Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Decent college freshman

Default Re: KG for Bledsoe & Butler?

Quote Originally Posted by fefe
    I really do not understand why OKC is not all over a KG deal already.
    They have the pieces, and KG would really make them the best team in the league.
    At the end of the day, they're still a small market team and have to be careful about any move that would put them over the lux tax limit

Good college starter Rubio2Gasol's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artillery
    At the end of the day, they're still a small market team and have to be careful about any move that would put them over the lux tax limit
    It wouldn't.

This trade does nothing for the Celtics.

Throw in Deandre Jordan and MAYBE.

Quote Originally Posted by fefe
    I really do not understand why OKC is not all over a KG deal already.
    They have the pieces, and KG would really make them the best team in the league.
    Cause KG would make Westbrook cry

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

I can't see why the Celtics would do it unless they plan to trade Bradley (no chance they will), Terry, Lee and Barbosa which would not be easy to do. On top of that they got Green/Pierce @SF making Butler useless to them.

Doesn't really make to much sense for either team..

KG having a no-trade clause would NEVER accept this

After what he did to Ray, He would be a hypocrite to move to the Clippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    As much as I love KG it's weird for both sides. From Celtics POV it's a PG till Rondo is back, long time backup or trade asset in Bledsoe who fits in with their defensive system. Butler though would be an 8 mill a year bench piece and the opposite of what they will want for a rebuild. For the Clippers KG is a huge boost at center but then we have an unhappy, 10 mill a year bench piece. Not to mention KG is 36 or so and will maintain a high level of play 2 years max. I mean he already almost retired last summer.
    May sound like a weird trade but KG makes any team better and that includes the Clippers. DJ goes to the bench, but he has improved this season and is certainly tradeable unlike last year. Plus he can learn a thing or two from KG.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    May sound like a weird trade but KG makes any team better and that includes the Clippers. DJ goes to the bench, but he has improved this season and is certainly tradeable unlike last year. Plus he can learn a thing or two from KG.
    More it sits with me, more I want it. As for Celtics fans in denial saying he would never waive his trade clause... you realize him going to the Clippers makes them the favorites to win it all right? Boston is a tier 2 or 3 team at best right now and for the forseeable future about to go into a full blown rebuild. So not only WOULD he go to the Clippers in LA where he lives at in the offseason and his kids are but.... the Clippers wouldn't be a betrayal like the Lakers may be.

He's 36 and maybe two years from retirement so it's only fair to let him go out with a bang. Clippers traded Cassell to the Celtics to respect him and give him a shot at a ring they couldn't provide and this would be no different. Not to mention Bledsoe is a nice trade asset or even long term asset to keep for Boston. For now a starting backcourt of Bledsoe+Bradley would give teams nightmares while Rondo is out.

Then even if Rondo comes back and isn't traded you got one of the top 2-3 backup PG's in the game with awesome upside and if all else fails he has good trade value to be swung right away for a big.

Ideally the trade would be even bigger so Boston gets more rebuilding pieces, while the Clippers get more win now pieces.

KG+Pierce for Bledsoe+DJ+Butler+Odom. Odom expires at the end of the year so that's 8 mill off the books. Then you have Butler coming off the books for 8 mill the year after. Bledsoe+DJ are still raw but high upside assets for a rebuilding team trying to go young.

Rondo
    Bradley
    Green
    Sullinger
    DJ

6th man: Bledsoe

is a fantastic young core.

celtics say hell no

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Imo a third team has to get involved and Boston get something else decent for them to do this.

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Imo a third team has to get involved and Boston get something else decent for them to do this.
    Saw an interesting trade proposal earlier by somebody on another forum with the Kings as the third team. Clippers got KG+Terry, Kings got Bledsoe+Butler, Celtics got Cousins and somebody else, forgot.

Makes zero sense for Celtics unless DeAndre Jordan is involved, which then makes zero sense for the Clippers. I'm calling bs.