Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow Just about one month on... It's still hard to believe

30/11/9/2.3/2.6 on 49.4%...

3-1 comeback

73 win team

Game 7 win on the road

For everyone who has been following not only the NBA saga over the last 2-3 years, but specifically the LeBron saga... This is still.... Herculean.

So much doubt, negativity, bad luck... It honestly seemed destined that he could never win in Cleveland. From the injuries in the finals last year, the rise of a super power in Golden State... One of historic proportions... LeBron the aging king of the NBA... A younger rival chomping at his heels... This was something LeBron had never truly faced.. Atleast not since Durant in 2012... Someone younger and as threatening to him and his throne.

The story literally couldn't have been written any better.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: Just about one month on... It's still hard to believe

straight motherfuccin ballin

After being down 3-1?

36/12/10 on 51%

what is this... GOATness?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    After being down 3-1?

36/12/10 on 51%

what is this... GOATness?!?!
    Throw in 3 blocks a 3 steals a game

Literally the GOAT finals performance

I mean it really is and I am being totally unbiased here. If there ever was an NBA career that will be made into a movie, its LeBron's. I mean, best player since Jordan, drafted to his hometown team, leaves in the most disrespectful way, all the backlash that no athlete has ever seen, comes home, wins in "the grandest stage" game 7 on the road, makes the deal sealing free throw. Its just unbelievable, his story. Its right out of Hollywood. You watch, it will be a movie one day. Not some cheap ass made for cable movie either. Big budget.

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    I mean it really is and I am being totally unbiased here. If there ever was an NBA career that will be made into a movie, its LeBron's. I mean, best player since Jordan, drafted to his hometown team, leaves in the most disrespectful way, all the backlash that no athlete has ever seen, comes home, wins in "the grandest stage" game 7 on the road, makes the deal sealing free throw. Its just unbelievable, his story. Its right out of Hollywood. You watch, it will be a movie one day. Not some cheap ass made for cable movie either. Big budget.
    Absolutely agree. Made a post about this multiple times over the last few years. When Jordan's story goes more like a Disney kids movie... LeBron's is a thrilling oscar worthy drama

He's been at the top of the world, and hit absolute rock bottom. He's been the most hated athlete arguably in the world, and he's been one of the most liked. Thrusted with the weight of the world on his shoulders as a young teenager, dubbed the chosen one since middle school. He has been under the microscope like no other NBA player ever.

To me, before this 3rd championship, his story was epic.... This just immortalized it as arguably the greatest in professional team sports.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Absolutely agree. Made a post about this multiple times over the last few years. When Jordan's story goes more like a Disney kids movie... LeBron's is a thrilling oscar worthy drama

He's been at the top of the world, and hit absolute rock bottom. He's been the most hated athlete arguably in the world, and he's been one of the most liked. Thrusted with the weight of the world on his shoulders as a young teenager, dubbed the chosen one since middle school. He has been under the microscope like no other NBA player ever.

To me, before this 3rd championship, his story was epic.... This just immortalized it as arguably the greatest in professional team sports.
    What really ties the story together well is what just happened in GSW.

A new superteam formed with the ultimate villian, Kevin Durant, who everybody will be rooting against. The world only has one choice on which team to root for to beat the new supervillians, and that's superhero LeBron James. He's gone from young admirable player, to most hated player, to most loved player, to the league's savior. If he beats GSW this year, GOAT easily

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

3-1 comeback
    The Cavs were down 3-1 because Lebron played poorly the first 4 games, when he averaged 24 ppg and 6 TO.

Game 7 win on the road
    Lebron only dominated the last 3 games and won the series by literally 1 possession.

But if he'd dominated the ENTIRE series like Jordan always did, then he would've won by a bigger margin and wouldn't need a 7th game, thus making him more dominant

At least not since Durant in 2012... Someone younger and as threatening to him and his throne.
    Lebron didn't have any throne heading into the 2012 Finals vs. Durant.. He was still ringless, so it was still Dirk and Kobe's throne.

And Lebron's 29 ppg on 49% was outplayed by Durant's 33 ppg on 55% - Lebron has NEVER dominated a head-to-head matchup against another superstar like Jordan did against Magic (33/7/11 vs. 19/7/12) and Drexler (36 ppg on 52% versus 25 ppg on 42%)

30/11/9/2.3/2.6 on 49.4%...
    Lebron only scored 2 ppg more than his 2nd option, so he faced less defensive attention than 2000 Shaq (23 ppg more than Kobe) or 91-93 Jordan (12-21 ppg more than Pippen).

Kyrie's GOAT scoring for a 2nd option took the pressure off Lebron, which is why Lebron shot 10 percentage points better than last year's Finals.

One month later and people are still melting down.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    The Cavs were down 3-1 because Lebron played poorly the first 4 games, when he averaged 24 ppg and 6 TO.

Lebron only dominated the last 3 games and won the series by literally 1 possession.

But if he'd dominated the ENTIRE series like Jordan always did, then he would've won by a bigger margin and wouldn't need a 7th game, thus making him more dominant

Lebron didn't have any throne heading into the 2012 Finals vs. Durant.. He was still ringless, so it was still Dirk and Kobe's throne.

And Lebron's 29 ppg on 49% was outplayed by Durant's 33 ppg on 55% - Lebron has NEVER dominated a head-to-head matchup against another superstar like Jordan did against Magic (33/7/11 vs. 19/7/12) and Drexler (36 ppg on 52% versus 25 ppg on 42%)

Lebron only scored 2 ppg more than his 2nd option, so he faced less defensive attention than 2000 Shaq (23 ppg more than Kobe) or 91-93 Jordan (12-21 ppg more than Pippen).

Kyrie's GOAT scoring for a 2nd option took the pressure off Lebron, which is why Lebron shot 10 percentage points better than last year's Finals.
    Jordan never faced a team as good and stacked as this Warriors team in his finals.

Agree. This HAS to be done. It's got to be made into a movie. It would top foxcatcher. It would top he got game. It would top most sports movies that have been made so far.

It wouldn't be considered a sports movie. I think it would be watched by the masses and hit mainstream.

Undefeated

KD wouldn't be on the Warriors had the Cavs not came back

Literally the greatest possible thing happened to the LeBron/Durant family 1 month ago. King Hanes came back from 3-1 in epic dominating fashion and just a few short weeks later KD ditched Westbrick for a guaranteed dynasty and multiple FMVP's.

It's just absolutely incredible to ponder such impossible scenarios playing out for both sides. We already won.

Dunking on everybody in the park BedroomBully's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

Jesus you are pathetic. Keep melting down while we celebrate this accomplishment that HAS NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE! Stay mad and bitter old man!

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Feeny
    Agree. This HAS to be done. It's got to be made into a movie. It would top foxcatcher. It would top he got game. It would top most sports movies that have been made so far.

It wouldn't be considered a sports movie. I think it would be watched by the masses and hit mainstream.
    He already had an epic documentary made about him BEFORE he left for Miami...

His life was a movie long before all the crazy shit that has went down the last 6 years.

They need to make a 10-hour EPIC on LeBron James. 2-3 hours isn't enough.