Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    I don't get picked last at the park anymore i cant dunk's Avatar

Default Re: Things Players in Pickup Games Do That Annoy You

Have no idea why no one said this but people who play with NO SHIRT.
    its so nasty i dont wanna play defence on that.

other then that though you can't expect people to constantly play good defence shit gets tiring.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by i cant dunk
    Have no idea why no one said this but people who play with NO SHIRT.
    its so nasty i dont wanna play defence on that.

other then that though you can't expect people to constantly play good defence shit gets tiring.
    Yeah that too. Not sure why, I feel cooler with a light sleeveless shirt.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Quizno
    when there's a super huge fat guy who literally just stands in the paint and you can't force him out because he's so damn fat. he'll be in the key for a good 8-10 seconds and you're not gonna call 3 seconds because that's lame to call in a pickup game but god damn, at least make an effort to play legit
    This. Goddammit so much this.

- People who hard foul. Seriously its a fvcking pick up game I have other sports I play and cant risk hurting myself.
    - Guys who don't pass
    - Show-offy douchebags who shoot low %s but brag
    - People who stand in the paint the whole time.
    - Big men who don't set screens
    - Big men who can't roll properly or always either slip the screen or pop out when they know they can't shoot.

Banned

I don't think I've ever played a pickup game in which someone other than myself set a screen.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

I literally played with a team that did nothing but run and gun with 3 pointers, f*cking tiring and it's just boring

I rule the local playground GoSpursGo1984's Avatar

When your player rebounds and puts back the ball for a score and your teammates yell at you for letting your man score but they are just standing under the rim watching the ball. I am supposed to rebound for the whole team?

When you are running back on defense for a fast break and none of your teammates are hustling back.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by GoSpursGo1984
    When you are running back on defense for a fast break and none of your teammates are hustling back.
    That's a big one. Nothing squashes a fun chasedown block like watching another offensive player stumble upon the rebound for an easy score because none of your teammates chose to run back.

On the flip side, I am also frustrated by teammates who don't run the floor on offense. I'm not a fan of snagging a defensive rebound and taking off downcourt with a purpose, only to realize none of my teammates are running with me.

Making easy shots harder.
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosBoozer
    I literally played with a team that did nothing but run and gun with 3 pointers, f*cking tiring and it's just boring
    And this is why I despise playing full court. Halfcourt is way better because it forces players to go up against set d.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by D-Wade316
    And this is why I despise playing full court. Halfcourt is way better because it forces players to go up against set d.
    Ah, I am the complete opposite. Even with my full court pet peeves, running half court all the time vanquishes my soul. I can't live just playing half court all the time, for it's missing so many aspects of the game I love.

I need to get out and run. More times than not it tends to work out. If other people aren't willing to run, then I look like LeBron James. More likely, at least most of the players on the floor are willing to give an effort and it turns into a great and competitive way to exercise and have fun. But during those doldrums when there's either not enough people to run full or they're not willing to... a piece of me dies inside.

If you play with people who hustle back on D it wouldn't be a problem.

I don't like half court because if you make a stupid pass or dribble too much and turn it over, you have time to set up your D because the other team has to clear. If it's full court, it's a fast break dunk/layup. With that in mind, you actually have to play smarter in order to avoid giving up easy baskets.

Saw a basketball once

Things i hate the most:
    > People who call fouls for the slightest bit of contact.
    > People who get mad when we don't call their stupid foul.
    > When bigger people step on my feet :L
    > When people get one block and they act as if they just won the NBA finals. Seriously. Gtfo.
    > When people with no handles ( centers ) dribble the ball as if their a PG.
    > When people hog the ball...
    > When the person you check the ball to shoots it instead of checking it back.
    > When people classify taking one step as "Getting crossed" --'
    > When people are racist
    > When people who don't even play ball play
    > When people think their mad cause they shot it from halfcourt.
    > When people think their And1 and stay in one spot trying to cross people. Notsureifsrs
    > When people are hypocrites eg. My friend thinks he's got better handles then me because i apparently "carry the ball" all the time, then when he carries it he acts like we're all wrong. Pls. Stfu
    > Not trying to be racist here, but when some black people go around acting like their the best cause their black. Just cause most of the best players in the nba are black, doesn't mean your one of them.
    > People who think they're better then they actually are :L
    I'm in high school. I deal with this crap everyday :/

Quote Originally Posted by HomieWeMajor
    We have one guy that always draws a charge when we play. We would tell him to **** off but he owns the only ball in the neighborhood.
    Where do you live?!?!

It's not going to matter with good 3 point shooters. I literally had no choice one in 3v3 sometimes because another guy kept making them on the other team. We played like 5 half court games and must have drained 25 threes each in each others eye. Boring as shit and felt like a damn shoot around but I wasn't about to let that guy think that he was the only one that could shoot lol.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    - People who hard foul. Seriously its a fvcking pick up game I have other sports I play and cant risk hurting myself.
    That's a big one for me. And I'm not referring to guys who make a play and just want to prevent a bucket with a solid hack. I'm speaking of those whose fouls would be considered flagrant or intentional in real games. I'm also not fond of bear hugs or wrap ups.

And to be clear, my issue with these plays doesn't have to do with me despising contact or something. It's just, streetball is merely streetball - I'm playing for fun and it's real life. I can't really afford to have people undercutting me or pushing me from behind on dunk attempts. If there was something at stake, I could better understand it. But with my terrible health insurance, I literally cannot afford to have folks taking me out on purpose during random pickups.