourt.

Peter Holt is so cheap that he trades away a talent like Scola just to get rid of Jackie Butler contract. Would have been a perfect fit beside Duncan instead of an ANCIENT McDyess, the choker Bonner and the undersized Blair - able to cover the Dirks, Odoms, mobile PFs in the West.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chips93
    we sign 'n' traded bron to miami for a seconder rounder

if we could undo that one, that would be swell

what where they gonna do anyways?

As another poster mentioned the cavs really haven't made any questionable trades in recent years. People wanna jump on the shaq trade but we gave up post leg-break ben wallace for him. I wasn't thrilled with Hickson for Omri and a super protected pick, but they had just drafted thompson and the thought was that Omri wasn't going to have his worst season ever. Anyways Omri had a great summer playing for the israeli team so maybe he'll actually produce this year. Cavs have the luxury of having an owner that doesn't drive money saving trades, the opposite is true.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Chicago trading Aldridge for tyrus thomas

Local High School Star Mr Know It All's Avatar

Nothing can come close to Prime Vince Carter for:

Aaron Williams
    Eric Williams
    Alonzo Mourning (Refused to play)
    1st Round Pick (Joey Graham)
    1st Round Pick (Traded)

Ushered in the end of the Babcock era and the beginning of the Colangelo era.

Oh wait....

One trade? Minnesota trading Ray Allen for Stephon Marbury in 1996.

NBA rookie of the year

Mark Blount/Ricky Davis trade. Two awful players who helped pave way for a 15 win season in Miami. Also gave up a first round pick in that trade, which ended up being Ty Lawson. The only blemish on Riley's resume as far as trades are concerned.

3-time NBA All-Star

No trade for the Bulls because in an alternate universe we may have never gotten Rose as a result. I definitely wish we didn't sign Boozer.