Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Disturbing Stats

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    I don't expect anything this year. Neither does anyone else out there (except kkinchen who predicted Laker championship this year ). I can't even name half of the Laker roster..

Anyways, this has become a complete run-and-gun squad this year. Last year, MDA had no choice but to cater a bit to Dwight to try to get him to stay. With Dwight out of the way, post-play is almost irrelevant and unnecessary. Sad but true.. Gasol alone isn't going to cut it in the paint since he is obviously not a banger. We have zero physicality in the paint (just Hill but he won't get starter minutes).

Then you have very young perimeter players with little or no NBA-level experience. These guys are learning on the job with the coaching staff still trying to figure out how to divide the playing time. Nash is too old, and has slowed down significantly. He can't lead these kids since they have to limit his playing time. We kind of miss Ron Ron out on the perimeter and obviously miss Kobe's leadership. It's a recipe for DISASTER!

Defense? Horrendous. The few good man-on-man defenders we had are gone or injured. Namely Dwight, Ron, & Kobe. We will have to see who from our young bench is capable of being a defensive-stopper going forward. Then you add in an offensive-minded coach? Fini.

More on Kobe.. I seriously hope he returns within next 2 weeks or we won't win more than 30 games this season. Maybe 30 wins is a good thing.. We can trade up and get a top10 pick AND perhaps sign up Carmelo and one other star like Danny Granger or Deng (Can Deng play PF?). Then re-sign Kobe/Gasol ofc..

PG - Might be time to try and ship out Nash. Clear up even more salary going into next summer. Lakers should make Farmar the main backup PG - Blake's days are numbered. We just need a starting level league-average PG.. Kyle Lowry will be an unrestricted FA. Would be perfect.
    SF - We will need a SF badly if Carmelo stays in NY or goes elsewhere. Deng, Granger, Ariza, Butler are possibilities.
    PF/C - Not many PF that will be UFA. Gotta hold onto Gasol.. or trade him for a younger PF/C like Greg Monroe or Cousins (terrible attitude but he may change if he comes to a big market team like LAL) or Al Jefferson. Maybe trade Gasol for Derrick Favors if Jazz decide to go separate ways. Then there is Kevin Love or Pekovic - maybe trade Gasol for one of them??
    I don't expect them to beat most good teams but atleast I expect them to play hard and play smart. I was hoping to see a team like the post Magic era. Peeler, Lynch etc coached by Del Harris who played together and atleast play with a purpose and sensible basketball.
    It's very sad that we are now talking about next offseason moves.

Quote Originally Posted by tamaraw08
    Good post esp the bolded one. The perfect excuse last year on why Pau was in the perimeter was bec of the presence of D12 and that they needed to space the floor. Now D-12 is gone and BOTH Pau and Williams are still taking 3pt shots.
    I don't think its not all about just "spacing the floor" as in drawing out defenders so later on you get layups, but it's just plain perimeter shooting.
    Shawne Williams would just bomb away and shoot about 4 3pt shots early even without any teammates positioned for an offensive rebound.
    Adelman positioned his centers like Yao and Divac before in the highpost to generate layups, this team....????
    There's no excuse anymore on why Jordan Hill is not playing more minutes except MDA, flat out don't know how to use him.
    I told everyone that 'Antoni aka No D Toni was a horrible hire....and mostly what I heard from folks was "Give him a chance" as if he was a coach we had never seen or heard of before He needs to go coach Euro ball....or just go away because the Lakers will never win SH!T with him and his no D, shot jacking style.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
    lol at those bold names. I would prefer to give that 10mil from Pau to Monroe...he is young atleast...I think Pau's good days are behind him....

kobe needs to take a paycut if he wants to win championship again.

they need 2 young max next yr if kobe wants to win...Pau can go...so can nash

JHill will command more than 1mil...Elton brand is earning 4mil this yr...he is 10times better then hill...
    Monroe is very good and will get more than 10 million per season. Remember, Cousins set the bar with his 4yr/62 million dollar extension. Since Cousins got max dollars I think Monroe will get an offer very similiar too. If all Monroe gets offered is 10 million I would expect the Pistons to match (unless they trade him, which is looking doubtful right now).

