Default Bulls not looking to trade Deng...At all.

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/12/...mors-luol-deng

I think this decision not to trade him is a terrible mistake. The guy will get some decent offers when he hits free agency, which will mean that we have to either match or let him walk...

We should be exploring as many potential deals as possible, trying to get a hold of a draft pick or two or a young valuable piece.

If we end up paying this guy over 10 mill a year once he hits free agency, I'll be pissed...

I would of thought Rose going down would of made their decision to part ways with Deng easier

Default Re: Bulls not looking to trade Deng...At all.

Wait till February. At the rate the team is losing there's not gonna be a reason to hang onto him.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

This got me mad but honestly I think it is just a smoke-screen.

There is no need for Deng for this year and with him hitting free agency, we can not overpay him. Let him walk, amnesty Boozer and make a move for another stud. Bring over Mirotic and this team looks a lot more attractive for star players.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Wait till February. At the rate the team is losing there's not gonna be a reason to hang onto him.

What worries me is that the management think that they can get a discount on Deng in the offseason. He makes 14 million this year, what are they hoping to pay? Like 11 or 12 a year? That's too much. I like Deng and he has been a model sportsman on and off the court, but he will handicap any progress we can make to being a contender again.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    This got me mad but honestly I think it is just a smoke-screen.

There is no need for Deng for this year and with him hitting free agency, we can not overpay him. Let him walk, amnesty Boozer and make a move for another stud. Bring over Mirotic and this team looks a lot more attractive for star players.

I hope management come to their senses and not sign him out of sentiment. We have so much more flexibility if we trade off deng and get back just picks or scrubs. Sucking this year is the best thing we can do to set up our future well.

Fingers crossed, don't blow this situation Pax we have a great opportunity here to really be in a good position next year.

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    What worries me is that the management think that they can get a discount on Deng in the offseason. He makes 14 million this year, what are they hoping to pay? Like 11 or 12 a year? That's too much. I like Deng and he has been a model sportsman on and off the court, but he will handicap any progress we can make to being a contender again.
    ESPN (grain of salt) is saying that Deng won't take a hometown discount. And I agree with you.

I just hope the organization doesn't feel like they have to give this team another shot because of the injuries.

We need to make moves and this season and this upcoming offseason is the time to do it.

The are rumors that Deng might still be dealt before the trade deadline according to this recent source. I'll believe it when I see it, but interesting anyway.

http://fansided.com/2014/01/04/nba-t...ade-luol-deng/