Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Pistons 2017 Off Season Moves

Our biggest move is going to be when the Pacers move Paul George. Then we won't have to face him in this division anymore lol.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

So apparently Lakers looking to shop Russell for a top 12 pick....

#12 for Russell? What are your thoughts?... He is still 21 years old and hasn't had the best induction into the NBA, playing a part of Kobe's farewell year and then for a very poor / young team this year.

I do not necessarily like him, but it is hard to argue against his offensive skill and potential. Just 2 years ago people were comparing him to Curry coming out of college. He will never be Curry - but he can get a lotttttt better.

NBA lottery pick

I can't see why the Lakers would move him for just that. He's better than anyone we could draft at 12 more than likely. I'd definitely do it.

I don't think they see a good fit with him and Ball, and they are keen on Collins and Kennard, one and maybe both will be available at #12. Maybe they see a better long term fit with one of those guys, Ball, and then Paul George. Who knows, but they are looking for a top 12 pick for Russell...

Z.Collins / Zubac
    Randle / Nance
    George
    Ingram
    Ball / Clarkson

NBA lottery pick

I think Russell and Ball are a good fit together actually. If they were going to move him it would make much more sense to do it for Paul George.

NBA lottery pick

If Lowry is really going to leave Toronto since they don't want to give him a 5 year deal Detroit should look into a sign and trade. Move Reggie over there so they still have a PG. Throw in what you need to make it work in the cap. Instant upgrade. Unfortunately I'm sure he wouldn't want to sign in Detroit.

This would go against everything that you have been previously saying. Lowry is a good to great PG in this league, somewhere in the 2nd tier, perhaps ranked somewhere between 7 and 10th best PG. However is on the wrong side of the age spectrum, and good chance his last 3 years will be better than his next 3 years. This is an upgrade I 100% agree, but not a move that will shift us forwards from meritocracy... (correct me if I am wrong mate?)

I however would love to see Lowry on our team and would test out how much they would want in return. I think Lowry and KCP would be an amazing back court, and Dre would work well off him

NBA lottery pick

No more getting Russell. He's going to NJ.

Apparently we got offered Deandre Jordan for Dre straight swap,

We said no - Dre 5 years younger and 4 years left on contract compared to Jordan's 1

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Apparently we got offered Deandre Jordan for Dre straight swap,

We said no - Dre 5 years younger and 4 years left on contract compared to Jordan's 1
    That would be a really dumb trade. That tells me the Clippers think that Paul and Blake are going to leave. If they do then Jordan is out next season. They're trying to lock someone in. Paul to the Spurs. I wonder where Blake ends up. Celtics, Thunder, or Wizards possibly.

NBA lottery pick

Another thing makes me think CP3 is headed to the Spurs too. They are trying to trade LMA for a lottery pick to make cap space. I still think the Pistons should look at that. We aren't getting a better player at 12. LMA is a good fit next to Dre.

NBA lottery pick

Kings are still trying to get Drummond.
    https://www.sactownroyalty.com/2017/...etroit-pistons

The idea of Afflalo and Koustos for Drummond is sickening. No way that should be done. I'd take both of their lottery picks though.

Would you do Dre for #10 and WCS?

I would

But their asking price is way too high, wanting us to throw in our #12 in any of those trades

The suns supposedly offered #4 for Deandre Jordan (which I find strange!) if that is the case, I would do Drummond for #4 in a heart beat. If that happened, how would you work our #4 and #12 picks?

#4 Fox
    #12 Collins if he slips a little, otherwise if gone hold off until our pick in which a team from the late teens see's a guy they love, trade down with them, gain another asset, and take someone like Giles or I really like Anigbogu (a lot).

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    Would you do Dre for #10 and WCS?

I would

But their asking price is way too high, wanting us to throw in our #12 in any of those trades

The suns supposedly offered #4 for Deandre Jordan (which I find strange!) if that is the case, I would do Drummond for #4 in a heart beat. If that happened, how would you work our #4 and #12 picks?

#4 Fox
    #12 Collins if he slips a little, otherwise if gone hold off until our pick in which a team from the late teens see's a guy they love, trade down with them, gain another asset, and take someone like Giles or I really like Anigbogu (a lot).
    I would have answered that 4 & 12 scenario the exact same, and I also would do that in a heart beat. I feel like it's a win win. The Suns would do some damage in the West with their guards and a real C. Plus Bender would be a nice fit next to Dre.

The Suns offered Bledsoe for Mudiay and the 13 pick to the Nuggets. Doesn't make much sense lol.

NBA lottery pick

The Rockets have been busy today. People may think it's CP3 that's bringing them closer to a championship.... but wait there's more. This is the one that gets them over the top of Golden State!!
    http://www.nba.com/pistons/news/detr...ouston-rockets
    Gave him up for nothing. Makes sense. They only had a couple roster spots and need a 3rd PG and C. This clears one spot for them. I wonder if cash considerations means like $5. I would assume this helps the cap situation for Houston.