Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 07-13-2006, 09:54 PM   #16
Simorebut
Saw a basketball once

Wait wait wait.. If u using that philosophy, then Alvin Williams should be starting over TJ Ford, I also think Garbarosa might be making more than Bosh, so he should start over him too?? I think your logic is just stupid. You not going to see Austin Croshere start over Josh Howard because of a bigger contract. Or Keith Van Horn over Dirk. Thats just stupid. The player who is the most talented and can play ball will start. Thats what Sam will go for.

Plus who says Salmons is getting paid more than Parker?? Salmons has a longer deal and the %'s can make his contract bigger as the years come along..

Last edited by Simorebut : 07-13-2006 at 09:58 PM.
Simorebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:18 PM   #17
the truth
...since 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simorebut
Wait wait wait.. If u using that philosophy, then Alvin Williams should be starting over TJ Ford, I also think Garbarosa might be making more than Bosh, so he should start over him too?? I think your logic is just stupid. You not going to see Austin Croshere start over Josh Howard because of a bigger contract. Or Keith Van Horn over Dirk. Thats just stupid. The player who is the most talented and can play ball will start. Thats what Sam will go for.

Plus who says Salmons is getting paid more than Parker?? Salmons has a longer deal and the %'s can make his contract bigger as the years come along..

It is you son who is stupid, and are apparently illiterate or has serious comprehension problems. Try reading my post again (all of it) to understand my point. I clearly said "TWO NEWLY SIGNED PLAYERS", not a player that was signed years earlier and was subsequently injured thus decreasing his value considerably...the comparison was made in the situation of players signed to a contract at the same time by the same team and under the same circumstances (unrestricted free agents). Understand?

Think before you speak please. :rollingeyes:

Furthermore, The deal for Parker is 3 years at 12 (reported) that pays him an average of 4 mil a season while Salmons will reportedly earn 24 mil over 5 years paying him an average of 4.6 mil a year. Is 4.6 a larger number than 4? I think so but donít quote me on that.

Of course in my assessment I am going on a rumor and that the report is accurate (which most pre-July 12th rumors have been).

Obviously this is your first attempt at logic, and you sound like a 12 year-old kid, so try to learn from your mistakes before your second attempt.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:36 PM   #18
Oakley34
Learning to shoot layups

I think Parker will get the start before Joey. Joey still hasn't proved himself and lacks confidence at times. I know that parker still has to prove himself at the NBA level but i agree with the quote that the starting job is Parkers to lose.
Oakley34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 11:13 PM   #19
pirate army
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigthomasb
PG - FORD
SG - PARKER
SF - PETERSON
PF - BOSH
CT - NESTEROVIC

if it isnt that i'll eat my foot (baring trade that is)

I'm afraid we'll have to hold you to that, sir.
pirate army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 10:57 AM   #20
Simorebut
Saw a basketball once

Quote:
Originally Posted by the truth
It is you son who is stupid, and are apparently illiterate or has serious comprehension problems. Try reading my post again (all of it) to understand my point. I clearly said "TWO NEWLY SIGNED PLAYERS", not a player that was signed years earlier and was subsequently injured thus decreasing his value considerably...the comparison was made in the situation of players signed to a contract at the same time by the same team and under the same circumstances (unrestricted free agents). Understand?

Think before you speak please. :rollingeyes:

Furthermore, The deal for Parker is 3 years at 12 (reported) that pays him an average of 4 mil a season while Salmons will reportedly earn 24 mil over 5 years paying him an average of 4.6 mil a year. Is 4.6 a larger number than 4? I think so but don’t quote me on that.

Of course in my assessment I am going on a rumor and that the report is accurate (which most pre-July 12th rumors have been).

Obviously this is your first attempt at logic, and you sound like a 12 year-old kid, so try to learn from your mistakes before your second attempt.

I didn't bother to read most of your post until after i posted and i was too lazy to edit. And ****, the PERCENTAGES MAY have made Salmon's contract bigger. Lets say Parker makes 4 mill with no % increase. and Salmon makes 3.5 with 8% increase. <-- I'm just sayin, not meaning it's true, so it could seem Parker's first year contract is bigger.

And you, of all people should know, if someone like John Salmons can't start on the 76ers, what makes u think he can start here?? And u saying how i'm stupid.
Simorebut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
brwnman

PG: TJ Ford/Calderon/ Salmons
SG: John Salmons/Anthony Parker
SF: Mo Pete / Joey Graham/PJ Tucker
PF: Bosh/Garbajosa/Humphries
C: Nesterovic/Bargnani

brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #22
Jballer
Local High School Star

No body seems to think Toronto might go with a "big"

Not opening night but...

