Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question What does ISH think of the Hawks?

I'm curious to see what what you guys honestly think of the Hawks here. Me and many other Hawks fans right now are really high on the team and believe they can be a top 3 seed. I feel like the 3 point heavy ball movement system is very effective in today's league and really gives them an opportunity to compete with every team regardless if they aren't as talented. Mike Budenholzer is one of the best coaches in the league and does a phenomenal job utilizing his talent. I think so much of this will come down to Jeff Teague, who all Hawks fans will agree is by far the most important player on the team. When he is pushing the tempo, attacking the basket, and being aggressive in general our offensive is at it's best and really hard to defend. It all comes down to him bringing that "Playoff Teague" aggressive mentality to the regular season.

What does ISH think?

Default Re: What does ISH think of the Hawks?

Whats a "Hawks"?

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    I'm curious to see what what you guys honestly think of the Hawks here. Me and many other Hawks fans right now are really high on the team and believe they can be a top 3 seed. I feel like the 3 point heavy ball movement system is very effective in today's league and really gives them an opportunity to compete with every team regardless if they aren't as talented. Mike Budenholzer is one of the best coaches in the league and does a phenomenal job utilizing his talent. I think so much of this will come down to Jeff Teague, who all Hawks fans will agree is by far the most important player on the team. When he is pushing the tempo, attacking the basket, and being aggressive in general our offensive is at it's best and really hard to defend. It all comes down to him bringing that "Playoff Teague" aggressive mentality to the regular season.

What does ISH think?

College superstar

they're an athletic version of the spurs, just not as savvy or experienced. ish knows i've never been high on ATL - that was until i saw them last postseason. they impressed me. if their core and coaching stay in tact, while continuing to build much needed chemistry, they will be a championship contender in 2 years max (srs).

I know that Hawks fans on ISH think they can be a 50 win team somehow.

I like Mike Bud, Teague & Horford, Millsap to an extent, I think they should deal him and try to acquire a rim protecting C next to Al and slide him to the 4 spot like he's been begging to play for years. But I don't see them winning over 43-45 games tops if their core pieces stay healthy all year

Golden State Aster*sks

No one cares about the Hawks, not even Atlanta.

They'll give some decent teams fits this year and will be one of those athletic/scrappy underdogs who hold their own. 6-8 seed is theirs for their taking (potentially 5th)

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I loved Hawks ever since they had both Horford and Teague,

#Horford + Milsap is a beast combo at PF/C
    # Carroll is a beast on D and can hit the 3 another good player Jazz let go for nothing
    #Korver high IQ elite shooter
    #Teague dynamic two way PG
    #Excellent coach and good ball movement

There bench but aside from Mike Scott and the potential of Dennis leaves alot to be desired but

From 3-7th I see things wide open in the east. It will all comes down to witch teams will have less injuries to deal with but the way I see now, Raptors, Hawks, Heat, Bobcats and Wizards are about the same level and any order can happen.

The 8th seed will come down to Nets, Pacers, Knicks or Pistons. 1st and 2nd are Bulls and Cavs.

Love them, rooting for them out East. Love Bud, love their style. Love them having two All-Star quality bigs.

The Hawks...never heard of them. Are they any good? Can Cleveland get them?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

I'm likely to see a Hawks game in Atlanta this year, so hopefully they have an exciting year.

Honestly the fact that we have Coach Bud is pretty much the only thing that has me excited about this upcoming season.

I do like that we have a lot of flexibility with the roster as well, but considering Ferry is stuck in purgatory somewhere idk how we're going to make moves. If we can get a good return on Horford and/or Millsap I say go for it.

NBA rookie of the year

Schroeder was blowing by Rose. I didn't think he was that fast.

Quote Originally Posted by atljonesbro
    Me and many other Hawks fans right now are really high on the team and believe they can be a top 3 seed.