Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Playoff performances better than 2012 ECF G6?

Which performances can you honestly put above this one by Lebron? especially when you consider everything...the circumstances and the immense pressure of this make or break legacy game...costing your team a championship in 2011... and let's be honest, celtics were a lot better than we gave them credit for...they played with a lot of heart and savviness

http://youtu.be/_7kkbpcgXI8

Default Re: Playoff performances better than 2012 ECF G6?

MJ has a handful that are clearly better

Celtics were on their final legs, they were garbage but still probably a top 15 all time playoff performance

great performance. But the Heat were still the favorites in the series, no matter how much "heart and savviness" the Celtics had....

Oh, and Magic's rookie year game in the finals without Kareem is the single greatest individual playoff performance of all time.

College star

Michael and Magic come to mind. Had many awestruck performances, some of which were in the Finals.

Bron's performance was top 10 (maybe a little hyperbole, but definitely within the 15 best individual performances I can remember seeing considering the context). If you want to call it the best, that's cool. We know you're a stan so it's not like it matters
    Last edited by BlackVVaves; 04-15-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Great college starter ThePhantomCreep's Avatar

2012 Celtics had no business being up 3-2 in the first place, they clearly had foot and a half in the grave. Great performance, but not the goat.
    Last edited by ThePhantomCreep; 04-15-2014 at 02:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    Michael and Magic come to mind. Had many awestruck performances, some of which were in the Finals.

Bron's performance was top 10 at minimum. If you want to call it the best, that's cool. We know you're a stan so it's not like it matters
    The only thing that makes the performance top 10 is the storyline. LeBron had better stat lines than that one in playoffs.

specific performances though? and also i'm not saying Heat weren't the favorites to win this series, just addressing that everyone calls this celtics team garbage when they really weren't "being on their last legs" is not that good of an excuse...2013 SAS team were on their "last legs" but were clearly the best team in the west

a lot of people mention jordan's g4 of 93' finals was one of MJ's best...while statistically it was very good and better than lebron's, it didn't have the same pressure and this is what i'm really trying to get at when i say it's not quite as good as bron's g6

College star

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    The only thing that makes the performance top 10 is the storyline. LeBron had better stat lines than that one in playoffs.
    And like the rest of us objective observes of the game keep telling you Miami fans, it's not all about the stat sheet.

Edit: I'll remove the "minimum" tag though. That seems to convey his performance was even better than I perceive.

And like the rest of us objective observes of the game keep telling you Miami fans, it's not all about the stat sheet.
    I was agreeing with you. LeBon has games in which he put up better stats, but no one remembers them because those aren't all-time great performances. GOAT performances need to have a good storyline to go along with the numbers. Going by that, that performance is definitely top 10, but far from being the GOAT performance.

I was agreeing with you. LeBon has games in which he put up better stats, but no one remembers them because those aren't all-time great performances. GOAT performances need to have a good storyline to go along with the numbers. Going by that, that performance is definitely top 10, but far from being the GOAT performance.
    I agree and by no means I'm calling this THE GOAT performance but I def think this deserves top 5.

College star

Ohh, gotcha gotcha

Top 10-15 for sure. Gotta give it to him for dominating like that with the pressure on a million hundred thousand

Ohh, gotcha gotcha

Top 10-15 for sure. Gotta give it to him for dominating like that with the pressure on a million hundred thousand

NBA Superstar

Game 2 of that series there was a better performance actually, from the refs.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Kobes b2b 40 point games in 01 were very impressive

Young Michael Jordan dropping 63 on Larry Bird and one of the greatest teams in the history of basketball.