Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Met Toney Douglas Today

He was at a restaurant just off Miracle Mile in Miami with what seemed like his wife and kid. I walked by him and said "Toney Douglas?" and he just nodded and said "how you doin'?". I'm not one of those people to harass so I just kept going on my way. I think I was the only person who noticed him all day, same thing happened with Isaih Thomas a couple months ago.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Default Re: Met Toney Douglas Today

Advantages of being a normal sized NBA player. Which Isiah/Isaiah was it?

Nice.

Banned

Mean!!!! Good on ya

NBA Legend

Incredible story, OP. If you dont mind I'd really like to translate this into multiple languages and submit it for publication/distribution worldwide. Thanks OP!

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Was his wife hot?

NBA Legend

Was his kid?

Nice, yea they usually don't want to be bothered.

There's these two outdoor courts by a park where I ball every Monday and Friday night. The last month Kobe has always been there around 6 to watch his daughter play soccer every friday. He sits on a bench maybe 30 feet away from us for 2 hours every Friday and after his daughter finishes he walks right past us.

We've said hi to him a bunch of times. Usually he's walking back to his car with his daughter and maybe some parents and there kids and we yell "how's your knee doing" and he'll respond etc. Thats pretty much it tho. Me and boys even egged each other and dared each other to ask him to shoot around with us but all of us knew be didn't want to be bothered. He wears the same grey hoodie each time and he usually spends his time all on his phone while watching or talking to the other parents. I remember hearing a lil kid who was near the courts talking to his friends that he asked for his autograph once but he declined.

It was just pretty cool playing the last month and knowing Kobe was very close and at some point probably was even watching us as he walked back to his car. The seasons over I believe for his daughter and didn't see him last Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Advantages of being a normal sized NBA player. Which Isiah/Isaiah was it?
    The old one. He was walking while talking on the phone and I just go "Isiah Thomas!" and he just turns around and smirks at me and keeps walking.

is he coming to LA?

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee

There's these two outdoor courts by a park where I ball every Monday and Friday night. The last month Kobe has always been there around 6 to watch his daughter play soccer every friday. He sits on a bench maybe 30 feet away from us for 2 hours every Friday and after his daughter finishes he walks right past us.

We've said hi to him a bunch of times. Usually he's walking back to his car with his daughter and maybe some parents and there kids and we yell "how's your knee doing" and he'll respond etc. Thats pretty much it tho. Me and boys even egged each other and dared each other to ask him to shoot around with us but all of us knew be didn't want to be bothered. He wears the same grey hoodie each time and he usually spends his time all on his phone while watching or talking to the other parents. I remember hearing a lil kid who was near the courts talking to his friends that he asked for his autograph once but he declined.

It was just pretty cool playing the last month and knowing Kobe was very close and at some point probably was even watching us as he walked back to his car. The seasons over I believe for his daughter and didn't see him last Friday.
    That's pretty neat

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    Incredible story, OP. If you dont mind I'd really like to translate this into multiple languages and submit it for publication/distribution worldwide. Thanks OP!

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    He was at a restaurant just off Miracle Mile in Miami with what seemed like his wife and kid. I walked by him and said "Toney Douglas?" and he just nodded and said "how you doin'?". I'm not one of those people to harass so I just kept going on my way. I think I was the only person who noticed him all day, same thing happened with Isaih Thomas a couple months ago.

My sisters saw Shane Battier coming out of Pei Wei months ago. He ran like hell though and almost bumped into my mom's car.

This is at the Pei Wei next to Chipotle near Miracle Mile.

OP is a chump

Quote Originally Posted by Kellogs4toniee

awesome stuff!