Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty
 
Scholar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Swaggy P's Palace
Posts: 9,463
Default I don't hate LeBron any more

I'm sure my opinion of the man doesn't make much difference to the vast majority of you, but I've decided not to hate the guy any more.

Before anyone jumps to conclusions, my reasons for hating him were:

- The Decision
- "Not two, not three, not ... seven"
- Retracting Twitter comments constantly
- Comments about fans "waking up tomorrow with their same personal problems."

Etc. Even the biggest LBJ fans can't say he's not been a PR wreck since coming to the Miami Heat.


However I think he's been given too much hate. He's trying his best to repair his image. I'll admit I still dislike him as a person, but he's a phenomenal player, and even my dislike might change depending on how he reacts to his (possible) 2012 championship. (Emphasis on possible, but I'm still sure Miami has this in the bag.)
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:18 PM   #2
outbreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,401
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

I still don't like him. He's an arrogant douchebag and gets bs star treatment from the refs. That being said i can still admit that he is the best in the league at the moment and he has had a great play off run. It annoys me when people are too biased to admit that he has talent and discount everything he has done as a player purely based on not liking him as a person.
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
AngelEyes
Sentenza
 
AngelEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: City of Wind
Posts: 3,588
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
I still don't like him. He's an arrogant douchebag and gets bs star treatment from the refs. That being said i can still admit that he is the best in the league at the moment and he has had a great play off run. It annoys me when people are too biased to admit that he has talent and discount everything he has done as a player purely based on not liking him as a person.

The star treatment he receives isn't any different from any of the other stars, past or present. I also don't find him to be any more arrogant than any other star player, except Durant and Rose.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:24 PM   #4
outbreak
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 13,401
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelEyes
The star treatment he receives isn't any different from any of the other stars, past or present. I also don't find him to be any more arrogant than any other star player, except Durant and Rose.

While I agree alot of other stars have gotten treated well too, Lebrons calls seem more blatant likely due to how rough and raw he plays. Saying he hasn't acted arrogant and poorly to the media through out his career is a joke isn't it?
outbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:29 PM   #5
TylerOO
NBA sixth man of the year
 
TylerOO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 6,692
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
While I agree alot of other stars have gotten treated well too, Lebrons calls seem more blatant likely due to how rough and raw he plays. Saying he hasn't acted arrogant and poorly to the media through out his career is a joke isn't it?
He hasn't been an asshol since losing last year. True or no?
TylerOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #6
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime
 
stallionaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,030
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

2 years later and fans still don't undrstand the ''Fans will wake up tomorrow with their own same problems"

I love that he said that. It's so true. The people who do nothing but hate him have no lives except wishing ill upon a guy they don't even know. When he lost the finals they had to wake up to their lives the next day, good or bad ones.

Uneducated idiots knee jerked at his statement. LeBron going over their heads once again.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 PM   #7
AngelEyes
Sentenza
 
AngelEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: City of Wind
Posts: 3,588
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak
While I agree alot of other stars have gotten treated well too, Lebrons calls seem more blatant likely due to how rough and raw he plays. Saying he hasn't acted arrogant and poorly to the media through out his career is a joke isn't it?

All superstars are arrogant except for a select few and what has James done this season that has exemplified an inordinate amount of arrogance?
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
chips93
Very good NBA starter
 
chips93's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 8,151
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
2 years later and fans still don't undrstand the ''Fans will wake up tomorrow with their own same problems"

I love that he said that. It's so true. The people who do nothing but hate him have no lives except wishing ill upon a guy they don't even know. When he lost the finals they had to wake up to their lives the next day, good or bad ones.

Uneducated idiots knee jerked at his statement. LeBron going over their heads once again.

everybody got it

its a dumb thing to say

lots of people struggle in their everyday lives, and hes coming across completely insensitive to that, that not everybody has it as easy as him
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:37 PM   #9
HorryIsMyMVP
Good college starter
 
HorryIsMyMVP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 3,384
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
2 years later and fans still don't undrstand the ''Fans will wake up tomorrow with their own same problems"

I love that he said that. It's so true. The people who do nothing but hate him have no lives except wishing ill upon a guy they don't even know. When he lost the finals they had to wake up to their lives the next day, good or bad ones.

Uneducated idiots knee jerked at his statement. LeBron going over their heads once again.
lol right...I certainly believe that.
HorryIsMyMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:39 PM   #10
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,389
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

i never hated him. ive never for one second thought he was not a good guy. ive thought he's pretty stupid, and im still irritated (and will always be) that he tossed away a chance to chase Jordan by teaming up with Wade. CHASE JORDAN and be in the GOAT conversation.

but dominant Lebron is a lot easier to like. Lebron as Wade's 2nd in command, that was a lot harder to watch. It made me sick.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 PM   #11
stallionaire
#ItsFeedingTime
 
stallionaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 3,030
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
lol right...I certainly believe that.

LeBron haters created their own definition for what he was saying.

People with brains loved his cleverness and honestly.

If Kobe said it all of you would be talking about how witty he is.
stallionaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 PM   #12
niko
I Run NY.
 
niko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Brooklyn
Posts: 28,389
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by stallionaire
LeBron haters created their own definition for what he was saying.

People with brains loved his cleverness and honestly.

If Kobe said it all of you would be talking about how witty he is.
He made a comment, everyone called him a dick, he looked like an idiot and he apoligized. There was nothing good about it. It had only bad repercussions. I have no idea what you are talking about. You are talking about it like people appreciated it's wittiness or he said it trying to cause the reaction it did. He clearly did not.

Total revisionist history, and ridiculously so.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:45 PM   #13
AngelEyes
Sentenza
 
AngelEyes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: City of Wind
Posts: 3,588
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
i never hated him. ive never for one second thought he was not a good guy. ive thought he's pretty stupid, and im still irritated (and will always be) that he tossed away a chance to chase Jordan by teaming up with Wade. CHASE JORDAN and be in the GOAT conversation.

but dominant Lebron is a lot easier to like. Lebron as Wade's 2nd in command, that was a lot harder to watch. It made me sick.

I thought that too when he first joined Miami, but that's just simply not the case anymore. Wade is clearly declining and is clearly an inferior player to James. If he wins the title this season it will be as the Alpha and that is what people thought he was avoiding, it's not the case anymore.
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:46 PM   #14
Jacks3
Very good NBA starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 8,883
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

It's Wade who I despise...
Jacks3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:47 PM   #15
LBJDW305
Serious playground baller
 
LBJDW305's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 431
Default Re: I don't hate LeBron any more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacks3
It's Wade who I despise...

Lol still mad he broke Kobe's nose?
LBJDW305 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:33 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy