Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: Bad Boys: 30 for 30 - April 17, 8:00PM (ESPN)

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    That was interesting to me, because he easily could have just stuck to his migraine guns and said, "Don't know why I got a migraine but I did. I wanted nothing more than to be out there but I couldn't see straight and I felt like I was going to die."

I was actually feeling a bit of sympathy for Pippen for a moment because I was thinking people were too hard on him about the migraine thing, because it's an invisible injury and from what I've heard, it's one of the worst experiences of all-time.

But like you said, he seemed to suggest that maybe it wasn't so much about excruciating pain as much as it was not being able to handle the moment. It was somewhat interesting to deconstruct. Why wouldn't he just play the migraine card straight up? Is it somehow honorable for him to hint that there might have been more to it?
    No harm in being honest now. He won 6 rings so his career is fulfilled. If he had never won a ring, maybe he would've stuck exclusively with the migraine card.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

but I couldn't see straight and I felt like I was going to die.
    Pip never said he felt like this.. And obviously if he had felt like this, he wouldn't have played at all.

But the guy played 42 minutes.. 2 pts, 1-10 FG

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Pip never said he felt like this.. And obviously if he had felt like this, he wouldn't have played at all.

But the guy played 42 minutes.. 2 pts, 1-10 FG
    Right, my point was he could have easily blamed everything solely on the migraine if he wanted to by saying something like that. Instead, he came close to hinting that he just wasn't ready for the pressure. The line you quoted was a hypothetical "he could have deflected his failure by saying this" type of thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    No harm in being honest now. He won 6 rings so his career is fulfilled. If he had never won a ring, maybe he would've stuck exclusively with the migraine card.
    Very true.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204

Right, my point was he could have easily blamed everything solely on the migraine if he wanted to by saying something like that.
    No he couldn't have.. No one would have believed him..

He played 42 minutes, which is impossible if someone feels like they're going to die and can't see, as you said.

Also, the line I quoted was not a hypothetical.. Pip was discussing an actual game that he played horribly in, and he was explaining why.. there was no hypothetical.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Easily kill any team in history, even the 2004 Pistons. (probably second best team ever)