Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-19-2007, 01:50 PM   #1
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here
Default Players who were in the league for more than 15 years

I was thinking about the early 90's, back when I still bought basketball collectors cards every now and then. I loved to check the stories and stats on the back of these cards, and every now and then I pulled out a card with a huge list of statistics.

These were cards of players like Moses Malone, Woolrigde (who didn't even get to 15 seasons), Bill Cartwright, Tom Chambers etc etc.

These guys were around for ages, some started out in the ABA during the 70's. They were around for several decades and I only got to see them play during the last stages of their careers.

Nowadays you've got guys like Clifford Robinson playing. Mutombo has been around for ages it seems, even though I remember both of these guys getting drafted.

Who are some players who are still playing or retired during the 90's or this decade who played oer 15 seasons?

Also, you'd figure the big guys, who are in the paint all the time, get the biggest beatings and take the biggest toll on their bodies. Still most players on the list I posted are enters and power forwards. Even though they have more mass, bigger bodies, you'd think guards like Reggie Miller and Mitch Richmond, who made a living shooting from long range, would last longer. Thoughts?

Moses Malone (19)
Dikembe Mutombo (15)
Bill Cartwright (15)
Tom Chambers (16)
Karl Malone (19)
John Stockton (19)
Reggie Miller (18)
Hakeem Olajuwon (18)
Gary Payton (17)
Otis Thorpe (17)
Kevin Willis (20)
Buck Williams (17)
Robert Parish (21)
Horace Grant (17)
James Edwards (19)
Marc Jackson (17)
Terry Cummings (18)
Sam Perkins (17)
A.c. Green (18)
Charles Oakley (19)
Clifford Robinson (17)
Danny Schayes (18)
loot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 01:57 PM   #2
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Players who were in the league for more than 15 years

Isn't Shaq in his 15th season?
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:38 PM   #3
ShawnieMac06
High School Varsity 6th Man

ShawnieMac06 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Isn't Shaq in his 15th season?

Him and Alonzo Mourning...in fact, I think they're still the only two players left in the NBA from their draft class (1992). I think I could be leaving someone else out though.
ShawnieMac06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:39 PM   #4
JMEWLS

man kevin willis has been there for longer then i've been alive.. lol

Anyone know of when he's gonna leave the game?

Whats the most seasons one's every played?
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

Clifford Robinson is currently in his 17th NBA season
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #6
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

loot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation hereloot has an incredible reputation here

willias already retired....
Old 03-19-2007, 03:43 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation hereL.Kizzle has an incredible reputation here

Little known fact.

Clifford Robinson is the only current player who played in the 1980's.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #8
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

it seems to say so in the original post...
Old 03-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
loot
H.U.M.A.N. World

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnieMac06
Him and Alonzo Mourning...in fact, I think they're still the only two players left in the NBA from their draft class (1992). I think I could be leaving someone else out though.

horry, pj brown

and christie if you count his clippers stint
Old 03-19-2007, 04:54 PM   #10
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork

i thought i heard the nets commentators say this was his 18th season? i am probably wrong but i swear they said that.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 04:58 PM   #11
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
Little known fact.

Clifford Robinson is the only current player who played in the 1980's.
That's actually a cool fact, they are dying out fast.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 05:15 PM   #12
D-Town-Raised
I brick open layups

D-Town-Raised has an OK reputation so far

Steve Kerr played 15 seasons. And here is a WTF fact. Steve Kerr has the highest Offensive Rating in NBA history. Meaning when Steve Kerr was on the court his team produced the highest amount of points scored per 100 possessions.
D-Town-Raised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 07:42 PM   #13
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Town-Raised
Steve Kerr played 15 seasons. And here is a WTF fact. Steve Kerr has the highest Offensive Rating in NBA history. Meaning when Steve Kerr was on the court his team produced the highest amount of points scored per 100 possessions.

that's very interesting...and folks like to dismiss the teams around MJ. Kerr was a deadeye.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 09:10 PM   #14
kumquat
College superstar

kumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat coolkumquat is considered somewhat cool

It's all the bongs that keep cliffy fresh.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: