Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Good High School Starter

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: Paul Westphal fired.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper
    I beleive you are correct , but they could be sending a msg to the players -
    deal with this coach , otherwise we will start shippin' your a$$'s out.

remember these brothers aren't poor , so a two year deal to them , can also mean we fire your coaching as$ up to the front office to hide , while we bring in a guru coach when available.
    My understanding is that they have some serious financial problems. Do you know otherwise?

Decent playground baller LaysUpBricks's Avatar

I just read a tweet by SIs Sam Amick
    Kings co-owner Joe Maloof tells SI that ownership had no knowledge that Paul Westphal would be making public statement about D. Cousins. Maloofs were upset that he disclosed in-house matters. It clearly played a part here. Westphal indicated that Petrie had spoken to Maloofs.

Now in regards to Keith Smart, apparently he was only given a one year extension (so two years total) for the head coaching position. I understand why they did it, so they can implement a system for this season and next season with the young players. I like the move since the players looked lost under Westphal especially since he released that statement. And Petrie made the call on extending Smarts contract, the Maloofs didn't per Sam Amick as well.

And apparently Cousins and Evans like Smart a lot, and I wonder if they hired Smart in the offseason knowing he would most likely replace Westphal.

National High School Star

Cousins head just got bigger