Page 1 of 54 12341151 ... LastLast

Default 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

Regular-season match-up: 3-1 in favor of the Raptors.

Schedule (tabulated from NBA.com):

Post your thoughts and predictions, here.

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

I wanted the OP to succinctly and objectively overview the match-up; therefore, I'll make my predictory post here: Bucks in 6.

The Raptors always seem to have been the most upsettable HCA-seeded team ever since they've been on that echelon; they lost in the first round with in two of the past-three years, and they were a few possessions away from doing so last year. I'm really not convinced that they have overcome their playoffs demons, either, considering how close-to-elmination they were against the Heat and the fact that outside of the two token wins they had against the Cavaliers, it wasn't even a competition by half-time in any of the other games.

Even if Lowry and DeRozan finally eclipse the 40%-shooting mark for a playoffs run, it wouldn't change the fact that best player by far in this series is donning a Bucks jersey—AKA our Greek god. It's easy to underestimate how much a team can overachieve on the back of a superstar—a commodity that only a handful teams can truly say they have at this time.

Moreover, the coaching match-up is oftentimes low-key at the crux of a playoffs series, which is why I always feel that the Raptors have a chance to be upset with Dwane Casey at the helm. Even with as many misgivings as many of us Bucks fans have had over Jason Kidd, he has already outcoached the same person who has been walking around the Raptors' coaching box at the time Kidd's Nets won their playoffs series over the HCA-seeded Raptors in 2014.

Sorry, Raptors fans, but they simply have yet to prove that they're formidable come playoffs time; that is why I'm not really frightful of the fact that they commandingly won the regular-season series against us.

Let's go, Bucks nation.

Default Re: 2017 Eastern Conference Playoffs R1 GT: Toronto Raptors (3) vs. Milwaukee Bucks (6)

Time for the Raptors to show the world how good they really are. This is a deep and talented team. I think the Bucks take a game at home, but that is it.

Tolerant Liberals

Raps in 4

Cali Love

Bucks in 7

Bucks in 7

Don't sleep on the bucks guys.

Raps in 6.

I got Raps in 5. Middleton was awesome in March but the fatigue caught up to him in April, he's just not 100% physically this year. With top form Middleton and Jabari we might've been able to push them to 6-7 tight games but as of now they just have so many more weapons. Looking down that Raptors roster the depth of talent is on a totally different level. Even after Lowry/Derozan they have Ibaka, Valanciunas, Tucker, Carroll, Patterson, Joseph, Powell, etc. God damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Velocirap31
    Time for the Raptors to show the world how good they really are. This is a deep and talented team. I think the Bucks take a game at home, but that is it.
    Best part about the cleveland blowout like Jack was saying last night - playoff norman powell is about to be unleashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBmWWkWqhY

Very good NBA starter

What i noticed with the Bucks lately is malcolm bragdon is thier x factor. When he plays, they mostly win. He just a consistent and level headed player fir a rookie.

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    I got Raps in 5. Middleton was awesome in March but the fatigue caught up to him in April, he's just not 100% physically this year. With top form Middleton and Jabari we might've been able to push them to 6-7 tight games but as of now they just have so many more weapons. Looking down that Raptors roster the depth of talent is on a totally different level. Even after Lowry/Derozan they have Ibaka, Valanciunas, Tucker, Carroll, Patterson, Joseph, Powell, etc. God damn.
    That explains why I've been over confident. We still need to prove ourselves and win with conviction in the playoffs. 4-1 is reasonable though, thanks for your honesty.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Best part about the cleveland blowout like Jack was saying last night - playoff norman powell is about to be unleashed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kBmWWkWqhY
    Yeah, I'm looking forward to seeing Powell take the next step to near-star level. The playoffs are the place to do that. He's a talented scorer and defender with a chip on his shoulder.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

[QUOTE=Naero]I wanted the OP to succinctly and objectively overview the match-up; therefore, I'll make my predictory post here: Bucks in 6.

The Raptors always seem to have been the most upsettable HCA-seeded team ever since they've been on that echelon; they lost in the first round with in two of the past-three years, and they were a few possessions away from doing so last year. I'm really not convinced that they have overcome their playoffs demons, either, considering how close-to-elmination they were against the Heat and the fact that outside of the two token wins they had against the Cavaliers, it wasn't even a competition by half-time in any of the other games.

Even if Lowry and DeRozan finally eclipse the 40%-shooting mark for a playoffs run, it wouldn't change the fact that best player by far in this series is donning a Bucks jersey