TJ - 1
Salmon - 2
ABarg - 3 (he's got a shot from 18 feet)
CBosh - 4
Nesto - 5

I was just thinking that in the east going big often might be the way to create mis-matches.

Nesto/Bosh/Humphries will share minutes at 5 - yes Bosh will still be called on to play 5 - unless we up Loren Woods for another year since Pape Sow seems to be gone for a while.

Bosh/ABarg/Garbosi (?) share at 4
ABarg/Parker/Mo Pete/Graham share at 3
Salmon/Mo Pete/Parker share at 2
TJ Salmon/Jose/Salmon share at 1
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 PM   #23
bk15
I usually hit open layups

Quote:
PG: TJ Ford/Calderon/ Salmons
SG: John Salmons/Anthony Parker
SF: Mo Pete / Joey Graham/PJ Tucker
PF: Bosh/Garbajosa/Humphries
C: Nesterovic/Bargnani

Buddy You Cant forget ma main man PAPE SOW...Get Well.......and u ppl are talkin bout Garbajosa like hes on our team right now its not official

Quote:
TJ - 1
Salmon - 2
ABarg - 3 (he's got a shot from 18 feet)
CBosh - 4
Nesto - 5
....not gonna happen that often may only against teams like Dallas n Dirk
bk15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 04:09 PM   #24
Too_Cool
I rule the local playground

Can Everyone please have a moment of silence for Calderon and all his minutes.
Too_Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:30 PM   #25
brwnman

"Buddy You Cant forget ma main man PAPE SOW...Get Well.......and u ppl are talkin bout Garbajosa like hes on our team right now its not official"

first of all, he is not your main man and another thing is the reports on him are sketchy and a couple of sites had him gone for the whole season... that is why I left him out... plus its 12 on the active roster...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 05:33 PM   #26
Orealius
I rule the local playground

I read somewhere that Slokar was being brought in to replace Sow.
Orealius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 07:06 PM   #27
POTTER21
I usually hit open layups

Cool

I think the rotation will look like this

PG- TJ Ford/Jose Calderon/Andre Barret

SG-Antony Parker/John Salmons/Mo Pete

SF-Mo Pete/Joey Graham/John Salmons/Anthony Parker/Andrea Bargnani

PF-Chris Bosh/Andrea Bargnani/Kris Humphries/Pape Sow

C-Rasho/Andrea Bargnani/Kris Humphries/Pape Sow/Chris Bosh

Some interesting lineups to look at:

Up Tempo lineup:PG-TJ Ford
SG-Mo Pete
SF-Joey Graham
PF-Chris Bosh
C-Andrea Bargnani

Bench lineup: Second String:
PG-Andre Barret PG-Jose Calderon
SG-John Salmons SG-John Salmons
SF-Joey Graham SF-Joey Graham
PF-Kris Humphries PF-Andrea Bargnani
C-Pape Sow C-Kris Humphries

Last edited by POTTER21 : 07-14-2006 at 07:09 PM.
POTTER21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:51 PM   #28
the truth
...since 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simorebut
I didn't bother to read most of your post until after i posted and i was too lazy to edit. And ****, the PERCENTAGES MAY have made Salmon's contract bigger. Lets say Parker makes 4 mill with no % increase. and Salmon makes 3.5 with 8% increase. <-- I'm just sayin, not meaning it's true, so it could seem Parker's first year contract is bigger.

And you, of all people should know, if someone like John Salmons can't start on the 76ers, what makes u think he can start here?? And u saying how i'm stupid.

:stupid:

Before you start jumping to conclusions, you should try to understand someoneís point, always a good idea in any situation.

As for the reason Salmons didnít start in Philly...hmmm, letís see...hmmm, this is a tough one, oh wait, I got it! Apparently there's a pretty good player by the name of Allen Iverson who starts in the 76er backcourt, have you heard of him? Also thereís an up and coming star named Andre Iguodala who is the other backcourt starter, I donít know who he is but I've heard he is a good all round player with excellent athleticism.

Just because Salmons didn't start over Andre, doesnít mean anything with respect to the starting job in Toronto. Obvious no?

Forget what I said about the salaries, ok? You clearly donít understand why I brought it up. Besides, that was a side point to the real reason. If you feel like it, check it out, otherwise continue with your snap decisions and shoot from the hip comments.
the truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 09:56 PM   #29
boshraptor4life
I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orealius
I read somewhere that Slokar was being brought in to replace Sow.
Have you got a link about this, I've been looking for info on this for quite some time.
boshraptor4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 03:48 AM   #30
23jordan23
Serious playground baller

why do people thing Bargnani will b a center lol ..hes Sf or PF ...he will grow in like 4 years maybe to b a center if anything ..but why would u have a guy that can do wut he does being overpowerd by big men ..hes a SF/PF right now
23jordan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: