Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend

Default Re: lol, how in hell is Dallas 9-4?

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    i never really understood the hate this team was getting before the season started. I had the mavs being a top 5 seed this year. This is the best team they have had since they won the ship in 11. I knew deron would be rejuvenated playing in texas, dirk is still dirk,matthews is a lite dwade, chandler parsons might be the most underrated sf in the league outside of barnes, and pachulia is a hard nose never back down get in your face center and his chippiness rubs off on teammates. Look at any team pachulia has been on and see how he changed the way those teams played just from how he approaches the game. Dont be surprised if the mavs go to the wcf.

Agreed, I thought this was a really underrated signing.

They have a roster full of smart, veteran guys. Teams like that rarely stink. The bottom feeders are almost always teams full of young, "upside" guys.

Yea, great start considering we lost monta (our best player last year especially pre-rondo) and tyson.

although i doubt we can keep this up. dirk is playing amazing and his efficiency is as good as ever, however we dont have that 2nd guy who can take pressure off of him. I worry that he will wear down.

parsons isnt really that good (coming off a scary surgery too), same with wes.. dwill and pauchilia has been great so far. but i honestly think they are playing above their usual levels. hope im wrong.
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 11-21-2015 at 04:29 AM.

Free the banned users. stalkerforlife's Avatar

Parsons back and DOING WORK, baby.

Decent college freshman

Dirk still got it.

Call me crazy, but I think Zaza Pachulia is a big reason for their success this season. He has been beasting.

College superstar BlackWhiteGreen's Avatar

They've faced the easiest schedule so far, which is part of it (http://espn.go.com/nba/stats/rpi/_/s...S/order/false). They were fairly impressive @Boston Wednesday night, even if I think the Celtics should have won that game. But they've also looked solid, they're full of vet players and have a good coach. Ultimately I expect them to regress towards the mean as their schedule will get tougher, and will wind up around .500.

we had a very easy schedule so far and Dirk just plays too good. dirk cant play this good over the long stretch of a full season. As a 37 year old, Dirk is playing 30 min a game and played in the summer the EuroCup with germany......its unbelievable.....and then the schedule will get harder, look at the next games. spurs, okc etc. there it will rain some losses.

i dont expect anything really great from the mavs. but maybe we will reach the playoffs. Dirk will be once again completly exhausted, cause he carried the team to that 8th spot. and then pam pam pam 0:4 against the warriros.

but right now its fun to watch
    Last edited by pastis; 11-21-2015 at 05:28 AM.

Dirk

dirk is unbelievable. 37 years of age. averaging 18.6/7 on 53/53/91 shooting. Playing only 28 mins a game too

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    Why is Sacramento so shitty?
    because cousins is a bitchmade mental midget who will never win being the lead dog

Quote Originally Posted by Cone
    dirk is unbelievable. 37 years of age. averaging 18.6/7 on 53/53/91 shooting. Playing only 28 mins a game too
    intelligence and skill translate to longevity, just like Duncan

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by sd3035
    intelligence and skill translate to longevity, just like Duncan
    GOAT's gonna GOAT.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Current team is kind of a fluke tbh. They are playing really well, but the offense actually hasn't been good...and the defense probably can't keep this up. Schedule has been pretty easy...though there have been some nice wins.

The real trick will be if Parsons can come back and play full minutes and play well soon. That might allow this to continue, but without that...I feel a regression is coming.

Having said that...I thought this team would win around 38 to 40 games...so what the hell do I know to begin with when it comes to this team.

Good college starter Locked_Up_Tonight's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Current team is kind of a fluke tbh. They are playing really well, but the offense actually hasn't been good...and the defense probably can't keep this up. Schedule has been pretty easy...though there have been some nice wins.

The real trick will be if Parsons can come back and play full minutes and play well soon. That might allow this to continue, but without that...I feel a regression is coming.

Having said that...I thought this team would win around 38 to 40 games...so what the hell do I know to begin with when it comes to this team.
    13th best offense, 12th best defense. Matthews has made a world of difference defensively. I see that staying at the level that it is at.... Maybe even slightly improving because of Parsons' health and less 3 PG lineups. Plus guys like Powell and Anderson will get some more time later in the year....

The offense should be better when Parsons is off of minutes restrictions.....