Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-18-2007, 10:14 AM   #91
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Players you're amped about for next season

Wálter Herrmann. He's going to be a 20 ppg scorer next season.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 02:39 PM   #92
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
Short leash? He was given 30 starts, and he played badly...it's that simple. I have no idea what you people are seeing why you think he's this immense talent. He's quick and he's a great dribbler, ok, but he can't shoot and even when he's trying hard still struggles on d due to his lack of size. His court vision is just average. He may be a solid player one day just for his ability to penetrate but there's nothing special going on with the man and he's had some stupid off-court incidents.
30 starts and the freedom to make the eventual mistakes a young PG will make are two different things.

Quote:
Please. The pressure put on by Rajon Rondo, a rookie point guyard selected with the 20th pick, would be no big deal to a great talent. For starters, Rajon Rondo dealt with the "pressure" applied by Telfair just fine. And so did Delonte West. At the end of the year even Allan Ray was playing better. And this is just on the Celtics. How does a supposedly talented player fall to the bottom of the rotation on TWO bad teams? It's not like Boston or Portland was throwing out Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Next up, we have Paul and Williams both playing All-Star caliber ball in spite of having established vets like Derek Fisher (Williams) and Speedy Claxton (rookie Chris Paul) around. Duhon and Hinrich both have played well (with Hinrich also approaching star status) in spite of one another's presence. And I could go on. The time for excuses for Telfair is long past.
Delonte is an older vet who was familiar with the coach. By your own admission Rando did nothing special.

As for Paul and Williams; Both of those guys have been given freedom. Neither Speedy nor D Fish were battling for a starters role. Both Utah and New Orleans gave their rookies the time and freedom needed to be a young PG.

Your Hinrich and Duhon comment is just plain silly. Hinrich was a 23 year old rookie who had the team to himself for an entire year. How does drafting Duhon to be Hinrich's back-up the following year compare to Telfair competing for a starting job every year he's in the league against someone roughly his age?

Quote:
If Lenny Cooke was really an NBA-caliber player, wouldn't someone have noticed it by now? Wouldn't he have starred and got the NBA's attention in the CBA or USBL or Greece or wherever he is by now and gotten another shot? You are actually mad at the team that gave Cooke the best chance he ever had. What about the summer league teams he got all of those offensive rebounds against and showed all that athleticism too (I'm not even double-checking on any of this, tracking down summer league info from years in the past is too much trouble)? Why weren't they impressed by him? Fact of the matter is if this guy was good enough to impress in any way against LeBron James he would have show in by now. Face it, he was never that good. The Celtics just wanted to check out some of the other players they were working out in the summer league. Had nothing to do with any kind of power trip.
Cooke lead the USBL in scoring, offensive rebounding, and steals. He won USBL Rookie of the Year and finished in the top five (I believe it was either the top 5 or top 3) for MVP. He then played in the Phillipines and averaged over 35 points and 14 rebounds per game. Cooke then tore his achilles and was sidelined for a year.

About 6 months after returning from the achilles injury he was in a car accident that almost cost him his leg. He was sidelined for a year and a half.

He just made his return to competitive basketball a little more than 6 months ago.

But your right, if he was a truly a NBA-caliber player he'd be on a team already regardless of the fact that injuries took him off the court for almost three years. :rollingeyes:
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:05 PM   #93
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
30 starts and the freedom to make the eventual mistakes a young PG will make are two different things.
Wrong. If he was really on such a short leash he wouldn't have gotten 30 starts. What do you want, a whole season of him being one of the worst starters in the NBA before the Cs consider playing someone else? Yeah, right.

Quote:
Delonte is an older vet who was familiar with the coach. By your own admission Rando did nothing special.
Delonte West was in his 3rd season in the NBA, just like Telfair. Also, I have no idea where you saw me write that Rondo did nothing special, because I didn't. He played excellent defense and showed good court vision and creativity as a passer. His jumper is worse than Telfair's but that's the only area where he's behind Telfair, and that's why he took Telfair's job.
Quote:
As for Paul and Williams; Both of those guys have been given freedom. Neither Speedy nor D Fish were battling for a starters role. Both Utah and New Orleans gave their rookies the time and freedom needed to be a young PG.
Wrong. As a rookie Deron Williams only started in 47 games. When he messed up he was yanked. The difference is that Williams has made himself into a good shooter, passer, and defender, three areas where he's far ahead of Telfair.
Quote:
Your Hinrich and Duhon comment is just plain silly. Hinrich was a 23 year old rookie who had the team to himself for an entire year. How does drafting Duhon to be Hinrich's back-up the following year compare to Telfair competing for a starting job every year he's in the league against someone roughly his age?
Wrong again. Rookie Hinrich had 66 starts. Rookie Duhon had 73. Neither was just handed pt, both got sat down when they messed up. The difference? Neither messed up nearly as much as Telfair. The two of them are constantly forced to look over their choulder in the struggle for minutes, because not only do they have to compete with each other, there's also Ben Gordon, the team's best scorer, taking up the SG minutes that Hinrich could be playing to supplement their pt.
Quote:
Cooke lead the USBL in scoring, offensive rebounding, and steals. He won USBL Rookie of the Year and finished in the top five (I believe it was either the top 5 or top 3) for MVP. He then played in the Phillipines and averaged over 35 points and 14 rebounds per game. Cooke then tore his achilles and was sidelined for a year.

