Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Default Beyond: Two Souls

I totally forgot that I pre-ordered this game until I got my shipping notice tonight. It's coming out tomorrow. Anyone else getting it? I pre-ordered this as part of a "pre-order 3, get each for $39" deal (along with The Last of Us and Dark Souls 2). Heavy Rain was a cool experience but I would never recommend anyone pay the full $60 for it or this.

I expect this to be just as polarizing of a game as Heavy Rain. People will praise the graphics and technical aspects while other criticize the fact that it's basically an interactive movie. I just hope that the writing is tighter and the voice acting is more consistent than in Heavy Rain.

Local High School Star clipse026's Avatar

Default Re: Beyond: Two Souls

I am intrigued but don't want to spend the money right now. I have heard that it's not really going to control like Heavy Rain though. And I've heard that it will be more than just an interactive game.

I never played Heavy Rain. I was interested in this game when I first heard about it earlier this year, but tbh, I'm not sure if I find it all that appealing now.

The more I game, the more I realize I prefer open-world games, like GTA, Assassin's Creed, etc.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Just like I thought, critic reviews are all over the map for this game. From as low as 4/10 to 9's and a 10. Gamespot gave it 9/10 but IGN only 6/10.

Banned

gamespot giving a higher rating than ign id say more often than not is a good thing, although i dont think that happens often

I really want to play it but I feel inclined to beat Heavy Rain first, and with the way games are dropping in price 2-4 months after release and black friday coming up...I'll wait for a sale. Or the eventual PS4 version.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I really want to play it but I feel inclined to beat Heavy Rain first
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    Why?
    Even though it's not a sequel, I just think I'd get more out of it. Although all the reviews have said that it's not really anything like Heavy Rain, so if you want that prepare to be disappointed.

Plus the storyline of it is engaging as ****, I just haven't had the time/inclination really to do a lot of video gaming since I bought the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Just like I thought, critic reviews are all over the map for this game. From as low as 4/10 to 9's and a 10. Gamespot gave it 9/10 but IGN only 6/10.
    It's not as interactive as you'd want it to be. If that is a game breaker, it's a terrible experience and the review would be awful. If it's not, then it's an engaging experience.

Me, i liked Heavy Rain although i'm not clamoring for another game like that and the plot of this one (the protaganist especially) holds little interest for me.

Welcome to LA S. Nash! rhythmic 's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    Even though it's not a sequel, I just think I'd get more out of it. Although all the reviews have said that it's not really anything like Heavy Rain, so if you want that prepare to be disappointed.

Plus the storyline of it is engaging as ****, I just haven't had the time/inclination really to do a lot of video gaming since I bought the game.
    Heavy Rain is such a great game. I never would have guessed the killer.
    It does take a bit before it picks up, but the last 5-6 hours were awesome.

Great game, one of my favorite PS3 exclusives.

Quote Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
    Heavy Rain is such a great game. I never would have guessed the killer.
    It does take a bit before it picks up, but the last 5-6 hours were awesome.

Great game, one of my favorite PS3 exclusives.
    Heavy rain is the best ps3 exclusive. Way better than that pos uncharted 2 u like to suck on

This is the 2nd best game I've played this year (after TLoU). Just fantastic