Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Let's pretend Parker gets another ring + FMVP

So after he is named 2nd team all nba for the 2012-2013 season, and if hwe were to win FMVP this year...

Who had the greater career? Tony Parker or Allen Iverson?

discuss

Default Re: Let's pretend Parker gets another ring + FMVP

Quote Originally Posted by SonOfMattGeiger
    So after he is named 2nd team all nba for the 2012-2013 season, and if hwe were to win FMVP this year...

Who had the greater career? Tony Parker or Allen Iverson?

discuss
    parker.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Parker already has a better career. There's much more to basketball than putting the ball in the hoop.

Parker.

Not airballing my layups anymore

so you would have no problem with parker being ranked higher on the G.O.A.t. list?
    Last edited by SonOfMattGeiger; 05-21-2013 at 03:24 PM.

Very good NBA starter

I'd still take AI. Pretty easily IMO.

Parker has been paired with a HOF big and coach his entire career and I think on a "team of his own" he's not much more successful than a Tim Hardaway type.

Parker winning it again would be like the Pistons beating SA in 2005 and Billups earning his second Finals MVP... I guess it propels him further up, but it's so obviously about the team with DET and SA.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac

Parker has been paired with a HOF big and coach his entire career and I think on a "team of his own" he's not much more successful than a Tim Hardaway type.

Parker winning it again would be like the Pistons beating SA in 2005 and Billups earning his second Finals MVP... I guess it propels him further up, but it's so obviously about the team with DET and SA.
    And AI has one of the worst approaches to the game that we've ever seen in a superstar. There's a reason he ended up in China.

Completely different circumstances for their careers. AI is simply a better player than Parker for me, regardless of how many rings and FMVPs Parker may win. I guess I put less stock on career accolades than the next guy, and would rather to prefer to compare and contrast their actual games.

Banned

Gimme Parker all day. Regardless of team makeup, and all that jazz, do you really think Iverson would've been looking out for his teammates, and passing them the ball on occasion, even with a team like the Spurs? Could you even imagine that?

The guy was looking to win scoring titles with Melo on his team, and could've easily took up more of a facilitating role.

Parker's overall approach to the game is greater than Iverson's, regardless of "skills".

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by taucesays
    And AI has one of the worst approaches to the game that we've ever seen in a superstar. There's a reason he ended up in China.
    While I agree about his approach and attitude, he played till his mid-30s, we're not exactly talking about somebody who flamed out at the rapid rate of a Jonny Flynn.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

This. People now seem to try and over-rate Parker to somehow diminish Duncan...which is going on a lot lately.

I love Parker and think he's great...but it's the above.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    Gimme Parker all day. Regardless of team makeup, and all that jazz, do you really think Iverson would've been looking out for his teammates, and passing them the ball on occasion, even with a team like the Spurs? Could you even imagine that?

The guy was looking to win scoring titles with Melo on his team, and could've easily took up more of a facilitating role.

Parker's overall approach to the game is greater than Iverson's, regardless of "skills".
    Just curious what are your thoughts on AI having a higher career average in assists and having a higher season in assists than Parker has ever had (7.9 apg)?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    This. People now seem to try and over-rate Parker to somehow diminish Duncan...which is going on a lot lately.

I love Parker and think he's great...but it's the above.
    This x 1000.

Banned

Just curious what are your thoughts on AI having a higher career average in assists and having a higher season in assists than Parker has ever had (7.9 apg)?
    OK, is he still not a shot jack artist that would gladly shoot you out of a game, rather than keep you in one?

And P.S. that's .2 more than Parker's highest assist year. Parker avg'd 7.7.

Like I said before. Gimme Parker all day.

LMAO, at "a higher assist season than Parker has ever had". WOW, .2 more than Parker.
    Last edited by tikay0; 05-21-2013 at 03:59 PM.

No, in the eyes of true basketball fans, AI was the greatest story that never was, He got the talent but destoryed himself by not polishing it.