Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    National High School Star Richesly's Avatar

Default Re: 2014-15 NBA East Preview

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    The Faves

Bulls - The only team in the east with an established identity.
    Cavs - LeBron would have most teams in contentions especially in a wide open East

Young up and comers
    Wiz, Raps Cha

all 3 were playoff teams a year ago. Think the Wiz have the advantage over the Raps in most people's mind for going further in the playoffs. However, both teams aren't going to sneak up on anyone this season and will have to reestablish themselves. While the Hornets might have vaulted them selves among these teams with the FA they've put together.

Miami will be in an interesting case to watch. in the playoffs i can see them being a tough out for the younger teams. Also the faves aren't that separated from Miami overall. A injury here or there can really open up the East further and the heat might have enough pieces to take advantage if the opportunity presents it self.
    Future negged. Left Atlanta out of young and upcoming,

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    Atlanta fits neither category.

They are not young. Current Average Age is 27.1; that's over the average age across the league. They were the 8th oldest team last season. Starters average is 28.8.

They are not upcoming team since most have their players have peaked or don't have that much upside either. They've also been to playoffs 7 straight seasons with getting to second round as the ceiling.

Learning to shoot layups KobeBaRyant's Avatar

Bulls
    Hornets
    Pacers
    Heat
    Wizards
    Knicks

2014-15 BEST OF NBA EAST PREVIEW:

1) cavs
    2) bulls
    3) wizards
    4) bobcats
    5) heat
    6) raptors
    7) hawks
    8) pistons
    Last edited by chips93; 09-27-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richesly
    I like a lot of the things Atl is doing(for upcoming seasons) but i don't think they are primed for this season. They just seem like a team that is always an injury away from getting over the hump. I feel the other teams just have more potential for an upswing but your probably right that there isn't a huge gap between the teams i mentioned and the hawks.

1. Bulls
    2. Cavs
    3-8.

1. Bulls 59-23
    2. Cavs 57-25 (early season chemistry issues)
    3. Charlotte 53-29
    4. Wizards 52-30
    5. Raptors 50-32
    6. Heat 49-33
    7. Atlanta 49-33
    8. New York 47-35

rank sentamentalist

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    2014-15 NBA East Preview:

1. Cavs: When you have the best player teaming up with a young creative point guard, who just happened to wreck shop in the FIBA basketball event, you have a pretty good formula for a solid season. But when you add a really solid rebounder, who can shoot the 3 pointer and make some really great outlet passes, your season has gone from really solid to pretty much looking at ECF and maybe more. The Cavs are that scary and that good. They key thing will be, leadership and the power of "more". Will the rest of the players be okay with just enough to help the team or will they want "more". More minutes, more shine, more shots. Those are the keys to a team, with this much talent, becoming great or just being okay. I like this team's chances.

2. Bulls: The Bulls are an interesting team. Defensively, they are dynamite. They will lock you down. Defense wins championships. However you have to be able to score and this team has struggled with that. Plus we do not know what D-Rose is going to look like this year. The FIBA event, he looked really good. Oh screw that. The dude looked better than the D-Rose of old. He was quicker, stronger, and had a chip on his shoulder. So it is going to be interesting to see what Rose does. If Rose is playing like a man on a mission, the Bulls are going to be scary.

3. Wizards: The Wizards are an upcoming team with a lot of positive energy. They have solid players in Wall, Beal, Nene, Paul Pierce, and Gortat. That is a nice starting five. This team is going to really push the Bulls and the Cavs.

4. Heat: I have them 4th and it is pretty high considering. However I am hoping that Wade and Bosh are going to be motivated to get out of the LeBron shadow. The Heat have some decent pieces in place but they will be a playoff team and just that.

5. Raptors: I am liking this team. I have them 5th but they could flip with the Heat and be that 4th team. I am hoping that last season wasn't a fluke. I think that the Raptors are going to be a good playoff team.

6. Knicks: I never count out a Phil Jackson led team. If everyone is on the same page and the power of "me" is on the back burner, the Knicks can be a really decent team. I got them at #6. Melo will win the MVP award this year....watch. I am calling it now

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by JellyBean
    2014-15 NBA East Preview:

1. Cavs: When you have the best player teaming up with a young creative point guard, who just happened to wreck shop in the FIBA basketball event, you have a pretty good formula for a solid season. But when you add a really solid rebounder, who can shoot the 3 pointer and make some really great outlet passes, your season has gone from really solid to pretty much looking at ECF and maybe more. The Cavs are that scary and that good. They key thing will be, leadership and the power of "more". Will the rest of the players be okay with just enough to help the team or will they want "more". More minutes, more shine, more shots. Those are the keys to a team, with this much talent, becoming great or just being okay. I like this team's chances.

2. Bulls: The Bulls are an interesting team. Defensively, they are dynamite. They will lock you down. Defense wins championships. However you have to be able to score and this team has struggled with that. Plus we do not know what D-Rose is going to look like this year. The FIBA event, he looked really good. Oh screw that. The dude looked better than the D-Rose of old. He was quicker, stronger, and had a chip on his shoulder. So it is going to be interesting to see what Rose does. If Rose is playing like a man on a mission, the Bulls are going to be scary.

3. Wizards: The Wizards are an upcoming team with a lot of positive energy. They have solid players in Wall, Beal, Nene, Paul Pierce, and Gortat. That is a nice starting five. This team is going to really push the Bulls and the Cavs.

4. Heat: I have them 4th and it is pretty high considering. However I am hoping that Wade and Bosh are going to be motivated to get out of the LeBron shadow. The Heat have some decent pieces in place but they will be a playoff team and just that.

5. Raptors: I am liking this team. I have them 5th but they could flip with the Heat and be that 4th team. I am hoping that last season wasn't a fluke. I think that the Raptors are going to be a good playoff team.

6. Knicks: I never count out a Phil Jackson led team. If everyone is on the same page and the power of "me" is on the back burner, the Knicks can be a really decent team. I got them at #6. Melo will win the MVP award this year....watch. I am calling it now

was this sarcasm or are you just spewing bullshit?

1 Cavs

2 Bulls

3 Heat

4 Knicks

5 Wizards

6 Pistons/Raptors/Hornets

1. Cleveland Cavaliers
    2. Chicago Bulls
    3. Washington Wizards
    4. Miami Heat
    5. Charlotte Hornets
    6. Toronto Raptors
    7. Atlanta Hawks
    8. New York Knicks

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    was this sarcasm or are you just spewing bullshit?
    His jumper was rusty, as were some timing issues. But physically? He was super explosive.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Real14
    1 Cavs

2 Bulls

3 Heat

4 Knicks

5 Wizards

6 Pistons/Raptors/Hornets
    Why are you always so delusional about the Knicks? You are trolling, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Why are you always so delusional about the Knicks? You are trolling, right?
    No, I think they have a chance especially since everyone's healthy and we have a new system and coaching staff. Last season was a fluke.

cavs
    bulls
    raptors
    wizards
    heat (no excuses)
    hornets
    hawks
    nets

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    His jumper was rusty, as were some timing issues. But physically? He was super explosive.
    He looked explosive in spots, but his issues were more than just a rusty jumper. He was missing layups and turning the ball over at a pretty alarming rate considering the competition. To be fair, the FIBA game doesn't play to his strengths, but to say he looked as good or better than the "D-Rose of old" is pretty ludicrous.

For most of the tournament, he played pretty poorly... and toward the end, Coach K was barely playing him at all.