Thread: Deng traded

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Deng traded

Deng's going to Cleveland for Andrew Bynum and draft picks.

Going to be weird. Hinrich is the only one left of the Skiles era Bulls team that was built around Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, Nocioni, Chandler and Ben Wallace.

Default Re: Deng traded

The Bulls acquired the right to the Sacramento Kings

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

The picks kind of, well they suck unless Cleveland or Sacramento barely miss the playoffs which I dont see happening anytime soon.

Dont know why we dont try to keep Bynum tho? I mean try trotting him out. Thibs could do wonders for him. Bynum and Noah in the frontcourt? Size and offense/defense.

College superstar

Yeah, if the Bulls waive Bynum I'm not particularly pleased with the trade.
    For one, I really think the Bulls could have gotten more for an expiring all-star glue guy. Seriously.
    Two, Bynum is just the risk we need to take.

...Though if we waive Bynum, I'd also like to see Boozer dealt/amnestied, and just go full-on tank. I'm ok with that.

Could deal Boozer plus all the picks we just acquired for someone, I'm sure.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    The picks kind of, well they suck unless Cleveland or Sacramento barely miss the playoffs which I dont see happening anytime soon.

Dont know why we dont try to keep Bynum tho? I mean try trotting him out. Thibs could do wonders for him. Bynum and Noah in the frontcourt? Size and offense/defense.
    You never pass up a Kings pick! They just keep getting more scorers, and then when they get the guy who would actually fit (Vasquez/Mbah a moute) with those scorers they trade them! Although for some reason it becomes a second rounder if we don't get it in the next two years. Which I really really dislike.

I like the trade, Bynum got waived for financial reasons though. This way the team could be way below the tax even after signing a new vet minimum guy.

More edit: now I'm reading it's the next 4 years.
    Last edited by Rose; 01-08-2014 at 02:53 PM.

No I like the trade. I mean I'm sure someone can come up with a better scenario but this isn't bad. We still have a solid core when healthy, Mirotic coming over and Boozer getting amnestied probably in the off-season, and good few picks for the draft. This is better than overreacting and completely blowing things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Deng's going to Cleveland for Andrew Bynum and draft picks.

Going to be weird. Hinrich is the only one left of the Skiles era Bulls team that was built around Gordon, Hinrich, Deng, Nocioni, Chandler and Ben Wallace.
    I just wonder if this decision is based on their info that Rose is TRULY DONE for this year.
    Before this trade, With Deng, Butler, Booze, Noah and if Rose comes back 8 games before the playoffs, plus a bench of Kirk Gibs, Dunleavy etc, I think they are legit contenders.

Difficult to see Deng go, but it was the right move to make at this point in my opinion.

If true that the Bulls offered him a 3 year $30 million extension and he rejected it then it makes me feel even better about the deal.

I was in favor of bringing him back as long as it was for a reasonable contract. I was thinking in the 8-10 million per season range would be fair for him so if he's looking for more than that then we needed to let him go.

Letting him go saves us a lot of money and gives us a lot of financial flexibility moving forward.

Just hope its true when the organization states it will reinvest the money saved into improving this roster.

We still have a lot of good players. Hopefully Rose returns healthy. Hopefully we can make an impact signing this offseason. Bring over Mirotic and continue to draft wisely and we will maintain ourselves as contenders.