Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Default Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

Before I get called a homer fanboy, I admit I'm a fan of Jeremy but I do agree he has played poorly thus far and has not played up to his $8mill/year. However, other pg's have been quietly struggling yet Jeremy's the only one getting all the attention.

Jrue Holiday: 18 ppg (45% fg), 4 rpg, 10 apg, 6 turnovers, 2 spg (Linsanity type numbers, yet no one has been criticizing his ridiculous turnovers like they did Lin)

Stephen Curry: 18 ppg (38% fg), 5 rpg, 5 apg, 3 turnovers, 2 spg (I thought he's supposed to be the next Steve Nash?)

Deron Williams: 16 ppg (46% fg), 2 rpg, 7 apg, 4 turnovers, 1 spg (this guy was arguably the top PG in the last few seasons. He does issues with his knee this season though.)

Ty Lawson: 14 ppg (39% fg), 3 rpg, 8 apg, 3 turnovers, 2 spg (stats most comparable to Lin's this season)

Jeremy Lin: 12ppg (37% fg), 5 rpg, 7 apg, 3 turnovers, 3 spg

*Note: All averages do not include today's games (Nov. 12), I use yahoo sports to track stats and they have not updated it yet.

Just like Lin, most of these guys have recently signed large contracts. Are they playing up to it?
    Last edited by gyu; 11-13-2012 at 02:56 AM.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Default Re: Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

The guy Lin replaced @ the rockets has been having a wonderful run for the suns to begin with Goran Dragic. Hes lead the suns to a 4-4 record which considering the squad is fair good while avg 16ppg on 45% and 7.6 assists

Default Re: Yes, Jeremy Lin has been disappointing so far but he is not the only one

My boy Mario Chalmers is struggling a bit with his shooting and scoring too. His passing looks miles better, though.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    The guy Lin replaced @ the rockets has been having a wonderful run for the suns to begin with Goran Dragic. Hes lead the suns to a 4-4 record which considering the squad is fair good while avg 16ppg on 45% and 7.6 assists
    Yup, him and Lowry are BALLIN hope they can both keep it up. I still support ex-Rockets, Lowry's actually still one of my favorite players.

Banned

And jeremy lin is still the most over hyped/over rated out of all of those and let alone his stats will still take a dip after todays game

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Yup, him and Lowry are BALLIN hope they can both keep it up. I still support ex-Rockets, Lowry's actually still one of my favorite players.
    Damn i forgot all about Lowry i only seen him in one game where he tore D-Will this season i think he got injured recently to

Quote Originally Posted by BrickingStar
    And jeremy lin is still the most over hyped/over rated out of all of those and let alone his stats will still take a dip after todays game
    His stats won't take that much of a dip and will also improve in a couple categories. -3 points off his average, - 1 assist, -1 turnover, -2 steals, +3 blocks, -4 rebounds.

Maybe it is just me but he hasn't gotten much hype at all, especially compared to Linsanity days with the Knicks. Unless you consider trolls making threads on here (with the sole purpose of generating hate btw) when he has a somewhat decent game hype?

Banned

His stats won't take that much of a dip and will also improve in a couple categories. -3 points off his average, - 1 assist, -1 turnover, -2 steals, +3 blocks, -4 rebounds.

Maybe it is just me but he hasn't gotten much hype at all, especially compared to Linsanity days with the Knicks. Unless you consider trolls making threads on here (with the sole purpose of generating hate btw) when he has a somewhat decent game hype?
    Couple is more than 1 and you need to add -1000 in the clutch. Have you seen his facebook some people (let me be real they are mostly asians) think he could be a number 1 option or delusionally think he's a star player

He's also playing 34 minutes a freaking game and will be closing in on 10 pts per game that's just horrible
    Last edited by BrickingStar; 11-13-2012 at 02:19 AM.

Dunking on everybody in the park Phantom_Blue's Avatar

Meh, I think we should just stop defending him. Hopefully Lin will live up to that contract in his tenure (which I think would be putting up 15/7/5/2 on 45%) but until then there will be always be criticism if the numbers aren't there.

And he's not going to put up those numbers until this team finds out their offensive identity and they figure how how they want to use Lin & Harden, because up until now these guys have been flip flopping roles on running the offense.

Couple is more than 1 and you need to add -1000 in the clutch. Have you seen his facebook some people (let me be real they are mostly asians) think he could be a number 1 option or delusionally think he's a star player
    I consider -1 turnovers an improvement and +3 blocks an improvement, what about you? Plus, how are facebook fans generating hype? I don't go on his facebook so I don't even know this "hype" exists, therefore it is not hype. How can you call it hype if you can only see it on his facebook page? Hype is generated through the media.
    Last edited by gyu; 11-13-2012 at 02:21 AM.

Banned

I consider -1 turnovers an improvement and +3 blocks an improvement, what about you? Plus, how are facebook fans generating hype? I don't go on his facebook so I don't even know this "hype" exists, therefore it is not hype. Hype is generated through the media.
    I thought you mean turnovers in a negative way either way his stats will get worse overall

Decent playground baller Wang Zhi Zhi's Avatar

everyone of them better than the airballin ***** my son u even watch ball???

He's also playing 34 minutes a freaking game and will be closing in on 10 pts per game that's just horrible
    Ty Lawson is averaging over 38 minutes a game and he's doing something similar. At least they both know they are struggling with their shot and don't keep chucking.
    Last edited by gyu; 11-13-2012 at 02:44 AM.

Lin will be alright. He will never be a star, but he is a solid player. He is smart and always learning. Most of his turnovers are result of carelessness. If he sticks in the league for a few more years averaging something like 14/5/7, he would have an amazing career and be a great veteran to have in the locker room.

Lin is basically still a rookie. give him some time.