Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: Frank Isola SHUTS DOWN Kobe vs Duncan arguments

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    whats so funny about that ?

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    I view Ginobili as a phenomenal 4th Q player over his career. I was a supporter of those mid-2000s Detroit teams and I still remember his absolute utter DAGGER 3 with like 2 minutes left in Game 7, and how all-time ice cold he was in big moments. The big 3 he hit vs. Dallas could've generated a 3peat if he didn't then turn around and foul Dirk. Big moments against the Nets when we played them. Playoffs, RS, was always great in crunch time IMO.

But... Heat fans have fond memories of his 4th quarter ways in 2013 when his poor play and unforced TO's effectively decided a series so I can't blame AJ in the least.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
    me too.. should have known better...
    Yea I feel stupid

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    I view Ginobili as a phenomenal 4th Q player over his career. I was a supporter of those mid-2000s Detroit teams and I still remember his absolute utter DAGGER 3 with like 2 minutes left in Game 7, and how all-time ice cold he was in big moments. The big 3 he hit vs. Dallas could've generated a 3peat if he didn't then turn around and foul Dirk. Big moments against the Nets when we played them. Playoffs, RS, was always great in crunch time IMO.

But... Heat fans have fond memories of his 4th quarter ways in 2013 when his poor play and unforced TO's effectively decided a series so I can't blame AJ in the least.

yup.. add in his performance against team USA in 2004, destroying a peak duncan head to head in the olympics to the tune of 29/3/3 to Timmy's 10/6.. Dagger 4 point play on young d wade as well.

if aj was watchin long enough to see it, it would have burned his soul.

Ginobili is one of the smartest, clutchest players of all time.. I dont hold 2013 against him too much when he was beat up and old.

Gino has been terrible in the clutch for years and years.

Frank has never gotten over Duncan beating his Knicks.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

yup.. add in his performance against team USA in 2004, destroying a peak duncan head to head in the olympics to the tune of 29/3/3 to Timmy's 10/6.. Dagger 4 point play on young d wade as well.

Ginobili is one of the smartest, clutchest players of all time.. I dont hold 2013 against him too much when he was beat up and old.
    Anybody that has watched basketball since AT LEAST 2003 know what type of player Manu was. Explosive, crafty and clutch.

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Frank has never gotten over Duncan beating his Knicks.
    Isola trolls the Knicks as much as anyone does. I have a hard time believing he's a Knicks fan. Or maybe he just hates Phil

Quote Originally Posted by kurple
    Duncan's last 10 games came in the playoffs, while Kobe won them game #16 of the season in his last game
    Oh yeah? And how important was Duncan in those playoff games? dude had 0 points in a playoff game this year.

I was laughing at his idiocy.
    I can name dozens of players who were/are more clutch than Ginobili. It's like you guys have selective memory. If you ignore all of Kobe's failures in the clutch, he'd be viewed as one of the most clutch players ever as well. Same with LeBron, Wade, etc..

You can't ignore his failures.
    Last edited by aj1987; 07-16-2016 at 03:20 AM.

Definitely not. I just think on a whole, Manu wasn't the kind of guy to be negatively affected by the moment. Someone who all things considered I would give the ball to for a key possession in a game or the last shot. Like anyone he has failures in big spots but during his prime he was a killer. Even during his worst moments I don't think I'd attribute the word "choke" to him so much as just playing poorly. 2013 Finals was an unmitigated disaster though, no doubt about it. So many momentum-crippling examples of bad play that series.

Mind you, there's not many with more heart than Manu, but his head turns to mush when he's tired. Two HUGE mistakes - Dirk's foul and not running clock vs Heat (instead charging into opponent and picking up offensive foul) but you gotta take the good with the bad and Manu's done a lot of good through the years.

We shouldnt be surprised about aj laughing and thinking that was stupid.. any history outside of his boy DWade, he isnt very fond with.

Aw, come on guys, you should know better. No one outside of the insane asylum could ever articulate a legitimate argument for Kobe > Duncan, I'm surprised you expected Isola of all people to be able to.
    Wow. .. we agree.

Amazing arguement