Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Olajuwon has created a monster.

Anyone watch Howard toy with Yao. Howard has now developed an damn good offensive arsenal of post moves and a seemingly solid jumpshot. He made some really nifty baby hooks and spin moves all over Yao. All he needed was a offensive arsenal of moves to be a top 3 player in this league and now he has it.

Default Re: Olajuwon has created a monster.

I'll have to check out the highlights.

Gotta do it night in and night out and not just in a pre-season game against a guy who is going easy because he hasn't played in a year.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Gotta do it night in and night out and not just in a pre-season game against a guy who is going easy because he hasn't played in a year.
    He also did it against Hill and Hayes who is one of the best post defenders in the league. Howards post game is for real. with his Size, agility and first step noone in this league can even dream of stopping him from here on. This shows how good the dream really was

Megatron7281
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

This......

NBA lottery pick

And an RG post. You must be burning that Howard destroyed yao.

Megatron7281
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    He also did it against Hill and Hayes who is one of the best post defenders in the league.
    lol....

He also worked with a "mystery mentor". Perhaps Shaq?

http://www.magicbasketball.net/2010/...e-last-season/

[I]He didn

Quote Originally Posted by ronnymac
    He also did it against Hill and Hayes who is one of the best post defenders in the league. Howards post game is for real. with his Size, agility and first step noone in this league can even dream of stopping him from here on. This shows how good the dream really was

I'd like to hope that he has gotten better but in the playoffs is where he'll need to show his improved post game.

While Hill and Hayes might be venerable post defenders they aren't comparable to Perk/KG and Gasol/Bynum.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Megatron7281
    lol....
    As i said RG, you must be burning that Yao got pulled down and taught a lesson by Howard. Considering you're mere exsistence is based on proving Yao>Dwight.

I am the First Officer ImmortalNemesis's Avatar

Exactly.
    What the f*ck is this shit? How about we wait a little longer before ZOMGing and deciding to make a thread, 1 preseason game doesn't cut it. FTR I think Dwight has been a top 3 player in the league for quite some time now.

He also did it against Hill and Hayes who is one of the best post defenders in the league.
    Howard has always toyed with C. Hayes, he was beasting on him last year too. I want D. Howard to improve but lets not overreact to one first pre-season game.

NBA lottery pick

I'd like to hope that he has gotten better but in the playoffs is where he'll need to show his improved post game.

While Hill and Hayes might be venerable post defenders they aren't comparable to Perk/KG and Gasol/Bynum.
    I think he'll do it and do it well. He looks alot better on offense.

Quote Originally Posted by ImmortalNemesis
    Exactly.
    What the f*ck is this shit? How about we wait a little longer before ZOMGing and deciding to make a thread, 1 preseason game doesn't cut it. FTR I think Dwight has been a top 3 player in the league for quite some time now.

Howard has always toyed with C. Hayes, he was beasting on him last year too. I want D. Howard to improve but lets not overreact to one first pre-season game.
    I agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    He also worked with a "mystery mentor". Perhaps Shaq?

http://www.magicbasketball.net/2010/...e-last-season/

He didn’t say it, but he understood that he was part of the problem. That’s why this summer, Howard sought out some of the greatest ever to play — Hakeem Olajuwon, Karl Malone, and a mystery mentor he refused to name — to get advice on how to get past this hurdle.
    Mystery mentor could be KAJ. He probably doesn't want to name him since hes a paid Lakers assistant.

NBA rookie of the year ashbelly's Avatar

Yao right now can't guard a manikin, dude has two left feet and can't move laterally. Hayes aint got the hops to keep up with him.. until he does thi against jason maxiel, i'll assume it's one of those games that he shows flashes of what he's been working on but can't do them consistently over a period of time.. e.g Magic vs the lakers regular season game in staples last season. dude was making all shots off the glass. i haven't seen him do that eversince. we'll wait and see.