Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast
    Clippers ALL DAY

Default Pau Gasol Should've Been the Finals MVP in 2009-10

Pau Gasol should've been the finals MVP for 2009-10 championship and I think anyone who's not a Kobe stan would think the same.

Gasol was the reason why they won that year. He averaged 20 points in the playoffs that year with high FG%. He was much more efficient than Kobe with his shot selection. He also helped his team with the lots of offensive rebounds that he grabbed. Plus he averaged around 11 rebounds in the playoffs.

Win Shares back up my statement too. That year Gasol had 4.3 WS (.224 WS/48) and Kobe had 3.6 WS (.190 WS/48). Gasol also lead the team in DS(1.1 to Kobe's 0.9) and OWS(3.2 to Kobe's 2.7).

It was Gasol's finals MVP not Kobe's.

Banned

Default Re: Pau Gasol Should've Been the Finals MVP in 2009-10

No.

He was totally exposed this last year and proof that he was good because of playing alongside Kobe.

lol advanced stats.

Kobe 2010 finals stats: 29/8/4
    Pau Gasol 2010 Finals stats: 19/11/4

Pau's FG% wasn't exactly great either (for a big man).

If you really think Pau deserved FMVP, you're just one of those people that try to disregard every one of Kobe's achievements.

Pau was way more of a sidekick in 2010 than Kobe was in 02.

Once again, I completely agree with you GS1905.

Clippers ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    lol advanced stats.

Kobe 2010 finals stats: 29/8/4
    Pau Gasol 2010 Finals stats: 19/11/4

Pau's FG% wasn't exactly great either (for a big man).

If you really think Pau deserved FMVP, you're just one of those people that try to disregard every one of Kobe's achievements.

Pau was way more of a sidekick in 2010 than Kobe was in 02.
    Kobe in 2010 wasn't as dominant as '02 Shaq. Not even close. Kobe shot 6/24 in game 7 but Lakers still won. That doesn't surprise you?

Quote Originally Posted by GS1905
    Kobe in 2010 wasn't as dominant as '02 Shaq. Not even close. Kobe shot 6/24 in game 7 but Lakers still won. That doesn't surprise you?
    Dirk shot poorly in game 7 too.

I never said he was as dominant as Shaq. What I mean is that Pau was way more of a sidekick than Kobe was in 02. Kobe was 1B, while Gasol is just B.

Root Of All Evil

v.s. Thunder ... Lakers best player? Kobe. His defense on Westbrook won the series.

v.s. Jazz ... Lakers best player? Kobe. Easily. No justification needed.

v.s. Suns ... Lakers best player? Kobe. Easily. No justification needed.

v.s. Celtics ... Lakers best player? Could make a case for either, but Kobe being the best player for 3 of the 4 series, you have to give it to him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh

v.s. Celtics ... Lakers best player? Could make a case for either, but Kobe being the best player for 3 of the 4 series, you have to give it to him.
    There were already talks that Kobe was the MVP if the lakers lost that series. There was a huge discussion on here about it.

The Lakers wouldn't have gotten past the Suns if it wasn't for Kobe's heroics.

Clippers ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Dirk shot poorly in game 7 too.

I never said he was as dominant as Shaq. What I mean is that Pau was way more of a sidekick than Kobe was in 02. Kobe was 1B, while Gasol is just B.
    Dirk shot poorly in game 6. Plus he came back strong and closed out the game unlike Kobe who relied on others(mostly Gasol) to close the game. Also, Dirk didn't have any other games that he played bad during the finals unlike Kobe. It wasn't just game 7 that Kobe struggled against the Celtics in that series.

Even though I agree that Gasol was more of a sidekick that wasn't true in the finals. Gasol stepped up and carried Lakers on his back.

Clippers ALL DAY

Quote Originally Posted by Samurai Swoosh
    v.s. Thunder ... Lakers best player? Kobe. His defense on Westbrook won the series.

v.s. Jazz ... Lakers best player? Kobe. Easily. No justification needed.

v.s. Suns ... Lakers best player? Kobe. Easily. No justification needed.

Doesn't really matter. Finals MVP means you only look at their finals performance.

Dirk shot poorly in game 6. Plus he came back strong and closed out the game unlike Kobe who relied on others(mostly Gasol) to close the game. Also, Dirk didn't have any other games that he played bad during the series unlike Kobe. It wasn't just game 7 that Kobe struggled against the Celtics in that series.

Even though I agree that Gasol was more of a sidekick that wasn't true in the finals. Gasol stepped up and carried Lakers on his back.
    Yeah, that's I meant, game 6.

I'm pretty sure Kobe and Dirk had the same amount of points in the fourth quarter of the close out games. They both had 10 if I remember correctly.

And lol at saying Gasol carried the Lakers in the Finals.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

had he not blown it in the closeout game..Drexler could have gotten the mvp in the houston/orlando finals

but if woody had gone straight to police....this would never have happened

if if if IF

Root Of All Evil

Quote Originally Posted by TheLogo
    There were already talks that Kobe was the MVP if the lakers lost that series. There was a huge discussion on here about it.
    Yea but Gasol had 2 or 3 better games in the series. It's still a shame Kobe hasn't had any memorable "hallmark moment" type games in the Finals or for the duration of the series to put arguments like this to bed.

Root Of All Evil

Doesn't really matter. Finals MVP means you only look at their finals performance.
    Yea but like I said it was arguable even then. So the ultimate deciding factor for me is the rest of the performance in the playoffs.