Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: want hops

Quote Originally Posted by littlespyda
    im not stupid. you can say whatever you want but i am still growing. when i started aa i was 4'9.5'' and now im 4'10''. in one of the reviews i looked at online someguy had his 11 year old son do it. i dont think he would have had him do it if it was going to stunt his growth plates or whatever. also on the aa website it says to be 11 and up. guess what!!! im 11 einstein!!! and i havent done 800 burnouts yet and it is just jumping up and down anyway!!!
    No kid, I gave you facts, and your choosing to ignore them. It's your choice to be retarded and ignore science and evidence of putting high stress on undeveloped legs. I didn't say you would stop growing the next day you dumb kid, it would slow it down and then eventually stop in a couple years. You are ****ing 4'9 you little brat, in 3 years if you continue doing this program, you will sotp growing when your 14, and be 5'1. That's your choice to make but your stance on it is extremely ignorant because your Falking 11 years old. It's pretty simple to comprehend so I don't see why you don't get it yet, you WILL damage your growth plates while doing Air Alert, it is too advanced for you, period.

i think your just hating on me because your mad that you probably have a 5 inch vert and i have 16.25".:
    Kid, shut the f*ck up. I've been over this, I have nearly doubled your god damned verticle, it's 30'. Stop attempting to "belittle" me because it isn't working you spoiled punk. thinking about it, 16.25 is an awful vertical, I can't think of anyone of my friends (granted they are mostly black) under a 20' vertical.

Your legs would/will develop naturally and if you excercise your vertica, in turn, will naturally increase your vertical until your finish developing.

Return the program kid, it's wasting your money, time, and your potential.
    Last edited by XxNeXuSxX; 10-29-2006 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by guacomole
    I need some advice, since you seem to know what your talking about. Im 15, 5'5 and 105lbs, but im in a growth spurt witch i get in about every 6 months or so were i grow up to an inch or less. Im am very skinny, my arms are realy skinny but they are pretty long for my height and my hands are as big as my 6"1 dads. I have been lifting for a few months and ive seen a noticible improvement in my upper body strength. My vertical is about 25" inches, and id like too know if i should do a jump program and wich one would be best.
    Hey,

I can tell you first off, there is nothing wrong with weight training when you are still growing as long as you stay away from your 1 rep maxes, because that would be too much stress for your muscles. So other than that, feel free to continue weight training.

Second, if your goal is too gain muscle mass, it's extremely important that you keep your dieting up and eat about 6 small meals a day, getting in your protein, fiber, vitamins, calcium, etc. There is also no harm in buying a Whey protein shake to take after workouts, this will help recovery of the muscles and allow quicker gains with quicker recovery time.

Third, the jump programs. You can always wait out your growth spurt if you are worried about stunting your growth, but at 15, your legs may already be ready to take onm the high stress of plyometrics. If you must buy a program, I would indeed suggest Air Alert IV from their website, it's fairly cheap and it has really quick gains. If you choose Air Alert, I would suggest training your legs with weight lifting too just to prepare your legs.

Good luck.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease littlespyda's Avatar

actually i am 4'10'' and dont get all pissed because i keep talking back. and you never told me you had a 30'' vert so dont say we've been over that stupid hater!!!

actually i am 4'10'' and dont get all pissed because i keep talking back. and you never told me you had a 30'' vert so dont say we've been over that stupid hater!!!
    Is that really all you have to say? I'm a hater? I think I would call myself a "realist" and a "mentor" because I'm trying to help you and your being too ignorant to realize it.

Second, don't say someone else is jealous of a 16 inch vertical again please

Do you want to refute anything I had to say? Or do you finally realize that you are about to f*ck up your life?

i didnt say you were jealous

Learning to shoot layups guacomole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Honestly man, forget the jump program for now. Buy some protein shakes and go hit the weights. Your verts decent already, but you'll never do anything without some size and strength.
    Ok thanks just wondering if it was a good idea.

Learning to shoot layups guacomole's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
    Hey,

I can tell you first off, there is nothing wrong with weight training when you are still growing as long as you stay away from your 1 rep maxes, because that would be too much stress for your muscles. So other than that, feel free to continue weight training.

Second, if your goal is too gain muscle mass, it's extremely important that you keep your dieting up and eat about 6 small meals a day, getting in your protein, fiber, vitamins, calcium, etc. There is also no harm in buying a Whey protein shake to take after workouts, this will help recovery of the muscles and allow quicker gains with quicker recovery time.

Third, the jump programs. You can always wait out your growth spurt if you are worried about stunting your growth, but at 15, your legs may already be ready to take onm the high stress of plyometrics. If you must buy a program, I would indeed suggest Air Alert IV from their website, it's fairly cheap and it has really quick gains. If you choose Air Alert, I would suggest training your legs with weight lifting too just to prepare your legs.

Good luck.
    Didnt know I had to eat so much,. I dont think im going to do the jump program . Thanks for the advice.

NBA rookie of the year IlliniFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Trickz_1
    Ok then im just making sure im doing the thing aswell seing as you lot know what you are talking about.

I'm 14, 5-8, weight = 153lbs. Ive been doing weights around 20-30kg in a gym and lifting iron at about 5kg each hand. I do around 300 sit ups a week and around 100 -150 crunches because i wanted better upper body strength.

My vert atm the moment is around 20-25 (i havent measured it) and im doin dunk now.

Is this okay to do or am i overdoing it?
    5'8 153...that's pretty heavy. Maybe you should hit the gym for some cardio workouts.

lol, ye i no iam quite heavy but i have a good jump already,

5 foot 8, 153 andmy vert is around 25. i got air alert today FREE!!!!!!! im starting on monday

i guess dont get air alert because it will stunt your growth. hey xxneu...(whatever) reply to my stunt growth thread pleasssseeee!!!

i guess dont get air alert because it will stunt your growth. hey xxnexusxx...(whatever) reply to my stunt growth thread pleasssseeee!!!
    Hey man, what are you asking me?

just look at my pm.

Krust Kingz

these are some of the reasons why americans play bad ball they love to show instead of improving fundamentals...

just my $.02

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    these are some of the reasons why americans play bad ball they love to show instead of improving fundamentals...

just my $.02
    hahahahahaha how many americans are in the nba? alot! how many chinese or hmong or japanese do you see? 1!

I don't get picked last at the park anymore BlockShot's Avatar

hahahahahaha how many americans are in the nba? alot! how many chinese or hmong or japanese do you see? 1!
    woah there someone hasnt been doing their research...so there's yao..Ha Seung Jin of the portland trailblazers...there was one japanese guy on the suns at one point....and they're going to draft a LOT more...and what u say about americans outnumbering the asians.....