Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2007, 02:14 AM   #121
Kiddlovesnets
7-time NBA All-Star
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Kidd loves Nets, like always
Posts: 12,584
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

The Celtics have definitely become much stronger this season, an eligible Eastern Conference Champion Competitor, I think.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:22 AM   #122
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.
 
bdreason's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: HB, CA
Posts: 19,702
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

I think KG is the best player in the NBA this season.


I know he has a lot of help, but so does Duncan.



Makes me wonder if KG has been the best player in the NBA for awhile... just stuck on a bad team.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:54 AM   #123
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,703
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darsh
lol.. well i'll be dammed. Camby our leading scorer?

For anyone watching the game, can you tell me if ANY of the nuggets players are at least trying?
Iverson was doing a solid job offensively. And Najera was at least getting pissed off. Otherwise...team-wide "F." The Celtics played well, but I'd say their intensity level was no higher than it was vs. Toronto, a game they barely won. Now, it's true that Pierce playing well and no one being in foul trouble made differences in the outcome, but the bottom line is that Denver as a team did not play with any intensity. If this had happened in Denver the fans would be rightfully demanding refunds. So I actually don't count this game as proof of Celtic greatness, because frankly, there are college teams that would have done better than Denver did last night simply by trying. That effort was abysmal. Someone over there needs to become an emotional leader of some kind and fire guys up. Makes me appreciate Kevin Garnett that much more.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 08:15 AM   #124
MK2V1GP
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 8,115
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdreason
I think KG is the best player in the NBA this season.


I know he has a lot of help, but so does Duncan.



Makes me wonder if KG has been the best player in the NBA for awhile... just stuck on a bad team.

someone finally gets it. he was stuck in minnesota for so long that almost everyhone forgot about him and all they did was criticize him.

i find it funny that bill walton and those other commentators are now all over KG's jock after they have been criticizing him for the past 3 seasons.
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:13 PM   #125
NBA JAM 3021
Can barely lace up my sneakers
 
NBA JAM 3021's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 7
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

Good point bdreason. The one year KG did have a happy and healthy Sam and Spree in Minnesota he took took them all the way to the Western Conference finals. Other than that year he had no one.
NBA JAM 3021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #126
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The Terrordome Team: Nuggets
Posts: 9,911
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

It's so annoying watching the Nuggets on defense. Just their unawareness, lack of effort and lack of common sense half the time. I almost want to cry when they're shooting a high percentage and their offense is clicking... while the same can be said for their opponents. And George Karl pisses me off, too. If they lose their next game or two, they should consider firing him. He makes poor decisions. JR bringing the ball up the court and facilitating, while Iverson is there? JR taking clutch shots over Melo and Iverson? Camby taking a buzzer beating 3 pointer vs the Rockets last year, and he missed it and they went to OT, while Iverson was standing right there? The Nuggets need a defensive minded coach who isn't too obsessed with defense like a Van Gundy.

Hell I don't even know what they need. All I know is they need defensive help. Badly. I cry deep down inside when they're on defense. It's terrible to watch.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 PM   #127
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
It's so annoying watching the Nuggets on defense. Just their unawareness, lack of effort and lack of common sense half the time. I almost want to cry when they're shooting a high percentage and their offense is clicking... while the same can be said for their opponents. And George Karl pisses me off, too. If they lose their next game or two, they should consider firing him. He makes poor decisions. JR bringing the ball up the court and facilitating, while Iverson is there? JR taking clutch shots over Melo and Iverson? Camby taking a buzzer beating 3 pointer vs the Rockets last year, and he missed it and they went to OT, while Iverson was standing right there? The Nuggets need a defensive minded coach who isn't too obsessed with defense like a Van Gundy.

Hell I don't even know what they need. All I know is they need defensive help. Badly. I cry deep down inside when they're on defense. It's terrible to watch.
i'm with you. i was pulling for boston last night, but i like denver, and watching them has been painful. they don't care at all about giving up points. just want to run back down and score again. nobody seems to want to help anybody else at either end except ai and najera, and they are also they only ones who seem excited when somebody else does something good. karl really needs to get a hold of this thing and get his guys focused at both ends, because it has been ugly in the games i've watched.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:49 PM   #128
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.
 
Real Men Wear Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brighton, MA
Posts: 19,703
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

I'm not completely sure that Karl is the problem, but when there are such team-wide issues with defense the coach probably isn't solving anything either. They need to bring in a tough guy pf to pair with the active-but-unintimidating Camby and a defensive stopper on the perimeter if they want to do anything meaning ful in the postseason while Iverson is still around. Or maybe just offer Iverson for some kind of tough big.stopper combo, as he and Anthony don't compliment that well and Anthony is much younger anyhow. I'd offer Smith and Iverson to the Bulls for Hinrich, Joakim Noah, and whoever makes the money match.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 02:50 PM   #129
dejordan
Mars Blackmon Lives!
 
dejordan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 4,322
Default Re: Nuggets @ Celtics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
I'm not completely sure that Karl is the problem, but when there are such team-wide issues with defense the coach probably isn't solving anything either. They need to bring in a tough guy pf to pair with the active-but-unintimidating Camby and a defensive stopper on the perimeter if they want to do anything meaning ful in the postseason while Iverson is still around. Or maybe just offer Iverson for some kind of tough big.stopper combo, as he and Anthony don't compliment that well and Anthony is much younger anyhow. I'd offer Smith and Iverson to the Bulls for Hinrich, Joakim Noah, and whoever makes the money match.
don't think paxson would bite on that. putting gordon and iverson in the backcourt at the same time could lead to a quantum singularity of blackhole syndrom and destroy us all. those are the types of players the team needs though, but it'll need to get some offense back too or they'll be in the same "everybody collapses on melo and none of his teammates can take advantage" position they were in 2 years ago.
dejordan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:38 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy