Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default San Antonio Spurs Tribute - The Beautiful Game (PART 2)

Default Re: San Antonio Spurs Tribute - The Beautiful Game (PART 2)

Thanks, good video.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Mozart Basketball no pun intended's Avatar

Awesome vid.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Is there a tribute like this to the 02 kings?

EDIT: Here's a vid. Amazing passes, but shit quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglV2qpoD70
    Last edited by J Shuttlesworth; 06-17-2014 at 12:28 AM.

Great college starter

"that's Family Business."

Quote Originally Posted by Big#50
    "that's Family Business."
    Everyone in the media props this guy up, that his reactions are so "whimsical," genuine, quirky, and just "Pop being Pop" during interviews. Think about this. Imagine someone like this in ANY OTHER SETTING. If some dude you worked with in the office acted this way, you would see him as a social anomaly, someone who clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of human interaction or just plain doesn't give a ****; either way, he wouldn't be very likeable. He would be "that guy" that you and your co-workers refer to as, "yeah, dat dude crazy as hell doe."

Yet, in the NBA, when he acts like a piece of shit during interviews, the commentators just love his precociousness and giggle in delight like a bunch of sycophants, when in fact, he's probably one of the most hateful acting, vitriolic people you could meet. I don't care what his team thinks of him, how he's a great leader, as he has their best interests at heart - I don't debate ANY of that. He's proven he's an amazing leader, coach, and better than Phil Jackson. I'm simply stating, at face value, that his demeanor towards INTERVIEWERS are disgraceful, as he treats them as subhuman, and seems to get a kick out of it. People who are simply trying to do their jobs during press conferences. Even on the lower end of the scale of acting hateful, he'll purposely give quick 2 or 3 word answer to the interviewer, when CLEARLY we're expecting a little more insight on the question asked.

When watching a nationally televised game and he has a courtside interview, his full-scale hatefulness doesn't come out (that's only for press conferences, etc), but generally the distribution of answers are something like this: 40% normal, actual answers that people normally give, 60% WEIRD ASS, purposely blunt, short, flippant answers (Byron Scott does this too, and I can't stand it). Again, I suppose this is better than the full scale HATEFUL answers he routinely gives during press conferences, but it's not cool. Not cool at all.

My point? None. This is the internet. This is a message board. These are my pointless thoughts. Good day.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by no pun intended
    Everyone in the media props this guy up, that his reactions are so "whimsical," genuine, quirky, and just "Pop being Pop" during interviews. Think about this. Imagine someone like this in ANY OTHER SETTING. If some dude you worked with in the office acted this way, you would see him as a social anomaly, someone who clearly doesn't understand the dynamics of human interaction or just plain doesn't give a ****; either way, he wouldn't be very likeable. He would be "that guy" that you and your co-workers refer to as, "yeah, dat dude crazy as hell doe."

Yet, in the NBA, when he acts like a piece of shit during interviews, the commentators just love his precociousness and giggle in delight like a bunch of sycophants, when in fact, he's probably one of the most hateful acting, vitriolic people you could meet. I don't care what his team thinks of him, how he's a great leader, as he has their best interests at heart - I don't debate ANY of that. He's proven he's an amazing leader, coach, and better than Phil Jackson. I'm simply stating, at face value, that his demeanor towards INTERVIEWERS are disgraceful, as he treats them as subhuman, and seems to get a kick out of it. People who are simply trying to do their jobs during press conferences. Even on the lower end of the scale of acting hateful, he'll purposely give quick 2 or 3 word answer to the interviewer, when CLEARLY we're expecting a little more insight on the question asked.

When watching a nationally televised game and he has a courtside interview, his full-scale hatefulness doesn't come out (that's only for press conferences, etc), but generally the distribution of answers are something like this: 40% normal, actual answers that people normally give, 60% WEIRD ASS, purposely blunt, short, flippant answers (Byron Scott does this too, and I can't stand it). Again, I suppose this is better than the full scale HATEFUL answers he routinely gives during press conferences, but it's not cool. Not cool at all.

My point? None. This is the internet. This is a message board. These are my pointless thoughts. Good day.
    It would take a gun to the head to make me read this. Even then I may choose death.

Great video. The NBA at it's best.

Hopefully, the Spurs brand of basketball will have an impression and change the hero ball mentality of many NBA fans and coaches. The Spurs have shown that a group of players playing together defeats superstar oriented teams.

Decent playground baller dgaras's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Is there a tribute like this to the 02 kings?

EDIT: Here's a vid. Amazing passes, but shit quality

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vglV2qpoD70
    that kings team had better passers than this spurs team. that peja pass at 2:20 is top 5 pass in nba history. period
    Last edited by dgaras; 06-17-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Serious playground baller

Jesus Christ how many times you gonna copy/paste this drivel? Sorry, you don't like Pop. It's OK. Here, let me give you a hug.

Quote Originally Posted by davehos
    Jesus Christ how many times you gonna copy/paste this drivel? Sorry, you don't like Pop. It's OK. Here, let me give you a hug.
    lmao that wasn't even me. I was quoting Solid Snake hehe.

Anyhow, we digress. The Spurs play Mozart basketball.

Serious playground baller

Anyhow, we digress. The Spurs play Mozart basketball.
    We cool. Hug offer still stands.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Such a strong FNL feel. Dat combination of Explosions in the Sky, radio bits, and random speeches.