Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: How good was Anfernee Hardaway?

He was better than every guard since Jordan, apart from Kobe, and Wade.

The only player since that reminds me of him, or plays similar is Shaun Livingston. Penny had a better jumper, and scoring arsenal though. Also one of the most unique, elite polished post games right out the gates that I've ever seen.

And yes, sidenote there has for a long time been rumors of him being gay. Shaq, and him not so coincidentally had ego clashes. Shaq has them everywhere he goes. Orlando, LA, Miami, Phoenix, TNT, the list goes on.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Didn't really get to watch him in his prime.

Anybody want to educate me? I heard MCW plays like him.
    awesome. one of the few players who could blow by elite defenders off a live dribble before hand checking was outlawed. Great two-way talent, but could have been better had the knee injuries not slowed him down.

i think the MCW comparisons come from his physical attributes and playing position mostly. Penny was winner the second he came into the league. Obviously MCW doesn't have a player of the calibre of Shaq to run with, but I'd like to see what he can do in games that are not meaningless

Great talent though, not hate, love his game.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    He was better than every guard since Jordan, apart from Kobe, and Wade.
    Do you mean better in terms of talent? If not, I can name Iverson, McGrady and Ray Allen for a few more.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by julizaver
    He was a fantastic young player, quick athletic and extremely talented - but how good he could be ? Based on what I see during his 3 first three seasons (when healthy) he was not the selfish, so probably in his prime he will not be 27-28 - 29 ppg scorer, but he would be more of a 23-24 ppg (0.500-0.520 FG/FGA), 5-6 rebs and 7-8 assists (for around 38-40 minutes per game) player.

Anyway if required (as when Shaq departures) he could be an efficient scorer also as one the previous poster shows, so we will not definitely know how his career would go since Penny was very versatile and could play PG, SG and SF positions.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Do you mean better in terms of talent? If not, I can name Iverson, McGrady and Ray Allen for a few more.
    I always considered McGrady a SF. But if you consider him a SG, you'd be right. Iverson has a case, but not so definitive. I think Penny was better than Ray Allen. More dimensional given his playmaking, and passing abilities. The only players with cases as good, or better are Chris Paul, Allen Iverson, and if you consider McGrady a guard or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Fudge
    Didn't really get to watch him in his prime.

Anybody want to educate me? I heard MCW plays like him.

Anfernee was really good. One year, maybe his second season in the league, with Shaq sideline with an injury, Penny led the Orlando Magic to a 17-5 start. He was averaging 27-28 points a game during the early part of the season. The dude could have been among the greats of the league if it wasn't for injuries.

Local High School Star

Penny had a lot of talent, his game was comparable to Jordan. Lots of potential there. Injuries ****ed him over good though, as we all know.

He'd easily be a top 5 player today. If not top 3. No one would be able to handle his size and post game at the PG position.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Westbrook >>> Hardaway

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Default Re: How good was Anthony Hardaway?

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Didn't Shaq leave due to reports that Hardaway was gay, and was having a relationship with the director of Blue Chips or something? I remember someone posting up an article about it.

Never heard that one.

...not that there's anything wrong with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    poor man's Tracy Mcgrady.
    This post right here shows us how absolutely fukking stupid you are. The next Jameer. Better go back to Youtube, kid.