Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default one thought after the Clippers and Nuggets game

most of you were way to quick to declare Blake Griffin a jump shooter now.

his "deep" 2's still look awkward as hell

CP3 still has more impact on that team

Default Re: one thought after the Clippers and Nuggets game

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    most of you were way to quick to declare Blake Griffin a jump shooter now.

his "deep" 2's still look awkward as hell

CP3 still has more impact on that team
    His jumper is more resectable, but nobody should be taking deep twos regardless. Not like you can go from a mediocre jump shooter to Steph Curry in an offseason.

Preseason. Although, yeah, I think CP3 is better than Blake. But Blake needs to surpass him for the Clippers to take the next, next step.

Here are highlights of his jumper from 2 nights ago. (He specifically takes a few long 2s).

Check at 0:46, 1:05, 1:10.

PLEASE tell me what's awkward about his shot, because it looks pretty damn smooth to me.
    Last edited by LoneyROY7; 10-19-2014 at 10:40 AM.

National High School Star

It's hard to explain but there is such a difference between a natural shooter (aka Curry, Thompson, Ray, Mo Williams) than a "practiced shooter". One just looks beautiful and the other - well it doesn't. However, that's not to say that they can't become super deadly. It just means that they are not ever going to be amazing at dribbling + using moves + shooting...they just don't have the fluidity to be able to do that in their shots.

Ex of such players (that were super good at making shots): Karl Malone, Horace Grant, Serge Ibaka, and possibly now Blake Griffin.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
    Here are highlights of his jumper from 2 nights ago. (He specifically takes a few long 2s).

PLEASE tell me what's awkward about his shot, because it looks pretty damn smooth to me.
    he has obviously worked on his jumper. but he's still far from consistent, didnt he also shoot 3/9 from the FT line the same game?

the people saying Blake will be an MVP candidate with his new and deadly jumper might have to hold on to that for a little longer.

seems like he has the work rate to improve his consitency, and if he does he'll be impossible to guard. but i'll call him an MVP candidate when he is one

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    It's hard to explain but there is such a difference between a natural shooter (aka Curry, Thompson, Ray, Mo Williams) than a "practiced shooter". One just looks beautiful and the other - well it doesn't. However, that's not to say that they can't become super deadly. It just means that they are not ever going to be amazing at dribbling + using moves + shooting...they just don't have the fluidity to be able to do that in their shots.

Ex of such players (that were super good at making shots): Karl Malone, Horace Grant, Serge Ibaka, and possibly now Blake Griffin.

These hoes ain't loyal Nuff Said's Avatar

he has obviously worked on his jumper. but he's still far from consistent, didnt he also shoot 3/9 from the FT line the same game?

the people saying Blake will be an MVP candidate with his new and deadly jumper might have to hold on to that for a little longer.

seems like he has the work rate to improve his consitency, and if he does he'll be impossible to guard. but i'll call him an MVP candidate when he is one
    Wasn't he sumpin like third in MVP voting last year? Dude is a fringe superstar. Lebron just has the bar too high but a lot of past superstars had their flaws.

He came in third last year....

Unless he got worse, he is still an mvp candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

People think that's "awkward"? Look at his shot a few seasons back. Dude had a disgusting hitch and follow through. Blake has improved big time. In all areas, but especially with his shot mechanics.

About the game: don't know about anyone else, but whenever a pure SF starts on the Clippers, I've noticed they've been awful. What gives?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    He came in third last year....

Unless he got worse, he is still an mvp candidate.
    everyone in the league is techincally an MVP candidate

but thats my beef with Blake. he's a media product, and shouldnt be in the MVP conversation. he isnt even the best / most valuable player on his team

he shouldnt even have won the dunk contest, but erryone jumped on the blaketrain

Not a MVP candidate yet was top 3 in the MVP voting last season

So i guess, MVP winner=the only MVP candidate

Good logic. You learn something new everyday on ISH

Real basketball fans know what CP does for the team and how easily hes their best player. Blake deserves props for his improvements and finally having a good postseason tho hes prolly a top 10 player now

everyone in the league is techincally an MVP candidate

but thats my beef with Blake. he's a media product, and shouldnt be in the MVP conversation. he isnt even the best / most valuable player on his team

he shouldnt even have won the dunk contest, but erryone jumped on the blaketrain
    You are literally the only one who thinks this. If you saw Blakes numbers and the Clippers record when Cp3 was out you wouldnt even make such an asinine statement.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

A Clipper team without Blake is in more trouble than a Clipper team without CP3. The offense runs really well through Blake.