Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2014 Pistons summer league roster

The Detroit Pistons announced today that the club will participate in the 2014 Orlando Pro Summer League which will be held at the Amway Center's practice court in Orlando, FL. The league will feature 10 teams and will run from July 5-11 with a championship day slated for the final day.

Current Pistons

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: 2014 Pistons summer league roster

KCP will be on highlight here I would have thought. A strong showing at summer league could see him favourite for the starting gig. A poor showing could see Meeks move into being the front runner.

I hope he tears it apart, last summer league he shot very poorly, I hope he comes out and blows us away with this part of his game, it is really what we need out of him now as his D has already surpassed what we could have hoped for originally.

I know it is just one game, and it's summer league - but man KCP looked GOOD!! He looked silky and calm on offense, drove the ball a lot more than settling for the jumper. He looked cat quick out there too. And he was by far the best defensive player on the court, his onball defense and ball hawking are some great intangibles. He knows a good showing here could mean the difference between starting or coming off the bench.

And to my surprise - Siva looked.. kinda good? I never thought i'd say that. Let's see how he backs it up before I say anything else though...

Decent college freshman

Good showing from KCP. Definitely a positive sign for him.

Backed it up today with 30 points, 12 rebounds, 4 treys...

He looks so damn comfortable out there... I think SVG is being impressed / surprised by him so far.

Keep an eye on Siva, another 12 points, 7 assists and 2 steals on 50% FG

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

yes nice to see a player improve after his first year.. its what we fans hope for our players :) i am happy for KCP and detriot fans :)

NBA lottery pick

Siva is still not a NBA player. KCP stepped it up today. We need to see him have a very strong summer league.

Decent college freshman

If KCP can play like a starting caliber SG, we have a lot more chance at success this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    If KCP can play like a starting caliber SG, we have a lot more chance at success this year.
    He is looking super athletic out there hey. Quick first step and a flash like drive, and his end to end speed to chase down on D is very impressive. Looks a lot more comfortable with his shot selection and release too.

The better he plays, the happier I am with the Meeks signing because if KCP starts - Meeks is a top end reserve SG in this league.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker

The better he plays, the happier I am with the Meeks signing because if KCP starts - Meeks is a top end reserve SG in this league.
    I agree with that. Meeks should be a guy coming off the bench. Not a guy who we really need to rely and expect huge things from.

Exactly^^ I see him as a very low end starter, but a powerhouse off the bench. With the ability to come in a knock down 3 or 4 from deep range on any given night. An injection of offense to spread the floor...

I see KCP as a solid starting SG. He in my eyes is already one of the better defensive SG's in this league after just one year...

NBA lottery pick

KCP had a really disappointing rookie year. I really hope he can live up to his potential. If he came out this year and played lights out I would be thrilled. It would kind of make up for not having that lottery pick.... I love following the summer league, but it's still tough to tell whether someone is going to be good in the season after a good summer league. Some players are just obviously more dominant. Then you have guys like Austin Daye who killed it in summer league and preseason for years but couldn't ever do anything in the regular season. I kind of thought he'd be a guy who once he got to another team it might help him but he obviously is a bust at this point.

Austin Daye looked like the second coming of Kevin Durant in summer league!! ha

NBA lottery pick

He really did. If he could have learned SF better it would have helped him. He was even working with KD in the offseason. His shot was so fluid, I don't know what ever happened to him.

^^ Well he just won an NBA championship, he has a ring... Just doesn't feel right!