Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson Will Be the Best Backcourt in the NBA

Answer: Yes

Please Don't Ban Me Jeff or Steve

We all missed the chance to see O.J. Mayo and Dwyane Wade together in the backcourt which would have been the best backcourt since Isiah Thomas and Joe Dumars.

Now that is looks like Memphis will sign AI to a one year deal. Will Ovinton Mayo and Allen Iverson be a top 5 backcourt?

I say they will be here is what RocketGreatness said was the top 5 backcourts

Quote Originally Posted by RocketGreatness
    1. Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili

2. Rajon Rondo and Ray Allen

3. Jameer Nelson and Vince Carter

4. Mike Bibby and Joe Johnson

5. Mario Chalmers (UNDERRATED) and Dwyane Wade

What do you guys think?, any adjustments? What's your take on my Top 5? Got yo own sucka'?

Ok just looking at this They will be the best.

I mean we have all seen what O.J. Mayo has done to Manu Ginobili just flat out embrassed him last year in 3 out of their 4 games. including my favorite 29 point performance in double OT.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJO0zKr13Kc relive the moment.

Iverson can show Mayo how to be a lethal scorer show him some tips.

1. O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson

2. Manu Ginobili and Tony Parker
    3. Vince Carter and Jameer Nelson
    4. Baron Davis and Eric Gordon
    5. Dwayne Wade and Chalmers/ Steph Curry and Monta Ellis Toss Up.

Waiting for the Haters response in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.. GO

I rule the local playground

Default Re: O.J. Mayo and Allen Iverson Will Be the Best Backcourt in the NBA

They'd be the highest scoring backcourt with the lowest FG% to be sure. That, however, makes for the best backcourt not. Hmmmmmm.

Umm no. You'll need about 4 balls on that Grizzlies team to function.

Mayo is a talent....but i think ZACH AND AI are gonna be hogging the ball.

7-time NBA All-Star

Mayo and Iverson won't play well together. The Grizzlies management is idiotic. They build up a nice core of young players who are developing includng Gay, Mayo, Conley, Marc Gasol and a guy who should be a great rebounder and shot blocker right away in Thabeet, but they're going to stunt their development by adding guys like Zach Randolph and Iverson? The Grizzlies aren't going to win now, they need to play for the future and those guys won't help them win more now!

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli

Mayo: Guess what, you're never going to get to shoot the ball now Randolph is here.
    Gasol: Que te jodas, you've got a guy who still think he's the no. 1 option next to you, you're even more screwed.
    LOL but Iverson will kept the locker room in check he is a vet starving for a championship.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatDeraj
    I like this move for Mephis. Iverson would have a good influence on a young Mayo. Both are small sgs, maybe iverson could teach him a thing or two. This team has scorers at every position and could be really fun to watch. I think they could make a run at 8th seed in the west next to the clippers.
    Same here Iverson he so much knownledge. Hopefully he can teach Mayo in Practice.

Decent playground baller

I think Grizzlies think that they actually have a chance of making the playoffs this year. May be they are right, I don't know.

They got enoug scoring now, that's for sure. Between Iverson, Gay, Mayo and Randolph, that's a lot of baskets.

Thabeet+Gasol+Randolph is actually a pretty good rotation, allowing for some variation. They've added some experience to their rotation to balance things off a bit.

If you look at West, there is a good chance one or more teams will fall off from the playoff picture, and there are still quite a few lower feeder teams that will remain so. May be they just see a window of opportunity here.
    Or may be I'm just talking out of my a...Its Grizzlies afterall.

Banned

It's a shame Mayo has to be on the same team as Gay, AI and Randolph

Quote Originally Posted by AJ2k8
    It's a shame Mayo has to be on the same team as Gay, AI and Randolph
    Mayo should be thanking he stars. Rudy Gay was compared to Scott Pippen and still has the potential to be as good as Scott Pippen. He is only 22 yrs of age though i have to admit he is showing progress maybe this is hiss year. Allen Iverson can be O.J's mentor this year show him how to get in the lane and draw the superstar foul. I think the Grizzlies actually will have a shot at the 8th seed.

That means they will square off against the LA Lakers. Kobe vs Mayo in the playoffs that would be lilojmayo's dream.

College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FIXED
    Mayo should be thanking he stars. Rudy Gay was compared to Scott Pippen and still has the potential to be as good as Scott Pippen. He is only 22 yrs of age though i have to admit he is showing progress maybe this is hiss year. Allen Iverson can be O.J's mentor this year show him how to get in the lane and draw the superstar foul. I think the Grizzlies actually will have a shot at the 8th seed.

That means they will square off against the LA Lakers. Kobe vs Mayo in the playoffs that would be lilojmayo's dream.
    Hello Scott Pippen, Rudy Gay will never reach Scottie Pippen level. He probably should, and probably should surpass it, but he won't.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by brooks_thompson
    Hello Scott Pippen, Rudy Gay will never reach Scottie Pippen level. He probably should, and probably should surpass it, but he won't.
    First he has to find his Jordan, and Allen Iverson ain't it.

the starters past season would average 71FGA per game between the 5 haha
    Maybe together they will take better shots and be the best team in the league :S

National High School Star Twiens's Avatar

Kobe and Fisher

Quote Originally Posted by kingmob
    First he has to find his Jordan, and Allen Iverson ain't it.

..................................... ^^ This guy O.J. Mayo.

Decent playground baller

Mayo and AI won't work... and it will actually hurt Mayo's game if AI goes there.

First of all, AI is not a great defender, all he does is play the passing lane.

AI needs the ball in his hand to score, meaning OJ won't see the ball enough to keep him happy because OJ also needs the rock.

Memphis have enough scoring as it is already... Mayo and Rudy can do enough damage, and if Conley can develop into a solid PG, they are fine. They need frontline help, especially defensively.

It also wouldn't hurt if Gay and Mayo can develop into better defenders as well, given that both have the athletic ability to do it but not the heart.