Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

Default Re: Things Players in Pickup Games Do That Annoy You

Quote Originally Posted by Cleverness
    -When a guy is yelling/complaining about everyone else's performance, while he's shooting 0/14 with 0 rebounds.

-When people care too much about winning a pickup game.

-When people constantly foul since nobody gets to shoot free throws in pickup games or constantly push off on screens and drives to the hoop.
    Your second part is really true I get being competitive but it is just a pickup up game there is nothing we are playing for and it the big picture it does not matter who wins

One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

1. Guy who comes to play basketball in order to get his cardio workout and can't hit a layup but keeps trying it

2. The guy who calls everything a reach in

3. The guy who always calls for the ball when you know he isn't good. And when you score, he just rolls his eyes at you.

4. The guy who always says my bad

5. The guy who cherry picks a ton.

6. The guys who take hand checking to a new level (it's an universal thing at our gym that you can get away with it to an extent)

7. Teammates who want to play zone.

Guys who never play defense.

Not give me the ball every play.

When you team has 2 buddies that hog the ball and only pass the ball to themselves.

There was one guy I remember who clearly couldn't dunk, but he always tried but the best he can do is lay it up and tap the rim with his middle finger. He blows it every time.

Earned not given

People that try to emulate Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by chosen_one6
    People that try to emulate Kobe
    This is by far the worst. When I see a guy we picked up wearing Kobes, I always groan. I know what to expect . 13 missed threes and really dumb shot selection.

Although some of the people who wear Kobes are just very hot/cold. I remember seeing one drop 12 points out of a 16 point game only missing one deep three. But I've seen the same person brick open layups.

1. Ballhogs
    2. Lazy Defenders
    3. Dirty Defenders

Very good NBA starter

When short guys never pass the ball to you outside the post

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

getting annoyed is for betas

Calling for a pass when your teammate is in the motion of shooting. I just don't get the knowledge behind that. Go for the rebound. There been a few times I bricked a three because that annoying teammate kept asking for the ball even when I had a wide open 3. I never get that from the regulars at the gym because they know I'm a spot up shooter.

That former Division 1 player thinking the games at the local rec center are Elite 8 matchups and screams at all his teammates to play better.

Getting posterized last year . Dude cleared my head and dunked over me. I turned around to see the guy who inbounded turned it over. Next thing I know is I see legs over me and everyone going "ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" . Not my best day.

People who don't have a basic grasp of spacing/angles. Ie if I'm posting on the left block(my go to move) and you go post it the middle of the paint 3 feet from me. There's nowhere for me to go now(and I don't mean people who are cutting to that area trying to get a layup, I love to pass out of the post, I mean people who stand there like they are posting too), guys who refuse to cut when it's basic to the game. Ie you throw an entry pass and you aren't a shooter, cut through and I'll find you if you are open on the cut or you'll clear space. Guys who try to throw a post entry pass from taking it out when the angle is so much easier when someone you give it to someone on the wing.

Guys who spot up, never cut, but then don't shoot the ball when they get it and are wide open. If you spot up you have to take wide open looks when they are there even if you aren't a great shooter(if you know you can't shoot why are you spotting up????) guys who foul on one end but throw a fit at any contact on the other. Guys who "take" fouls anytime the game is to game point. I don't mean hey I'm trying to d up and I might foul you, I mean if you get the ball inside the three point line I'm gonna bear hug you guys. Absolutely hate that.

Guys who take traveling/carrying to ridiculous lengths. I know it's pickup but don't run 6 steps and expect me not to call it.

Yeah, people who don't cut is really common in your average game. It's a really simple concept to make a pass, cut, and rotate through the offense but a lot of people have never learned that.

A pet peeve for me is when guards don't use or know how to use a pick when u set it. It's just annoying to see someone take 10 dribbles and wave me off instead of just running a simple pick and roll.