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by DKLaker
    I told everyone that 'Antoni aka No D Toni was a horrible hire....and mostly what I heard from folks was "Give him a chance" as if he was a coach we had never seen or heard of before He needs to go coach Euro ball....or just go away because the Lakers will never win SH!T with him and his no D, shot jacking style.
    It'll end up just like it did with the Knicks. As soon as he leaves and the team gets better (with the same roster...) people will finally realize it.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut

The reason the Lakers lost last game was because Boris Diaw kept abusing Wesley Johnson in the post for the entire 4th quarter. Wesley Johnson is not a 4 by any imagination, why put a player in such a role he could never possibly be good at? This was a perfect time to go to Shawn Williams who is an excellent post defender.
    Antoni has said that he thinks Johnson is a lot like Shawn Marion. He believes he's really athletic and likes him to guard those guys and play the 4. I think we're going to see a lot of that this season. I think Johnson isn't that similiar to Marion. Marion was a freak of nature athlete back in his prime and was a much better defender.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    It'll end up just like it did with the Knicks. As soon as he leaves and the team gets better (with the same roster...) people will finally realize it.
    Im just wondering when will Buss pull the trigger.
    What if they lose most of their games in the next month?
    Somebody from sports radio have been tracking since preseason that they have been allowing atleast 30 pts/quarter for like 80% of the time. Yes, I know MDA is not a good defensive minded coach but if the trend continues, even with Kobe esp on the road... . I wish somebody close to Jim should point out how Chicago managed to get into the playoffs without Rose last season.

Hey DK, I bet you a dollar that Mike Brown's Cavs will be a better team than the Lakers this season.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

Hey DK, I bet you a dollar that Mike Brown's Cavs will be a better team than the Lakers this season.
    I bet 1000$ on it cause mike brown has Kyrie, tristan, 1st pick & bynum getting healthy by day.

He has good reserves in jack and cj miles

He teaches defense

If u watch yesterdays game it was all layup drill for the mavs & our chuckers chuking

I hate to say it but nash has 1 leg in coffin & Pau gasol is right near him.

Blake gets abused like a little b!tch & he is still starting at SG

Fcuk with spacing... & shwane williams..,

Im just wondering when will Buss pull the trigger.
    What if they lose most of their games in the next month?
    Somebody from sports radio have been tracking since preseason that they have been allowing atleast 30 pts/quarter for like 80% of the time. Yes, I know MDA is not a good defensive minded coach but if the trend continues, even with Kobe esp on the road... . I wish somebody close to Jim should point out how Chicago managed to get into the playoffs without Rose last season.

They can't hire a new coach this season with this roster and no hopes at a title, so all they can do is either ride it out and fire him once the season is done OR fire him now and let an interim coach on staff run the team......one problem with that is that you would not only have to fire Mike but also his brother Dan........geez, sad that Jimmy Nitwit dumped this crap onto us once again

If he hires another bad coach he'll be run out of town!!!

NBA lottery pick

They can't hire a new coach this season with this roster and no hopes at a title, so all they can do is either ride it out and fire him once the season is done OR fire him now and let an interim coach on staff run the team......one problem with that is that you would not only have to fire Mike but also his brother Dan........geez, sad that Jimmy Nitwit dumped this crap onto us once again

I agree, I do think in order to have any sort of chance at FA's they'll need to do it after the season. It doesn't make sense to do it during the season. This Lakers team will be lucky to make the playoffs. In a way I hope they don't, because that will at least be a better draft pick to help the team out for next season. That's a potential starter. I don't see any way possible the Lakers could even try to go after a guy like Carmelo if 'antoni is still the coach. Not just Melo, but I don't see any big time FA wanting to play under 'antoni. If they try to go into free agency with him as a head coach this could be a very long rebuilding process.

There were many reports on why they didn't bother to retain/hire Shaw and other Phil's assistants and even trading away Fisher, it was they hated to stick with the Triangle offense... And yet they hired Rambis this summer. Why?
    Is he the next Mike Woodson?
    But wait, you hate Rambis too.

NBA lottery pick Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar

fire him midway through the season. Let Rambis teach these young guys Triangle.

Hire Phil in the offseason as a coach and let him recruit Lebron/Melo whoever he thinks will be good for his team

the lakers need a recruiter ...after jerry there is nobody...not Mitch ...not Jim...

Denver is struggling with Shaw preferring a slower pace system. MDA likes the up tempo even with aging players. I say Lakers trade MDA and his staff to Denver. Lakers get Shaw and avoid paying MDA.
    Denvers gets to run and gun again. Everybody happy
    ...sort of.

There were many reports on why they didn't bother to retain/hire Shaw and other Phil's assistants and even trading away Fisher, it was they hated to stick with the Triangle offense... And yet they hired Rambis this summer. Why?
    Is he the next Mike Woodson?
    But wait, you hate Rambis too.
    There are other good coaches besides Phil and the Triangle, the Lakers passed on Adelman when they hired Brown.
    Trust me, we do NOT want Rambis as a head coach....no way!!!