Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: Deal close-Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson for Monta Ellis,Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown

The Bucks HAVE To be actively shopping Jennings after this move. A Jennings/Ellis back court is like Golden State 2.0... high energy and fun to watch, but ultimately isn't going to make you a contender. Particularly with the Bucks trying to become relevant in top heavy eastern conference.

Default Re: Deal close-Andrew Bogut and Stephen Jackson for Monta Ellis,Ekpe Udoh and Kwame Brown

You have to remember, Bogut has only played 12 games this season...the Bucks are an 8th seed atm and did it with Sjax hardly playing and Bogut getting injured early on. So basically this is just adding a great SG and quality backup bigs for Milwaukee while giving up nothing they used to become an 8th seed...they actually do get better, hopefully can secure a playoff spot.

Local High School Star The Ownage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    They got Ellis! He scores a lot of points sometimes! He's great!
    Thanks for clearing that up. I meant who will replace the center spot? I don't know enough about their lineup/bench.

EDIT: Kwame brown is in the deal too. Silly me.

Banned

Jennings might be on the way out.. The Bucks org. was already vexed by his comments in the media about looking at other options.. So it may be that Ellis is the replacement.

A Jennings, and Ellis back court. Very interesting. Two ball dominant guards who love jacking up shots. Not sure if it'll work, but it will be fun to watch.

GS sure gave a lot for an injury prone center, and a head case.

Bucks won this trade in a landslide. They should make the playoffs for sure now.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ownage
    Thanks for clearing that up. I meant who will replace the center spot? I don't know enough about their lineup/bench.
    Delfino?

Decent playground baller ballashotcalla's Avatar

Terrible deal for GSW.

Ellis is a star and you need to get a star back.

GSW should've also thrown Biedrens in the deal.

Roy Hibbert Super Star InspiredLebowski's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Ownage

EDIT: Kwame brown is in the deal too. Silly me.
    Kwame's out for the year. So I guess...Gooden? Hopefully Udoh, even though he's more of a 4.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Jennings might be on the way out.. The Bucks org. was already vexed by his comments in the media about looking at other options.. So it may be that Ellis is the replacement.
    I want to see Monta go to a contender and play PG so he's not undersized or play 6th man. He shouldn't have to waste his prime on teams that are bad fits for him. I mean, if Jennings is traded, he'll get to take about 100 shots a game on the Bucks, I guess, but still

The end of the best duo in the nba Monta & Steph
    It is time for Monta & Jennings

@daldridgetnt: Bogut had asked to be traded in recent weeks, according to a source. After all his injuries, Bucks weren't sure of his long-term viability.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Xiao Yao You's Avatar

Looks like the Jazz won't get the GS pick this year. They are tanking it with Bogut out probably for the year and Curry and his problems. Stephen Jackson and David Lee won't get it done.

@WojYahooNBA: The Bucks still plan to keep Brandon Jennings, as @SpearsNBAYahoo reported yesterday. GM John Hammond made deal to pair Jennings and Ellis.
    looks like there keeping Jennings lol

Quote Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
    Kwame's out for the year. So I guess...Gooden? Hopefully Udoh, even though he's more of a 4.
    Gooden has been the starting center while Bogut has been out, no?

I'm happy for Monta. He'll finally make the ASG now