Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678
    Banned

Default Re: BREAKING NEWS: NBA and NBPA meeting Wednesday

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    This is great but the key is that if they agree on minor things like exceptions, trade rules and free agency... it matters who is making the concessions on those things or if both sides finding a middle ground. It affects whats gonna happen with the big issues like the tax and BRI. I'd hate to see them have the framework of a CBA agreed to and then see it fall apart of a disagreement on the luxury tax or 1-2% of BRI. I think if the owners were smart they'd give up some concessions on minor system issues and then the players would probably accept a 50-50 or near it, just to save the season.
    I think it'd be incredibly smart on the players part as well.. Imagine they give up lots of leverage in the BRI but try to win the minor system issues, in the eye of the average fan this is them coming out into a press conference and saying we went down from 57% to 49, we gave up billions so you can watch us play. They completely win the press game that the owners have been winning thus far.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Locked_Up_Tonight
    If they have an 82 game season they will stretch it out in the summer. That has already been discussed.... when the NBA used to end in late April, if a deal gets done and all 82 are played then the NBA reg. season would end in May..... and the "lost" month of games would be played during that time.
    What about the olympics team?If that's the case and NBA ends in July i can see Usa sending college players.Not that Stern or Owners would lose sleep over it

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by UtahJazzFan88
    Agreed. Fisher keeps buzz killing.
    If Fisher is being a buzzkill but Stern and Silver are looking happy as hell, it means one thing. The players are giving in. Could care less though. I just want basketball.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Rab
    No, we don't have the chance to fight it. It's take the lower salary, or don't take one at all, which is where the players find themselves right now. I understand it's not an exact comparison. My point is it's hard for the average worker to sympathize with anyone is who is being asked to take less money, let alone someone who makes the amount an athlete does, cause there is a decent chance they've already been asked to do themselves. 10% to the average salary is hurts a lot more than 10% of the average $5 million NBA salar y.
    Okay, or find a new job. Happens all the time. When employers make pay cuts they EXPECT people to leave. Who said anything about sympathizing with the player? Never said we should. Just saying its stupid to label them as rich selfish greedy as*holes for this.

Sounds like good news, now lets get the deal done!

wt jazz

Still I don't see enough positive things.
    I don't think the lockout will end anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Clutch
    Still I don't see enough positive things.
    I don't think the lockout will end anytime soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9zJHvCsmOI

Quote Originally Posted by RazorBaLade
    I think it'd be incredibly smart on the players part as well.. Imagine they give up lots of leverage in the BRI but try to win the minor system issues, in the eye of the average fan this is them coming out into a press conference and saying we went down from 57% to 49, we gave up billions so you can watch us play. They completely win the press game that the owners have been winning thus far.
    Yeah but whats the point of winning the press game when the lockout is preset over, is it worth the $50-100 million theyd Lose annually by giving up 1-2 % points????

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Okay, or find a new job. Happens all the time. When employers make pay cuts they EXPECT people to leave. Who said anything about sympathizing with the player? Never said we should. Just saying its stupid to label them as rich selfish greedy as*holes for this.
    It's that easy, huh? Why didn't I think of that before? Seriously, it's not that easy. That's why you see people keep the lower salary...so they keep the job they have. Your statement is not completely accurate. It not always about layoffs, it's not always about pushing people out. Sometimes it's about a structure that is no longer viable, and needs to be fixed. Are you drawing the parallel here? You didn't directly say anything sympathizing with the players, but it's implied in the point when people call them selfish or greedy.