About 6 months after returning from the achilles injury he was in a car accident that almost cost him his leg. He was sidelined for a year and a half.

He just made his return to competitive basketball a little more than 6 months ago.

But your right, if he was a truly a NBA-caliber player he'd be on a team already regardless of the fact that injuries took him off the court for almost three years. :rollingeyes:
Yeah, let's give try-outs to the entire All-USBL Second team. The injuries are unfortunate, but Cooke just isn't an NBA talent and he never will be. And no, I doubt anyone cares but you about big stats in 3rd-world countries. :rollingeyes:
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:35 PM   #94
Aidan
Both Teams Play Hard.

Aidan has decent reputation

Morrison-He'll average about 17ppg for sure
Telfair, Green, Jason Kapano (can he keep it up?), Rondo, ROY, Chris Paul,and i'll be looking for Eddy Curry to be an All-Star...
Aidan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:40 PM   #95
Fudge
No fufu shit

Fudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputationFudge has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidan
Morrison-He'll average about 17ppg for sure
Seriously, though, I don't think he'll be much better. The guy was a potential 20 point scorer in the begininng of this season. He fell off track and became a strct 10 point scorer on most nights(he scored 0 a few times). Don't know, just don't think he'll get any better.

Quote:
i'll be looking for Eddy Curry to be an All-Star...
Yup, hopefully he doesn't get gypped again.
Fudge is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 07:28 PM   #96
BarbosaIsFast
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BarbosaIsFast has an OK reputation so far

leandro barbosa, how will he play this season after winning the 6th man of the year award. hopefully its with the suns.
BarbosaIsFast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:29 PM   #97
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Jasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJasper is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by loot
And I'm not talking about rookies. I'm talking about those players who have shown glimpes of their potential. Like Zach Randolph who started beasting during the preseason before he became a starter a few years back. Maggette had me amped too, and he had a huge season with the Clippers back then.

Right now, players like Dorell Wright, Gerald Green, Deron Williams, Dwight Howard, Tyrus Thomas and Tony Allen have me looking forward to next season. Although Deron had his break out season, I can see all these players making huge strides. I just hope they get the chance, especially Green, TT and Wright.

Bobby Simmons : dude had a one good year for clips, then played average the first year with the bucks then was hurt all of 06-07 season.
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 PM   #98
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Darko Milicic - yes, the one and only Darko
Why?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #99
Kujo
National High School Star

Kujo has decent reputation

Yi Jianlian - very intrigued to see what this cat will do in the NBA
Nenad Kristic - It will be interesting to see how returns from his knee injury, Net's will be dangerous if he's healthy, and comes back strong
Kevin Durant - no brainer, so much hype around this kid, let's see what he can do in the NBA
Greg Oden - how big will his impact be?
Chris Bosh - how much will he improve, can he take the Raps to the next level?

These guys come to mind. There are more that I can't think of right now.
Kujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 10:25 PM   #100
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm also psyched for Nene and J. Kidd. Will his numbers maintain?
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:50 AM   #101
JoHnShOeZ1492
LeBron for 12 MVP

JoHnShOeZ1492 has an OK reputation so far

TOP FIVE DEFFINATELY
PG Chris Paul
SG Joe Johnson
SF Carmelo Anthony
PF Al Jefferson
C Gregory Oden
Ben Gordon, Chicago Bulls
*Alando Tucker
Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
Dwight Howard, Orlando Magic
Monta Ellis, Golden State Warriors
Deron Williams, Utah Jazz
Brandon ROY, Portland Trailblazers
Ricky Davis, Minnesota T'Wolves
The AI Melo Connection, Denver Nuggets
Tony Parker, San Antonio Spurs
Rudy Gay, Memphis Grizzlies
Devin Harris, Dallas Mavericks
Gerald Green, Boston Celtics
Underrated Paul Pierce, Boston Celtics
Andre Iguodala, Philadelphia 76ers
Chris Bosh, Toronto Raptors
LeBron James, Cleveland Cavaliers
Rip Hamilton, Detroit Pistons
Jermaine O'Neal, Whatever Team he ends up on
Michael Redd, Milwaukee Bucks

Kevin Garnett, Boston Celtics:)
JoHnShOeZ1492 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:51 AM   #102
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I'm anxious to see how Amare improves.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:54 AM   #103
imjustlikemusiq
Speak To Me Cleanly

imjustlikemusiq has an OK reputation so far

Oleisky Pecherov
imjustlikemusiq is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: