Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: dirks championship run = goat

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Damn that Spurs stan homer logic;

2011 Heat - 3rd best offense and 5th best defense...healthy in playoffs with peak Wade and balling Bosh...absolutely rape two very good to great teams going 8-2 against the Celtics/Bulls in the ECF. Beat the Bulls 4-1 (after losing game 1)...despite Wade playing a subpar series...ROFL

2012 Heat - 8th best offense and 4th best defense...Bosh gets hurt in the playoffs and the Heat go down 3-2 against Boston.

2013 Heat - 2nd best offense and 9th best defense...team was a complete wreck in the playoffs. Wade was something around 70% at best...Bosh was a shell...everyone was in a shooting slump. Squeezed by an average Pacers team in 7...then got lucky to beat an old/ailing/choking Spurs team in 7...by far the worst version of the Heat in the playoffs...not close

So say what you want about Lebron choking and take away credit from my Mavs. I actually agree. That series was very much about Lebron's inability to finish and was about the Mavs (Dirk/Terry) able to close the deal and come through late in close games. Also have to give the Mavs credit for punking Lebron. Nobody else has held Lebron in his prime to a series like that before.

But please Spurs stan homer...stop with propping up a depleted and injured Heat team clearly playing like shit in order to make yourself feel better about your Spurs choke
    2011 has no argument for being the best of the heat era, it's probably the weakest, Wade was in his peak, but the team besides the big 3 was god awful. Now the team besides them could contend for the playoffs. You're trying to overwrite history, revisionist much?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Battier isn't know for his offense or running a team's offense... he's primarily a defensive/hustle player... Have you watched his career or know what makes Battier valuable ?

Here's a great article on Shane Battier with the Heat...

"Shane Battier and the nuances of Basketball"
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/mia...-of-basketball
    Thanks, but the issue is that Battier was also garbage in the playoffs. Hence he only played limited minutes.

His awful shooting really was hurting the Heat...not surprised you would ignore this though.

But yea...I guess Spo just decided to play him significantly less for no reason...

His shooting doesn't matter!

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    Finals only? Only chance Kobe has. Kobe had a poor finals series.

Run vs Run Dirk wins, easy.

Meanwhile Dirk 2011 Finals:

Game 1: 3/5 FG, 6/6 FT, 12 points
    Game 2: 4/7 FG, 0/0 FT, 9 points (Game Winning driving layup with 3 seconds left)
    Game 3: 5/8 FG, 6/6 FT, 17 points
    Game 4: 2/6 FG, 6/6 FT, 10 points (Clutch shot with 15 seconds remaining to give Mavs 3-point lead)
    Game 5: 2/4 FG, 6/6 FT, 10 points
    Game 6: 4/7 FG, 0/0 FG, 8 points
    Totals 20/37 FG, 18/18 FT, 66 points

Kobe don't stand a chance man
    umm Run vs Run..

Kobe 2009 run: 30.2 ppg/5.3rpg/5.5apg 1.7 steals, .9 blocks per game. 46% FG. Ortg: 117 Drtg: 104

Dirk 2011 run: 27.7 ppg/8.1rpg/2.5apg .7 steals, .6 blocks per game 48.5% FG Ortg: 115 Drtg: 105

no chance?

Plus Kobe had a better finals

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    2011 has no argument for being the best of the heat era, it's probably the weakest, Wade was in his peak, but the team besides the big 3 was god awful. Now the team besides them could contend for the playoffs. You're trying to overwrite history, revisionist much?
    They were giving Juwan Howard minutes in the Finals. Guys like Bibby, Arroyo, and Dampier were starters at certain points. LeBron had a crap Finals, no doubt. But people really think that team was the most stacked of the Big 3 era? Their only two good bench players were hurt (Haslam/Miller). Wade isn't as good as he was in 2011, but they have a lot more shooters, play better in the clutch, etc. People got to remember that the 12/13 title runs went longer than they should have because of injury. The 11 team would be dead in the water if they lost Bosh or Wade to extended injury.

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    No, just reality.

Defend your position please.

Why were the 11 Heat playing elite offense and defense? Why were they the most balanced team in terms of offense / defense dominance? Why did they dominate the eastern playoffs?

If it was all the big 3...how did they backdoor sweep the 11 Bulls with Wade playing a subpar series?

The true revisionist history is with you and the other ignorant fans that just lap up whatever ESPN is serving.

But please...bring it on

Very good NBA starter

Eh, Spurs lose, Spurs win. Shit happens. I'm an NBA fan as much as anything and been watching it since as long as I remember. I got nothing against the Mavs but clearly the OP is hyperbole....

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    They were giving Juwan Howard minutes in the Finals. Guys like Bibby, Arroyo, and Dampier were starters at certain points. LeBron had a crap Finals, no doubt. But people really think that team was the most stacked of the Big 3 era? Their only two good bench players were hurt (Haslam/Miller). Wade isn't as good as he was in 2011, but they have a lot more shooters, play better in the clutch, etc. People got to remember that the 12/13 title runs went longer than they should have because of injury. The 11 team would be dead in the water if they lost Bosh or Wade to extended injury.

Yet somehow they beat the Bulls in 5 despite Wade having a subpar series.

The reason the 11 Heat couldn't have overcome a Wade injury was because the competition in 11 was so much better.

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    Eh, Spurs lose, Spurs win. Shit happens. I'm an NBA fan as much as anything and been watching it since as long as I remember. I got nothing against the Mavs but clearly the OP is hyperbole....
    Of course the OP is shit,

but I'm more curious as to why you can't really defend your position. you and others just state things like they are facts...but can't really provide any evidence.

it's always just;

"they weren't deep in 11"..."they added players"..."check out the regular season win totals"

which I've shredded time and time again.

like I said. you don't even have to give the Mavs the credit...i don't really care.

but don't act like that 11 Heat were some flawed team. they weren't. they were the best version of the Heat in the playoffs to date, mainly because of health, and it took a great Mavs performance and epic choke job from Lebron to lose

like, i already showed you that Lebron was essentially playing just as bad in the 13 finals through the first 5.75 games. He was shooting like 7% less from the field and only scoring 3 more points per game.

Lebron was not some transformed player. He lucked out with the Spurs choke and Allen 3. If one ft is made or Allen misses that shot...we are looking at the strength of the 13 Heat far more accurately.

They were hurt and slumping...and really lucked out with weak competition.

Meh. Dirk was lucky to go to the 1 finals where the opposing superstar inexplicably decided not to play. Any team that won the west would have won in 2011. Dirk was in the right place at the right time.